Michael Jackson and Others Top List of Celebrity Record Breakers in the Guinness World Records

MJStorm

Proud Member
Lady Gaga, Lindsey Lohan, Tiger Woods, Jay-Z, Michael Jackson and Others Top List of Celebrity Record Breakers in the Guinness World Records® 2011 Edition
Latest Guinness World Records Book Reveals Hollywood's Highest Earners And Most Notorious In Chronicle of Amazing Records Held By The World's Biggest Celebrities

PR Newswire

NEW YORK, Sept. 16

NEW YORK, Sept. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Who is the world's highest earning celebrity? Which power couple dominates the entertainment world? What pop star commands the most searches on the Internet? The new Guinness World Records 2011 edition out now reveals all this and more in its celebrity-filled pages.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100916/NY66051 )

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100916/NY66051 )

As one of the most talked about pop stars in recent memory, it should come as no surprise that Lady Gaga earned two records for the new book – "Most Searched-For Female" on Google and "Most Weeks On UK Chart In Any Year" with an astounding 154 weeks. Gaga shares her place in the new book alongside two of music's superstars – Jay-Z and Beyonce. Named the year's biggest "Power Couple", Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter and Beyonce Knowles earned an astounding $122 million through June 2009.

Two celebrities this year making headlines for their high profile personal lives also made the book. Lindsey Lohan, takes the dubious honor as "Most Infamous Female Celebrity" thanks to her run-ins with the law and the unfortunate performances of her latest movies and Tiger Woods, who ruled the tabloids for his extramarital affairs, didn't see an impact on his earnings yet as he assumes his place as the "Most Powerful Sports Star". The golf phenom raked in an impressive $103 million and topped the 2010 BusinessWeek Sports Power 100 list.

Miley Cyrus, a celebrity who has toed the line between controversy and a thriving career success, also enters into the book as the "Most Charted Teenager". The singer/actor, scored her 29th US Hot 100 chart entry on November 7, 2009 with "Party in the USA".

"Where else would Sarah Palin be beaten by Lady Gaga than in the Guinness World Records book! Gaga – who takes over from Palin as the most searched for female on the internet – is just one of the new big names to make it into the Guinness World Records book this year. She joins a stellar cast including Lindsay Lohan, A-Rod, Jay-Z and Beyonce, Brangelina, the Khardashians, and so on, in our most celeb-packed edition yet. These recession-proof stars guarantee to bring a bit of glamour to our book. Their artistic endeavors – and their influence over the public are indisputable," said Craig Glenday, Editor-In-Chief, Guinness World Records.

Although Twilight fans may take sides on Team Jacob or Team Edward one thing they can agree upon is that their favorite movie has made into the Guinness World Records book. In November 2009, the Twilight sequel New Moon eclipsed The Dark Knight to achieve the "Highest Opening Day Gross" of $72.7 million.

In tribute to the "King of Pop", the new Guinness World Records book features a special page devoted to Michael Jackson. The untimely death of MJ made the entertainer the "Most Searched-For Male" on the web and earned him several posthumous records reinforcing his spot at the top of the entertainment world. MJ, a fan of the Guinness World Records book, is a multiple record holder receiving eight over his lifetime for his chart achievements, album sales, earnings and charity donations.

This world renowned and celebrated annual, Guinness World Records 2011, contains the most comprehensive collection of the greatest and most amazing accomplishments from this past decade and beyond. A "must-have" for both knowledge-seekers and aspiring record-breakers of all ages, Guinness World Records 2011 is available September 15th for the suggested retail price of $28.95. For more information about Guinness World Records 2011, to find out how you can participate in Guinness World Records Day 2009 or to vote for your favorite records, visit our website at: www.guinnessworldrecords.com

About Guinness World Records

Guinness World Records is the universally recognized authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual Guinness World Records book is published in more than 100 countries and 25 languages and is one of the highest-selling books under copyright of all time with more than 3 million copies sold annually across the globe. Guinness World Records celebrated its 50th anniversary edition in 2004, a year after the sale of its 100 millionth copy. Guinness World Records also annually publishes the Gamer's Edition; a records book devoted solely to the world of computer gaming and high score record achievements. The Guinness World Records website (www.guinnessworldrecords.com) receives more than 11 million visitors a year. Guinness World Records is part of the Jim Pattison Group, one of Canada's largest privately owned companies which is a conglomerate of interests, including advertising, broadcasting, grocery stores and automotive retailing.

