michael jackson and lenny kravitz

mikey82james

Proud Member
michael jackson has recorded two songs with lenny kravitz not much is known about the songs but the titles were

another day
crush

were these songs duest or just leeny on guitar and or background vocals

i wonder if we will ever hear these songs
lenny said once that they would be released but othing so far

I have heard about these songs too. Wish they would be released. I lenny, I think he is a very talented artist. Those songs have to be the bomb!

You know, when I hear all theses stories about unreleased songs, I think to myself, sooner or later, these songs will be released. Whether Michael is dead or alive....they will be released.

Everything that Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix, etc recorded has been released...at least most of it.

Unreleased songs would have no value if the person who owns them never releases them. I am willing to betcha that sooner or later, WMCIG and that song that Keisha Cole and all of em did with Michael and the Prince over there will eventually be released. One of these good ole days, we will hear not only these songs, but all of the songs that are in the volts of Michael Jackson. I believe that Michael has enough music stashed somewheres to last for at least 3 generations after he dies. We will be hearing this man's music for years and years to come.

My guess is that Michael will save his volt of music as an inheritance for his children. He will let them make the money off of those songs.

to allthelovelyflowers i think your exactly right i cant wait to hear these unreleased songs either
maybe in the near future or in the far future i cant wait patiently lol

i hope they stay unreleased. Lenny is a Cool cat but so overrated and tired. dude ain't gonna give MJ anything but a corny take on Beat it at best.

I'm not certain whether or not "Crush" is even legitimate, although it has long been rumored. Kravitz has only ever spoken of a single duet between him and Michael ("Another Day"), which was recorded but never released.

"We may put it out; we'll see what happens. Michael likes to keep stuff quiet. It was great, though. I wrote and produced the song, and we're just holding on to it to see what we should do... Maybe when my album and his album run their course, we'll finally do something with it." - Kravtiz 2001

You know, when I hear all theses stories about unreleased songs, I think to myself, sooner or later, these songs will be released. Whether Michael is dead or alive....they will be released.
I don't know about that. I read once that Stevie Wonder has it that upon his death that any unreleased songs and demos are to be destroyed. Prince unreleased stuff is in his vault. Most of them he's never turned them in to the record company

Last edited:
i hope they stay unreleased. Lenny is a Cool cat but so overrated and tired. dude ain't gonna give MJ anything but a corny take on Beat it at best.

Nah, Lenny is such an innovator. I don't think he should be understimated. But he is kind of "tired" now because he hasn't been doing anything or making any hits/songs for a loooooooooong time. Maybe he's been making songs but they've not been getting noticed because they suck. He can do better though, I know it. He probably feels so much pressure from his label or whatever to just put out some crap really fast to make them their money.

Last edited:
Unreleased songs would have no value if the person who owns them never releases them. I am willing to betcha that sooner or later, WMCIG and that song that Keisha Cole and all of em did with Michael and the Prince over there will eventually be released.

WMCIG was officially released online and you obtained the song by making a donation. I don't think it was ever released as a physical single though.

I don't know about that. I read once that Stevie Wonder has it that upon his death that any unreleased songs and demos are to be destroyed. Prince unreleased stuff is in his vault. Most of them he's never turned them in to the record company

nooooo.jpg

He could work with Lenny and this female singer together:
http://www.janita.com/

Kravitz has played on her album. She has kinda personal voice I think. She's been a minor teen star in the past.

Everything that Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix, etc recorded has been released...at least most of it.

Unreleased songs would have no value if the person who owns them never releases them. I am willing to betcha that sooner or later, WMCIG and that song that Keisha Cole and all of em did with Michael and the Prince over there will eventually be released. One of these good ole days, we will hear not only these songs, but all of the songs that are in the volts of Michael Jackson. I believe that Michael has enough music stashed somewheres to last for at least 3 generations after he dies. We will be hearing this man's music for years and years to come.

My guess is that Michael will save his volt of music as an inheritance for his children. He will let them make the money off of those songs.

Im very sure thats the plan MJ has- for his kids to be financially safe long after he is gone. One of the ways to do that is by releasing the un-released material after his retirement or after he is gone.

I just hope that the record companies dont get too greedy and release all the material all at once.... I hope they release 1 CD every 2 or 3 years, so that we have something New from Mike for the next 50 years..(but knowing how the business works, I think we will have all the materaial out in a couple of years)...

I hope MJ has required clause in place in his will for the way he wants to see this released..

The Beatles still have lots of unreleased music like the 25 minute version of Helter Skelter.

Unreleased songs would have no value if the person who owns them never releases them.
In a lot of cases, acts record stuff but don't turn it in to the record company. So the act owns the music. In other cases, acts turn in stuff to the record company, but the company refuses to release it. In this case the record company owns the masters. George Benson had made an album in the early 80s, turned it in, but his company didn't put it out and told him to do another. Prince had a 3 record set called Crystal Ball. Warners said it was too much and refused to release it. So Prince dumped some of the songs, recorded a few new ones and called it Sign O' The Times. But since the songs for the original Crystal Ball album was turned in, Warners owns them.

So they can fight over it like the families of Jackie Wilson, Jimi Hendrix & James Brown, lol.

michael jackson has recorded two songs with lenny kravitz not much is known about the songs but the titles were

another day
crush

were these songs duest or just leeny on guitar and or background vocals

i wonder if we will ever hear these songs
lenny said once that they would be released but othing so far

As far as I know, they only recorded "Another Day" for "Invincible".
I would really love to hear this song. Michael and Lenny are my favorite singers, I'm sure it would be awesome they singing together. :punk:

Last edited:
I have never heard about Lenny and Michael. This is the first time I have ever heard about it. Where have I been? Obviously NOT here on the board LOL.

But that would be awesome. I liked Lenny Kravitz a lot in my younger years. Maybe he has played out his role as a performer, but I think he still can write some cool tunes for other artists.

The Beatles still "releases" songs (..) It's great value. Did you hear about how much money some written song lyrics by John Lennon were sold for sometime last week? Insanely amount of cash!

Im still hoping for that "forgotten" Jimi Hendrix album, though. You never know :punk:

ANOTHER DAY

Song Lenny Kravitz confirmed in an interview in Blender magazine he had been working on with Michael – failed to make the final track listing of Michael’s album, INVINCIBLE.

‘Working with Michael Jackson was probably the best recording experience of my life,’ said Kravitz. ‘He was totally cool, absolutely professional and a beautiful, beautiful guy – and let’s not forget, Michael is a musical genius.’

CRUSH

Song Michael is rumoured to have planned to record as a duet with Lenny Kravitz, with a release date of early 2001 originally talked about
– rumour may have arisen as Kravitz was working on the film Blue Crush around this time.

Last edited:
@Dangerous Incorporated: You could name your source which is the reference book "For The Record" by Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead ;)

i'd love to hear a duet between Mike n' Lenny Kravitz

i think it can be great :yes:

@Dangerous Incorporated: You could name your source which is the reference book "For The Record" by Chris Cadman & Craig Halstead ;)
My bad, wasnt intentional. Im always quoting this book. :lol:

I'd rather take a song with Lenny any day of the week than another R. Kelly song! It would be awesome to get a cool guitar oriented track with Lenny!

you cant go wrong with the 2 of them on the same track. i look forward to hearing them

Back