Michael Jackson exhibition O2 6 Jan 2009

Bektin

Proud Member
Hi

I know that this will probably be not be of any interest to many people, but I do feel that I have to vent to fellow fans at my experience at the above event. I am a huge MJ fan and had been desperate to attend the MJ exhibition since it opened, but I decided to wait until 6 Jan, my birthday, to attend as a special treat. I had only been through 5 of the areas when I and my husband were told that we had to leave as the "weather conditions were extreme" (for anyone out of London there was a couple of inches of snow) and the whole transport system was closing down and there was no way I could travel home. I found the staff very rude and unsympathetic to the fact that it was my birthday and my birthday was being ruined. Now, if there was a genuine weather emergency I would understand, but the O2 was still letting people in as I left and I was able to travel to the restaurant in central London that I had previously booked and then travel back home with no more trouble than a cancelled train which is pretty much normal. The manager was very rude and offered no apology, and actually tried to make me feel grateful that I was given a ticket to attend the exhibition at another time even though I had paid for my original ticket which I was not able to use. My birthday will never come again and as my husband does shift work we will not be able to attend together before the end of the exhibition. I felt disappointed that these rude individuals are in charge of a Michael event, he would have understood his fans’ disappointment whereas all the staff were concerned about was the chance for them to go home early.

jobs worths. and whats known in the north of england as southern softies lol. complain to them u might get some freebie out of it

jobs worths. and whats known in the north of england as southern softies lol. complain to them u might get some freebie out of it

Now now now just because us Southerners cant handle a few inches of snow :p ! In all seriousness if you're not happy ring them up and complain. You had your day ruined so let them know about it. The customer needs to be kept happy.

Now now now just because us Southerners cant handle a few inches of snow :p ! In all seriousness if you're not happy ring them up and complain. You had your day ruined so let them know about it. The customer needs to be kept happy.

u know i luv u really lol yeap complain get a freet shirt out of them or something

u know i luv u really lol yeap complain get a freet shirt out of them or something

Haha! Well...I regularly travel to Manhester...last time I didn't really like...*groans* I hate you elusive... very much lol

Many people were afraid of being stranded b/c of the coming snow, so what was done was done for safety's sake. I myself was stranded in London for 7hrs. Sorry I side with the employees on this. It was scary yesterday. Maybe they could have been nicer about it, but it seems like they felt their hands were tied. It's good that they gave you another opportunity to see the exhibition. I can only recommend that you try to understand that safety comes first.

In the UK, they make things a bigger deal than it is. I don't think the media help the situation as they panic people. In other countries they just seem to get on with it, and put up with the weather. When I was at the exhibition I found a particual member of staff being rude (not going into it) but I know how you feel.

Anyway I'm gonna move this thread to General Discussion, as its not really about MJ but the exhibition itself.

Back