Michael Jackson Bed, Pyjamas Sold At Ireland Auction for $12,300

Ankita

Proud Member
A pair of pyjamas and a bed once used by Michael Jackson have fetched $12,300 (£7,700) at an auction in Ireland.

The silk night garments were snapped up for $3,700 (£2,300) by an American entertainment company, while the carved mahogany bed was sold to an undisclosed Irish bidder for $8,600 (£5,400) on Monday (07Nov11).

Both items were used by the Thriller icon when he and his young children stayed at Coolatore House in County Westmeath, Ireland in 2006 while he was recording tracks nearby.

Source: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12389387.shtml

Well, after the news last week that John Lennon's tooth was auctioned I'm not surprised by anything any more. We are living in a crazy world.

Even a tissue Michael sneezed into would sell for quite a lot of money I'm sure! In fact, if I remember correctly it even happened years ago, someone rummaging through his trash bin and selling such stuff for a lot of grands! He's King Michael Jackson after all LOL!

Jeez, is nothing sacred anymore. Remember Princess Diana and the bikini wax strip.

What I wonder is, what kind of sick individual could even consider the idea of buying this. WHY??

I would. i dont know if that makes me a sick individual :( but I would love to have the silk PJ.s that Michael Jackson wore. Something he owned and wore would be very dear to me.

People buying this stuff isn't what bothers me the most. What bothers me the most is that this stuff is even being sold at all. I wish he wasn't treated as some money object. He's a human being. A person with value, not someone to milk cash from greedily. They aren't just putting a price on the clothing and furniture but they're putting a price on the person as well. If they were putting a price on the clothing, they would be selling them in a goodwill store as "a bed and pyjamas" for a few dollars. Not as "Michael Jackson's bed and pyjamas" for a couple thousand. He's not an object and he's absolutely priceless. You can't put a price on a person, he means so much more than that.

I would. i dont know if that makes me a sick individual :( but I would love to have the silk PJ.s that Michael Jackson wore. Something he owned and wore would be very dear to me.
Which is why you would never put those items up in the first place, you would cherish them, right? That's my line of thought. That's not sick at all.

And then there's stuff like John Lennon's toilet that was auctioned off- and that I find so hilarious.

I think it makes a lot of difference if the person who wore those items is still alive and ok with them being sold, and if he's dead, and they are sold because someone wants to make the most of it. Right now, the only image that comes to my mind is that of vultures ripping a fallen body apart.
The Panini cards made me feel the same.
How would Michael feel?

Ankita;3533818 said:
A pair of pyjamas and a bed once used by Michael Jackson have fetched $12,300 (£7,700) at an auction in Ireland.

The silk night garments were snapped up for $3,700 (£2,300) by an American entertainment company, while the carved mahogany bed was sold to an undisclosed Irish bidder for $8,600 (£5,400) on Monday (07Nov11).

Both items were used by the Thriller icon when he and his young children stayed at Coolatore House in County Westmeath, Ireland in 2006 while he was recording tracks nearby.

Source: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12389387.shtml

:puke:

love is magical;3534392 said:
^^you want to know what's crazier? Justin Biebet's hair sold more than Lennon's tooth.

:bugeyed:puke:

INTERESTING FACT : Michael Jackson was a great collector and buyer of dead peoples memorablia

And another interesting fact: Michael is not here :( and that changes everything. Fact!!! -_- I doubt Michael would buy a bed where a person died or any other kind of bizarre thing. :doh:
I agree Ashtanga. I didnt mean to upset you with that statement :(
MJ would probably not buy such items but people are attacking auctions of his memorabilai in general as if its a bad thing.
Im just trying to say MJ himself has a HUGE collections of other peoples items even those who were decesed that he himself
bought at auctions. I want fans to keep the auctions in perspective - yes some things sold are creepy and not right but not all
memorabiia of Michael is wrong to buy or sell in my opinion.

I agree Ashtanga. I didnt mean to upset you with that statement :(
MJ would probably not buy such items but people are attacking auctions of his memorabilai in general as if its a bad thing.
Im just trying to say MJ himself has a HUGE collections of other peoples items even those who were decesed that he himself
bought at auctions. I want fans to keep the auctions in perspective - yes some things sold are creepy and not right but not all
memorabiia of Michael is wrong to buy or sell in my opinion.