SOURCE Guinness World Records

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/114775

^ I reported that Guinnness was doing a tribute to him last year in September. I spoke to the team that was preparing the artwork for the page. If anyone can pick up the book and scan in MJ's page that would be awesome!

Aww I was just in a book store yesterday and I saw the new Guinness book on display. Wish I'd known about the special MJ page, I would have looked at it.

Aww I was just in a book store yesterday and I saw the new Guinness book on display. Wish I'd known about the special MJ page, I would have looked at it.

Me too. I will definitely go to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and pick this book up to add to my collection.

Have you all seen this video from the Guinness site of Michael visiting the Guinness World Records office?
;;Suzy that video was so sweet and it made me sad to see him alive and talking. Thanks

Yea I just read on facebook, MJ was the most looked up man after june 25 09, on the internet. I don't know if thats a good thing or bad.

Well damn straight he broke this record. He also almost broke the internet.
I'm not surprised. Congratulations Michael. :heart: But to be completely honest, I don't care who was the most searched on Google, who has the most fans on facebook, etc. Michael has broken more important records than that. Google, facebook, and the like will be totally irrelevent in the coming future (whenever this may be) but Michael's album sales, charity, and his other achievements will be there forever.

Michael almost crashed the internet on June 25th! It was crazy.

It's only fitting he's the most searched for male. He's always breaking records, even in the afterlife and I bet he'll continue to break them as the years go on.

Luv u Mike

Have you all seen this video from the Guinness site of Michael visiting the Guinness World Records office?

I'm just so proud of him! You can tell how much that award meant to him...he wanted it since he was a little boy...:wub:

Michael almost crashed the internet on June 25th! It was crazy.

It's only fitting he's the most searched for male. He's always breaking records, even in the afterlife and I bet he'll continue to break them as the years go on.

Luv u Mike

It's only one of the records that he managed to break and this one symbolically shows the magnitude of Michael Jackson. Besides, surely this one never ever can be broken, right? I mean what breaks "almost crashed the internet"? "Really crashed the internet"?

I miss this man so much, to think that little over a year ago my whole world was revolving around this man, though I was living thousands of miles away from him, seeing him alive, talking, walking, in action its so overwhelming for me as I've pretty much avoided seeing him give interviews make appearances throughout the past year (exception TII). I love this guy so much I just wish he were still here to walk around, talk, smile go shopping, wear his masks, hats pjs, whatever he wants to wear, I wish things would finally go back to normal to how they used to be; pre his death. This world is not fair, not at all. :(

There's a full length gorgeous photo of Michael holding one of his large framed certificates for the Guinness World Records on the right side of the page.
It reads....Michael Jackson, 1958 - 2009
Before his untimely death on June 25, 2009 at the age of 50, Michael Joseph Jackson (USA) was probably the most famous living human being on the planet. A multiple Guinness World Record holder - he received eight in his lifetime for his chart achievements, album sales, earnings and charity donations - Michael's contribution to the arts was immeasurable. And remarkably, the record breaking continued after his passing.
In the year of his death, a record 11.3 million tracks by the artist were downloaded in the USA, and 2.8 million albums were sold in the UK. From his death to the end of November 2009, he sold 7 million albums, 10.2 million downloaded tracks and 1.3 million DVD's in the USA. The first morning after his death saw over 1 million Youtube plays of "Beat It", and in the first week 2.6 million Michael Jackson downloads were sold in the USA.
HIT! US sales of Michael Jackson's Thriller album are estimated at over 55 million; global figures are impossible to confirm but would push this to well over 100 million.

