Michael Jackson and Rick Dees

CaptainEoLove85

Proud Member
I was just thinking of something. I used to listen to Rick Dees in the morning on the radio a lot when I was younger. I remember he used to imitate Michael and do prank calls (all in innocent fun though). But I had no idea he was friends with Michael. I came across this video where Rick Dees talks about Michael after he passed away. He had some really nice things to say and funny stories. I always liked Rick Dees. Here's the video

Wait! What did he do with his crotch that no one knows about?? LOL That cracked me up.

rick dees that brings back memories. used to listen to him

I remember Rick had a song called "Get Naked" or something like that around 1985 and Rockwell was in the video.

yeah..those were the days..when i actually listened to the radio, because i knew MJ was going to be on with a new song..and i don't think it was any coincidence that the dj's seemed to be better, and radio seemed to have fun. things are different now. and not for the better.

Also - radio had real DJs that would put records on - not like now. The radio "DJ" has essentially become a "radio announcer" and the music they play is all fed into a computer and the computer plays the songs.

That's the reason why you hear the SAME SONGS played around the same time of day. If it's a hit song, they'll play it 2 times an hour.

It's the same 20-40 songs OVER and OVER again.

Even the catalog songs (older music) are the SAME ones - OVER and OVER again.

yeah..those were the days..when i actually listened to the radio, because i knew MJ was going to be on with a new song..and i don't think it was any coincidence that the dj's seemed to be better, and radio seemed to have fun. things are different now. and not for the better.

Awww man, Rick Dees! I stopped listening to the radio ages ago. This brings back some memories, for sure, though. =P

Also - radio had real DJs that would put records on - not like now. The radio "DJ" has essentially become a "radio announcer" and the music they play is all fed into a computer and the computer plays the songs.

That's the reason why you hear the SAME SONGS played around the same time of day. If it's a hit song, they'll play it 2 times an hour.

So true. The reason why I gave up listening to radio years ago.

And the same reason why I would never listen to the radio. I wish they had variety.

Back