Michael Jackson is UK's "Best Selling Artist of 2009"

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Best-selling artists

It probably won't come as much of a surprise to see that Michael Jackson was the best-selling artist of 2009, but it might shock you to see who the second-biggest hitter of the year was.

Our list, which is based on UK album and single sales from the Official Chart Company, features some of the most prominent international stars of our generation, some home-grown talent and a few surprises to boot

1. Michael Jackson

The journey from child prodigy to global superstar and finally oddball recluse ended when Michael Jackson, indisputably one of the most famous stars of pop'n'roll history, collapsed at his Los Angeles mansion on June 25th.

Within hours, rumours began to circulate that Jackson's death had been faked in order to escape his debts and abandon a 50 date run of concerts at London's O2 Arena that had allegedly been organised without his consent.

Following his death, copies of Jackson's classic albums Off The Wall, Bad and Thriller flew off the shelves with experts predicting album sales to exceed £150 million. Not only does this make Jackson the highest-earning artist of 2009 but it puts him on course to become the highest-earning entertainer of all time.

http://uk.yearinreview.yahoo.com/2009/music#bestsellingartists

Yup, the UK loves Michael Jackson.
Thanks for posting.

The Brits love Michael! Whilst this is great news though it just makes me sad as I just wish this could have been done when he was alive. Bravo Michael.

Following his death, copies of Jackson's classic albums Off The Wall, Bad and Thriller flew off the shelves with experts predicting album sales to exceed £150 million. Not only does this make Jackson the highest-earning artist of 2009 but it puts him on course to become the highest-earning entertainer of all time.

http://uk.yearinreview.yahoo.com/2009/music#bestsellingartists

The media seems love to ignore "Dangerous, history, invincible" albums. I think Dangerous is Michael's best album, although I listened "invincible" most.

is the red part meant of all time in the UK or of all time of all time?

does this make sense? :mellow:

well done baby :clapping: England loves ya ;)

Yep, UK has always appreciated Michael. I'm glad this is still the case. :happy:

Michael continues on breaking records and the media continues on bringing him down and belittling his achievements. How does anyone compare to Michael Jackson?! It frustrates me.

if i didn't like the weather in my city i would like to make UK my other home. what a great place. nice that the fans there have always been tops with MJ support.

The article needs to be corrected. MJ is already the highest earning Entertainer in history.

HE has earned more money than anyone. Its an official Guinness world record.

I wonder how the Guinness World Records is going honor MJ. They better include all these new records he has broken after his death.

Here here, Dangerous is definately his best and it rarely gets mentioned.

I think they do that for 3 main reasons:

1. He's officially white in those albums.. I don't know why but i think it has to do with it.

2. No quincy jones.

3. It was not in the 80's, the media loves to put MJ as an 80's star and no more. so they just leave everything out in the dust.

umm... what are these new records exactly?

-The huge chart records MJ made during the first few weeks after his death. Some of these may include:

1) The first artist to have three (3) catalogue albums outsell the #1 album on Billboard 200.

2) The first and only artist to have six (6) of the top 10 best selling albums in the US

3) The first and only artist to sell over 1 million digital downloads in a week in the US (Jackson sold 2.3 million, plus another 300,000 J5 songs)

4) The first and only artist to ever have all ten (10) positions on the Billboard Catalogue charts

5)The first and only artist to have a staggering 25 songs in the Top 75 Hot Digital Songs Chart (US)

6) The biggest selling artist of 2009 in the US with sales of between 7 and 7.8 million (depending on if you count to end of Nov or Dec).

^ And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. That's only US too. Jackson shattered chart records all around the globe in countries such as Canada, UK, Australia (he was the first artist in Australian history to ever occupy the number one, two, and three positions on the charts), and many other nations. MJ literally broke over 100 musical records this year all around the globe.

....wow 0_0... I really didn't think it was THAT big..

Couldn't be any other way.

Michael, I hope you knew how much your fans loved (loves) you.

You will be missed forever and EVER.

I dont care if he must be dead if he is just so honorable. He was the man really so theses no points to be something you hate. He was just so important and so is his legacy.

Back