Michael Jackson Birthday Flash Mob: The City Celebrates In San Francisco

bluesky

Proud Member

Sunday marked what would have been Michael Jackson's 53rd birthday. To celebrate, San Francisco did what it does best: it released the flash mobs.

According to the group's website, Bay Area Flash Mob took over the city on Sunday, performing MJ hits throughout the city in honor of the late performer's birthday. Several dozen people — many of them in costumes — descended upon Dolores Park at about 5:30pm on Sunday and performed a Michael Jackson medley, including "Beat It," "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal."
"I've seen them on the commercials, but I never thought I'd see a legit flash mob," said park-goer Mitchell Wilkey, who witnessed the mob. "It was epic!"
About thirty minutes later, HuffPost Associate Editor Robin Wilkey spotted the mob at the corner of Castro and Market streets performing Jackson's 1987 hit "Bad."
The mob performed at several locations across the city, including the Ferry Building and Union Square.

Check out the moves at Dolores Park in the video below courtesy of Bay Area Flash Mob:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px" width="640" height="390">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GaEZUSx5CuM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

It's very nice to see that people from all around the world still celebrate Michael. Seeing things like that always make me feel better!

Back