Michael Jackson Graphic novel coming soon(end of August) !

Ankita

Proud Member
Aug 2011
Michael Jackson, the Black Eyed Peas and Britney Spears are some of the artists being showcased in a new release of "Fame" biography graphic novels starting this month.
Selena Gomez and Taylor Lautner will also be in the line up of special edition comics, which are a repackaging of previous publications with extra artwork, stories and new covers to expand each edition to nearly 40-pages. Each issue will cost $7.99 and will be available at most traditional book stores like Barnes & Nobles.
“Each of these titles sold out during their initial release, but now we are nearly doubling the size of the book and giving fans and collectors more of what they want,” said publisher Darren G. Davis in a statement.
The “Fame” graphic novel series launched earlier this year as a spin-off of Bluewater Comics' “Female Force” and “Political Power” biography comics. The series allows the publisher to explore celebrity culture, telling the stories of how each rose to fame and how they deal with being in the public eye.
The Jackson edition will be released this month, followed by Gomez and the Black Eyed Peas in September, Lautner in November and Spears in December.
Source-www.jsonline.com

51xMvf3nzXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

[h=1]FAME: Michael Jackson - The Graphic novel [Paperback][/h] Wey-Yuih Lohhttp://www.amazon.com/FAME-Michael-...646/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312563441&sr=8-1# (Author), Michael Szyksznian (Author)
Like (0)

Price:$7.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

I hope sand pray it does justice to Michael's creative genius, his extraordinary accomplishments as the greatest entertainer of all time, as well as to his absolute goodness and graciousness as an amazing human being!

The cover looks cool , lets hope it will be good

I hope this is genuine and doesn't bash Michael in anyway.

When I was doing volunteer work at the library last month, I noticed in the music section of the books there were many books on the Beatles, Elvis, Aretha Franklin, Sinatra, Madonna, etc, etc. But NONE on Michael and it really upset me to realize that. There was also a graphic novel on Elvis. It was then I began to hope that someday books appreciating Michael Jackson as a talented music artist and good person will be on those shelves along with the rest. He deserves that. I hope this book does good justice to Michael's name somehow and I hope to see more books about him on those shelves in the future.

I'll wait for reviews. When it comes to Michael, I don't trust the intentions of others easily.

When I was doing volunteer work at the library last month, I noticed in the music section of the books there were many books on the Beatles, Elvis, Aretha Franklin, Sinatra, Madonna, etc, etc. But NONE on Michael and it really upset me to realize that. There was also a graphic novel on Elvis. It was then I began to hope that someday books appreciating Michael Jackson as a talented music artist and good person will be on those shelves along with the rest. He deserves that. I hope this book does good justice to Michael's name somehow and I hope to see more books about him on those shelves in the future.

That's why I'm looking forward to Joseph Vogel's book. If you are still doing voluntary work at that library, maybe you can recommend them to get it once it's released in November this year :)

I pre-ordered it but canceled it later thinking I should wait for the review.
I really doubt they can put all his life in 40 pages lol and not a big fan of American comic drawling style.

]
When I was doing volunteer work at the library last month, I noticed in the music section of the books there were many books on the Beatles, Elvis, Aretha Franklin, Sinatra, Madonna, etc, etc. But NONE on Michael and it really upset me to realize that. T

Really? :( That's sad. I hope this will change. It would be wonderful to have in libraries, books like Joe Vogel and many others.

I plan on trying to get a job at the library soon. I will definitely recommend books about Michael. I didn't think of doing that. It would be so great if there were.

I'm on the fence about this one. In regards to the comic itself, Michael's comic design is the most superior out of all the ones in their "fame" collection. It looks desirable and interesting in comparison to the others... The sneak peek Amazon provides also seems to be all positive--however, that's only the first page or so. Moreover, I think Michael would have gotten a kick out of the idea of a comic book being made about his career.

On the other hand, however, there is the company at large. Alongside Michael, they feature comics on other, not so impressive figures. Some of the other subjects are: Robert Pattinson, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and Tiger Woods, to name a few. In other words, they chronicle pop culture as a whole and feature whatever is popular--cold, cruel, emotionless capitalism surely ensues. Therefore, I question whether this tribute comic will be good enough to match our standards--we're not the usual gaggle of superficial fans other celebrities accumulate. It is obvious that Michael's fan base is an extremely dedicated and caring one, so I wonder if a product like this, of the same stock as those dumb dime per dozen magazines about Bieber and Gaga, will live up to our standards? Is it even worth the effort?

Well, I obviously don't know. I would advise against pre-ordering this product, or getting too excited. However, I would also advise against being completely closed off to the idea--despite the company's business, each comic has a different set of writers, so some of these people could be Michael Jackson fans and therefore could understand what he means to us. The best course of action, as far as I can say, is to wait and see. Peruse the volume once it is released to the general public via Barnes and Noble, etc. and wait for peer reviews if, for whatever reason, the comic is not available to you in person.

This is by far the most sensible thing to do.

I was all excited for a moment thinking this was the comic Michael had written with someone. What ever happened to that project? I still want to see it.

Interesting I'll be keeping an eye on this

I'll be getting it this month through an online store!

With the type of books those have been usually published about Michael, maybe it's better... :ph34r:

But Joe Vogel's book will hopefully put the focus back on music again.

hmmm... Something on my 'wishlist' ... I hope they sell it in HMV as I'm definately saving for my London trip next year...

A comic book on Michael... I've only seen 'comics' on Michael made by fans in fanzines... So I think its a thrilling idea to buy one in the store... Okay, maybe... The same 'crap' but I would buy it for the piccies and I'm sure Michael would have loved it...

Back