Michael Jackson and Edward Scissorhands

IFeelGood

Proud Member
I like to think the stories of Michael Jackson and Edward Scissorhands are paralleled. I find solace in the ending of Edward Scissorhands and relating that to MJ. Edward Scissorhands was happy in the end, doing what he loved, away from judgment and people who didn't understand him, apart from one (who I imagine as a metaphor for us - the fans of Michael Jackson). We know MJ is still kicking it in the skies. He knew we understood him. And he will take that with him and will have that forever, just like Edward Scissorhands knew he had the love and understanding of Kim but for some reason had to be taken away. But their connection never waived, it lived on...stronger than ever.

Michael's trying to reach us, feel him.

Don't let this be a tragic story like the tabloids love to regurgitate, see the beauty of Michael's story, just like Edward Scissorhands. See that he is in a happy place right now, like Edward Scissorhands. We would all give anything to have Michael back in the physical space with us, But God said it is time. For all Michael's sadness at times, he still knew there people out there who really understood him, accepted him, loved him. Now he's watching us all, from the comfort of his heavenly creation.

It's helping to know this, at least for me. And it helps also to listen to the theme of Edward Scissorhands (by Danny Elfman) from 2 min 50 sec onwards in the track. Download it, it might help... and watch the movie if you haven't.

When we are done mourning, please don't despair in how it ended, let Michael triumph. When it is time, we will forever dance and sing under his creation of unimaginable beauty, the gift he left for us all, much in the way that Kim found her soul in Edward's endowment.

We love you Michael Jackson.

Interesting. I remember the first time I watched ES I cried so hard, probably the hardest I ever cried because I felt so bad for Edward, but I never made the connection between him and Michael. Michael must have liked ES though because there was a replica of his scissor hands in the auction catalog.

Back