Michael Jackson becomes Voice of Dissent in Iran

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Here are the clips:
It amazes me how they managed to fit the lyrics so perfectly!

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/news/will-the-king-of-pop-become-th/

In the days following Michael Jackson's passing, the King of Pop's music has turned into the soundtrack for daily life. From tributes on local radio stations like KJLH 102.3 FM and in virtually every club across Los Angeles to sound files transmitted from Blip.fm to Twitter to Facebook, both the big hits and long-forgotten jams have seeped back into the public consciousness. While this has made for booming business for record sellers across the globe, it's hard not to wonder if Jackson's work could serve some greater purpose.
Enter a group of seemingly unconnected YouTube users who have taken the premise of the fan video-- combining a song and imagery to pay tribute to a band, film or TV series-- and turned it into a show of solidarity with Iranian protesters. Since last week, new Michael Jackson/Iran Demonstration mash-ups have been popping up on the popular video sharing site daily, begging the question, will the King of Pop become the Voice of Dissent?
Below is a small sampling of what we've found in recent days. Please be forewarned, all of the videos herein contain footage that might be considered too graphic for some viewers.

Im iranian as well. This week has been incredibly hard on me and other iranian michael jackson fans. We need a lot of support right now.

wow. Thanks for posting.

BTW, is anyone aware of whether or not Iranians protestors held signs/wore shirts in rememberance of Mike. I remember on that day he was taken to the hospital a guy was there who was originally from Iran and he said something about this...

I know in London that some wore surgical masks/gloves/Aviators and hats but not a lot of them on the day i was there. Iran is a massive fan of Michael! And being the artist to writes the most humanitarian songs (ever i think) it is so fitting to use his songs as the soundtrack to the sadness and bravery thats happening in Iran as we speak. Iranians are looking in the mirror and making a change.

It's not surprising, many of Michael's message are sure to resonate with the Iranian people at this time, with all they are going through.

I know we are all mourning Jackson, but please take your time to support Iran as well be it through fan videos with MJ songs and Iran images or joining Facebook groups and fan pages.

Back