Michael Jackson #1 Most Stylish Celebrity of 80's of top 25 #Swag

souldreamer7

Proud Member
Complex.com Complex Style - The 25Most Stylish Celebrities Of The 80's

Ranking at #1 is none other than The King Of Pop Michael Jackson.
By Frazier Tharpe | Nov 20, 2013 | 10:15 am

Big hair, bright colors, defeaningly loud outfits, and a lot of pastels. The 1980s are perhaps the most notorious style period in recent memory, looked back upon with equal parts awe and ridicule. For all the embarrassing misfires though, a handful of celebrities across all occupations managed to get it right, using the experimentative era to display a strong sense of icon-making style sensibilities and bold new directions in image. Others were just simply fresh, steering clear of the mistakes their peers made. These are the who both did it right during the '80s and did right by the '80s. Read on for The 25 Most Stylish Celebrities of the '80s.

Can we say "Swag?" - Yes, We can. Ranking at #1 is none other than The King Of Pop Michael Jackson.

mj1.jpg

view gallery of MJ 80's

#1. Michael Jackson
Claim to Fame: Off The Wall; Thriller; Bad...

We won't even talk about the music. MJ debuted a new, equally iconic look in the accompanying videos for each of his chart-topping singles. And even if you watched each video a hundred times, photos of the King of Pop in between performances prove he wasn't just grandstanding for the cameras—the swag was always on royal status. This is the real way that you wanted to be like Mike.

Written by Frazier Tharpe (@The_SummerMan)
Source Link: http://www.complex.com/style/2013/11/most-stylish-celebrities-of-80s/

:clap: :clapping: :punk: This is awesome! Michael Jackson still at the top! I can definetly say SWAG when it come to Michael Jackson. lol :)

Last edited:
Re: Complex Style Complex.com Michael Jackson #1 Most Stylish Celebrity of 80's of top 25 #Swag

:clap::clap:"You know it. YOU KNOW IT. Mike's BAD!!!!!" :clap::clap:

Re: Complex Style Complex.com Michael Jackson #1 Most Stylish Celebrity of 80's of top 25 #Swag

Michael is the definition of Swag! There couldn't be anyone else at the top of this list period.

MJ's style truely is ICONIC !!

Even though the Thriller era might be the most famous - The Black Billie Jean jacket, The red Thriller and Beat It jackets - I think the BAD era is the most iconic! - And the best IMO!

I love the BAD era cloth MJ wore! - All the zippers, the belts, the black, dark outfit! - Pure greatness!! - Smooth Criminal!!! - All just amazing!

BUT - I think MJ had iconic outfit in all his eras - ALSO HIStory and Invincible actually!

Yes, I agree, all MJ eras are iconic. I think that they editor of the site thinks this as well & choose the 3 albums OTW; Thriller; & BAD because it was top 25 of the 80's - those albums were all in that decade really off the wall 79' still going strong in turn of decade 80's then Thriller & BAD The whole decade Michael Jackson really made a very strong impression on the whole world also as a solo artist in his own right.
Cheers!

I would say he would be the most stylish celebrity of all time :D

Yes, as I said in my comment me too! :lol: I think it's great that Michael is being recognized and it's almost 2014. Truly a Genuis, Icon, Legend etc.
It makes me very happy that the younger generations are looking up to his high standard

When I was in Italy last year I noticed all the top designers were into the black leather, belts and buckle thing - all the designs in their windows could have been straight out of MJ's 80's wardrobe.
While everyone else was wearing stomach churning spandex in the 80's, Mike was setting the fashions for decades to come. A true genius in every sense of the word.

He is the king of SWAG & has always been the most stylish and original performer!

Back