Michael jackson back at #1 in us this week!

smooth_criminal05

Proud Member
I thought this deserved a thread of its own because its very big news. According to HitsDailyDouble, Michael Jackson will be #1 in album sales again this week in the United States. Apparently this weekend, Wal-Mart shifted huge numbers of his "Number Ones" album (close to 225,000 copies to be exact) which will surge Jackson back to #1 for the 2nd week in a row.

Hits Daily Double estimates that once final sales are released Wednesday morning the album 'Number Ones' will have shifted north of 250,000 copies. This is more than double last weeks sales for the album. Expect this week to be another Jackson dominated theme. Keep checking Hits Daily Double today and tomorrow for chart results!

----------------------------

"DON’T STOP ’TIL YOU GET ENOUGH: Forget our sales projections from Friday morning. Michael Jackson’s Number Ones moved nearly 225k at Wal-Mart, easily making it the best-selling album this week. We’re told that about half of the end caps were taken up by M.J. product and that, in some locations, Jackson CDs were merchandised in at least a half-dozen other areas throughout the store. The selling price was $9 even. When sales from other retailers are added in, Number Ones will easily top the quarter-million mark in sales this week. Whoa. (7/6a)"

that is the only album walmart will sell. I have that album but nothing else.

Wonderfull news this may show some how significant Michael was.

But if you look at the Billboard 200, it won't show it, right? Because they are older albums, right?

But if you look at the Billboard 200, it won't show it, right? Because they are older albums, right?

I think Billboard should really change their rules, at least this one time. Michael has 9 of the 10 top albums on billboard and he's outsold all the new releases (which is the first time a catalog album has outsold a contemporary one). I think their rules are unfair. Can't we complain to billboard about this?

I'm happy that Micheal's albums are back to being top on the billboards list,he deserves it. But it saddens and breaks my heart even more that he had to die to be number one again. Americans ask yourselves a question, he was one of us.

Where can I see this kind of a chart? I mean "sales chart"...

aw that is awesome.

Here in the UK he is also #1 but with The essential Michael Jackson i think
but Number ones was the #1 album in the UK last week.

I'm pleased his sales are rocketing.
People are finally realising how amazing his music is.

I have been buying up various CD's and DVD's from Amazon just in case I lose my digital stuff. I need to do a better job of backing up my stuff on the computer.

Where can I see this kind of a chart? I mean "sales chart"...

Hitsdailydouble.com

CHART DATE: 07/06/2009 LAST UPDATE: 07/06/2009 14:18:32 NOW IN: 37.17%LWTWartist / albumlabelpower index 3 1MICHAEL JACKSONEPIC148,030 NUMBER ONES -- 2NOW 31SONY MUSIC112,083 VARIOUS ARTISTS -- 3BRAD PAISLEYARISTA NASHVILLE58,066 AMERICAN SATURDAY NIGHT 2 4MICHAEL JACKSONEPIC48,583 ESSENTIAL 1 5MICHAEL JACKSONEPIC46,652 THRILLER

Last edited:
why doesn't it show on billboard? And what about the singles, do the same stupid rules apply there as well..?

When all is said and done, Number Ones will have sold between 300,000-310,000 copies making it by far the best selling album in the US for that week. Essential MJ will come in between 100,000-110,000 and Thriller should be between 90,000-100,000. This means Jackson SHOULD have 3 out of the 5 best selling albums in the US again!

Total album sales will be up from last week

why doesn't it show on billboard? And what about the singles, do the same stupid rules apply there as well..?

Because of that stupid rule, on Billboard it can't be on the main chart, it'll instead be on the catalogue chart and i'm not sure about how it is with singles. But i'm sure MJ will again kick ass on Billboard's Hot Digital sales chart. Last week he broke records.

Back