Michael Jackson in the 'Guinness World Records' book 2015

Horakhty

Proud Member
10671374_701369689939109_8761490617942069361_n.jpg

1011808_701370119939066_1566998674055668476_n.jpg

10440953_701369039939174_8455647259590975965_n.jpg

1796435_701368536605891_452789538780839832_n.jpg

[SOURCE]

65 million copies of Thriller sold they say.

BUT - Wasn't it them "Guiness World Records" that gave MJ the diploma for having sold 104 million copies with Thriller?? - Why are their numbers so ever changing?

BTW - I believe 65 million more than 104 million. - 104 million copies sold always seemed a little too high.

I think 65-66 million is more realistic than 100+ million. And it still makes it the biggest selling album by far.

I took a peek at the book. Over 65 million, I kinda disagree with it, I'd say could be more than that. You can say 65 million but I'm sticking with 104 million.

There's also a picture of MJ visiting the Guinness World Records Headquarters back in 2006 in one of the first few pages of this new version. This year's book is the 60th anniversary edition, so it was part of a random montage of pictures of Guinness World Record history.

Love such wonderful news!!!:clap:

Michael Jackson continues to be the invincible KING of pop/rock/soul music, dance, performance, entertainment, popularity...the KING of it all...!!! :bow:

He also has the Guinness Record of being the only person to have so many Guinness records to his name!!!
:woohoo:

Thank you Michael, for your extraordinary legacy that continues to inspire us all!!!
:yes:
We L.O.V.E you...we are so forever proud of you and we will always do you proud!!!:wub::flowers: :angel:
You are forever...:billiejean:

Didn't we have a thread on the number of Thriller albums sold. The estate even provided some information and still people do not believe it, oh well. I guess the source Guinness is using is not the same as the estate. I will never believe Thriller only sold sixty something million. I was around when Thriller came out and was a part of all the hype and buying. I even visited the Caribbean and it was being sold there. Plus it was being sold in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Australia, North America. It is still being sold. Anyway we have a thread on this topic so I better be quiet.

Black & White reminds me of the days when the release of Michael's videos was a global tv experience--the good old days.

Last edited:
Indeed Petra, how come they gave Michael that diploma certifying 104 million copies sold in November 2006 and even with that thread about Thriller where the Estate corroborates the 100+ million copies, Guinness changed it all the sudden? A reminder!

Over 65m = 100m. They just didn't say it there. I remember to when Thriller came out, everybody and I do mean everybody had that album. And after all if he could sell 65-66m why not 104m then?

That Thriller dance in Mexico is amazing.

Over 65m = 100m. They just didn't say it there. I remember to when Thriller came out, everybody and I do mean everybody had that album. And after all if he could sell 65-66m why not 104m then?

That Thriller dance in Mexico is amazing.

Indeed! I was in high school when Thriller was released and I remember seeing people standing in long lines at the record stores to get it! My teachers and school administrators bought it too, lol! The principal was every bit in his 50s and had a copy in his office. 65 million is so far off from the real numbers sold. My first copy was a gift from my sisters. I know for a fact that I bought that album in every format available multiple times for multiple people: vinyl, cassette tape, CD and now digital.

Indeed! I was in high school when Thriller was released and I remember seeing people standing in long lines at the record stores to get it! My teachers and school administrators bought it too, lol! The principal was every bit in his 50s and had a copy in his office. 65 million is so far off from the real numbers sold. My first copy was a gift from my sisters. I know for a fact that I bought that album in every format available multiple times for multiple people: vinyl, cassette tape, CD and now digital.

I even buy it now for gifts. This album is constantly getting little sales all over the place. Maybe Guiness sales comes from the larger markets like the US.

No ones infallible I suppose. Not even Guinness. Guess they forgot 'bout that picture shown above. Be nice if one of them would stick to their guns for once.

Back