:(

I know. :hug: I know that Michael bought things from other artists, but we know that things were considered normal that any other person who has idols buy it. It was not something bizarre like this: a bed where a person died. This is disrespectful and as always, in the case of Michael, passed the boundary line, unfortunately. :(

See, I do remember plenty of beds in museums and particularly castles all across Europe where you could literally feel the circle of life. People born in these rooms and people died in these rooms. (and beds)
I remember one castle in particular that had a bed in which a Prussian King had died. It was a very dignified room, with a star let into the wooden floors and people acting very much accordingly. I am just mentioning that since Michael is definitely not the first man whose bed attracted that kind of attention.

Do I think it's wrong that a certain auction keeps gaining notoriety- since Michael already has issues with Julien's when he was alive? Yes, absolutely.

I do think it is very much not novel for private quarters (and furniture) to be accessible like that. But I do have a problem with Julien's for example- and stories like his wig being sold. That to me was awful, particularly since virtually no time had passed at all.

Aside from that I am with QBee that I would cherish any silk PJs- which is why I would never ever in a million years put such item up for auction. People also stole from Michael all the time- and knowing that is very sad.

See, I do remember plenty of beds in museums and particularly castles all across Europe where you could literally feel the circle of life. People born in these rooms and people died in these rooms. (and beds)
I remember one castle in particular that had a bed in which a Prussian King had died. It was a very dignified room, with a star let into the wooden floors and people acting very much accordingly.

And that's different from you place an item bizarre like this in an auction and no matter who the person is. For me it just comes down to making money, nothing more.

Gee i wonder why he left his pajamas in Ireland. He probably forgot it there and someone took it to sell it later. I guess now hotels are looking around to see if Michael left anything behind now.

Gee i wonder why he left his pajamas in Ireland. He probably forgot it there and someone took it to sell it later. I guess now hotels are looking around to see if Michael left anything behind now.

They may have been left in the laundry, they may have been a gift (They may have been 'owned'....who knows if they were 'worn'!). I agree this is very sad to sell these items. It would have been nicer if Coollatore house could just have held on to these things.... after all, he stayed there quite some time and I thought had become friends with the owners. Or they could have given them away for a Charitable auction in aid of children.

As regards the bed, it is not the same as the bed where he died, and if the owners did not want to keep it, it is perhaps better that it goes to someone who will value it, if that is what they want to spend their money on. As long as it is not used in any disrespectful way, I am with qbee on this, I'm afraid.

I do however agree with Pace above, as regards some of the things Julien's seem to be willing to sell...I think the potential sale of the North Carolwood Drive bed went far beyond the bounds of respct and decency, and I agree that the most personal items should never be considered for sale.

Last edited:
What I wonder is, what kind of sick individual could even consider the idea of buying this. WHY??
Really, you have to ask that? FANS, dear, that's who. They aren't pimping this stuff to people that hated Michael. Some of the people on here feigning disgust and horror would snap that stuff up if the price is right, just to have a "piece of Mike".

My "piece of Mike" that I cherish and already own is his MUSIC (on vinyl, cassette tapes, CDs and mp3s). That's enough for me.

Last edited:
Really, you have to ask that? FANS, dear, that's who. They aren't pimping this stuff to people that hated Michael. Some of the people on here feigning disgust and horror would snap that stuff up if the price is right, just to have a "piece of Mike".

My "piece of Mike" that I cherish and already own is his MUSIC (on vinyl, cassette tapes, CDs and mp3s). That's enough for me.

From what I saw on TV, a lot of grinning people who went to the memorial were not what I call fans. I agree we are the main target each time, but we are not the only ones. There are people out there ready to get a piece of any celebrity, just for the sake of it, and showing off. That being said, I keep thinking many times, fans do at least as much damage as haters, because they dont think about the consequences of their actions, and they dont see how they partake in a game they denounce.

Michael spent the longer part of his life pointing at things he wanted us to see and change. He wanted to be loved, but not to be the focus of attention. He wanted to be treated like anyone else. And that kind of auction is quite the opposite. It turns him into a thing.

Thank you for the bold part. It's Michael's gift to us. Not his clothes, his furniture or pieces of his body.

Back