On the left of the page at the bottom is a photo of the This Is It poster.
It reads...Highest Grossing Concert Movie
The release of Michael Jackson's rehearsals for the This Is It tour on October 28, 2009 grossed $250 million. It opened simultaneously in 250,000 movie theaters around the world and took $200 million in its first two weeks.

On the right bottom of the page are his other Guinness World Record certificates standing up against each other. You can only read three of them....

It reads...
The most successful entertainer of all time is Michael Jackson (USA) , who in 1989 alone earned $125 million from single and album sales.

The first entertainer to have officially ratified sales of more than 100 million albums outside the USA is Michael Jackson (USA).

The biggest-selling album of all time, with sales of over 104 million, is Michael Jackson's Thriller (1982). It remained in the Billboard 200 Top 10 for 80 consecutive weeks.

Aww darn my brain! I forgot to check the bookstore for this. I'm near that bookstore every single day, lol. I will enter an alarm reminder in my cell phone so I don't forget tomorrow.

I miss this man so much, to think that little over a year ago my whole world was revolving around this man, though I was living thousands of miles away from him, seeing him alive, talking, walking, in action its so overwhelming for me as I've pretty much avoided seeing him give interviews make appearances throughout the past year (exception TII). I love this guy so much I just wish he were still here to walk around, talk, smile go shopping, wear his masks, hats pjs, whatever he wants to wear, I wish things would finally go back to normal to how they used to be; pre his death. This world is not fair, not at all. :(

Yes, it's still painful and unbelievable to think he is not here anymore (physically anyway). Such a strong presence and personality.

There's a full length gorgeous photo of Michael holding one of his large framed certificates for the Guinness World Records on the right side of the page.
It reads....Michael Jackson, 1958 - 2009
Before his untimely death on June 25, 2009 at the age of 50, Michael Joseph Jackson (USA) was probably the most famous living human being on the planet. A multiple Guinness World Record holder - he received eight in his lifetime for his chart achievements, album sales, earnings and charity donations - Michael's contribution to the arts was immeasurable. And remarkably, the record breaking continued after his passing.
In the year of his death, a record 11.3 million tracks by the artist were downloaded in the USA, and 2.8 million albums were sold in the UK. From his death to the end of November 2009, he sold 7 million albums, 10.2 million downloaded tracks and 1.3 million DVD's in the USA. The first morning after his death saw over 1 million Youtube plays of "Beat It", and in the first week 2.6 million Michael Jackson downloads were sold in the USA.
HIT! US sales of Michael Jackson's Thriller album are estimated at over 55 million; global figures are impossible to confirm but would push this to well over 100 million.

On the left of the page at the bottom is a photo of the This Is It poster.
It reads...Highest Grossing Concert Movie
The release of Michael Jackson's rehearsals for the This Is It tour on October 28, 2009 grossed $250 million. It opened simultaneously in 250,000 movie theaters around the world and took $200 million in its first two weeks.

On the right bottom of the page are his other Guinness World Record certificates standing up against each other. You can only read three of them....

It reads...
The most successful entertainer of all time is Michael Jackson (USA) , who in 1989 alone earned $125 million from single and album sales.

The first entertainer to have officially ratified sales of more than 100 million albums outside the USA is Michael Jackson (USA).

The biggest-selling album of all time, with sales of over 104 million, is Michael Jackson's Thriller (1982). It remained in the Billboard 200 Top 10 for 80 consecutive weeks.

Okay, I finally remembered to look at the book today and it's a nice page. But I didn't buy it because this bookstore charges too much and it's way cheaper online.

i wish guinness would honor his accomplishments and achievements rather than this type of stuffs. but i hope that he was named the most researched male because people started to learned the truth.

ps - i might have contributed a lot to that record cause i googled Michael a lot! :)

Michael needs a complete edition all to himself!

Agree.........

I really wish they do a "Michael Jackson Special" book of the Guinness World Records.........

......I never buy the World Record Record books.........it's too big and there's not enough space at home to keep updating it every year!!!!!

And anyway.......an MJ World Record's book will probably sell well......even to casual fans!!!!!!

Back