Michael Jackson / Jason Malachi Voice Comparison "Keep Your Head Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this one needs to be put in one of the threads, then go ahead, no problem. But i think people should check this out.

I wasn't 100% sure about KYHU, always some doubts in my mind...and now especially with this comparison video of the vibrato and what not, these doubts grow bigger. While i loved the song from the beginning, i also said something sounded different about the voice...i just couldn't place it.

[youtube]b9Q3dkZDVns[/youtube]

My god...... shut up about Jason Malachi.

I don't think KYHU is Jason (F#####G) Malachi.

I didn't before and not after this video either. KYHU is all MJ.

Actually I dismissed it right away as Michael..lol cause I only listen to it real quick! Get you some Bose headphones and you will hear things clearer! lol! well any good Inner Ear buds will do! As this way you can truly hear the vocals.

Problem with this song is that they did not do a bad job with the stitch, copy, and paste. The song starts as MJ on the opening line(maybe?) but goes into the other singer and back to MJ..if you listen really clearly it seems they switch back and forth with lines that MJ might have recorded.

What I wonder is if they also altered MJ's voice to sound more like the fake singer in terms of the vibrato/tone so they would match which is why we have the triple vibrato? I dunno! lol! Also dude also sounds a little Nasal on the verse: "She's Keep'in alive" and so forth. It sounds different from the the opening airy vocals.

On the part I can't 'Even Breath, I can't even sleep" should be a dead give away it
s not MJ.

Anyways..do you know if James Porte mixed this song or had anything to do with it? I found a good article on him. Dude is a good vocal engineer that worked with Boyz 2 men and it details what mic's he worked with for that album and what they were doing. Very interesting.

Peace,
Destiny

Last edited:
I have listened a lot to Jason Malachi and really like his music, but it's not him singing on the MJ tracks, it's Michael and a backup singer....

I have listened a lot to Jason Malachi and really like his music, but it's not him singing on the MJ tracks, it's Michael and a backup singer....

You actually like it? I think the dude should quit trying...what this dude is doing is trying WAY too hard to sound ridiculously much like Michael. It really should be forbidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back