Michael J. Fox Never Giving Up Hope

Victory2004

Proud Member
COVER SNEAK PEEK: Michael J. Fox Never Giving Up Hope

Originally posted Friday November 28, 2008 10:45 PM EST
12_08_08_.jpg
tiiQuigoWriteAd(757767, 1348086, 240, 190, -1);

Ten years after shocking the world with the announcement that he has Parkinson's, Michael J. Fox is aggressively fighting the disease – and says he still sees a bright future ahead.

"Based on how I feel now," the star tells PEOPLE in its new issue, "I'll be okay for at least 10 more years."

Since leaving Spin City in 2000 – two years after revealing his Parkinson's diagnosis on the cover of PEOPLE magazine – Fox, 47, has been focused on raising his four kids with wife Tracy Pollan, 48, and helping The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research pour $140 million into fighting the disease.

Fox has found a successful combination of medications to keep his symptoms under control. But, he says, the progression of the disease is unavoidable, and "at some point every day" he enters a state of what doctors call "bradykinesia" – in which his arms hang heavy at his side.

But the actor tells PEOPLE he doesn't want anyone feeling sorry for him. In fact, Fox says, having Parkinson's "is part of an amazing life." And it's not "an otherwise amazing life," he clarifies. "It's part of what makes my life amazing."

For more on Fox and his brave battle, pick up PEOPLE, on newsstands Wednesday. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20243073,00.html

i always liked him. i love his role as alex keaton, and i like his movies too. he is such an inspiration, truly he is. pray he wins his battles, not just on this disease but on legislation as well. he is a champion for many people with this an other diseases needing cures. God bless him and his fight.

I have tremendous respect for Michael J Fox I can only wish him all the best and support the causes he fights for in regards to finding a cure as I believe in them too.

Back to the Future is my favorite movie as well.

It's a shame that he is going through this, but it's great that he continues to stay positive.

I only lately played all 3 Back To The Future films and Teen Wolf for my nephew who is 10yrs. He was really excited and thrilled watching BTTF, I remember going to a cinema before and watching all three BTTF films, some of them 80's film were very special.

I wish Michael J Fox the best in fighting this illness, he's an inspiration to us all.

yess..cant wait to get that issue in the mail.

i love that part in back to the future when hes walking into the Cafe 80's and they are playing Beat It and some robotic 'michael jackson' is taking your order in the tv lol.

i hope hes okay. i miss him in his own sitcoms alot.

Michael J. Fox is right. You shouldn't ever give up hope. Hope is that thing that keeps you strong in the face of adversity. If we don't have hope, we really don't have much to live for...

poor Michael...if there would only be a miracle for people like him

Michael J Fox has always been one of my heroes. I felt so bad for him when I learned that he had Parkinson's, and I hope they find a cure for the disease and make him better. It's so sad what's happening to him.

Such a fighter.
Is impossible not ot be touched by his story, he's so young and battling a degenerative disease that prevents him from doing what he loves, still always so positive and willing to teach other about it.
Great man.

Back