Michael had Tom Sneddon, Charlie Chaplin had J. Edgar Hoover

iluv2drem

Proud Member
Since Michael's FBI files were released I realized people with mega talent and a huge influence on the world have someone or something after them. They usually use something absurd like a sex scandal to tear them down too. J Edgar Hoover didn't like that Charlie Chaplin advocated for love and compassion for the poor and lower class and Tom Sneddon, I don't quite know what was up his ass or how he could have so little of a life that he had to call in the FBI to go after Michael. Martin Luther King Jr.,Paul Newman and other peace activists have FBI files too. I'm beginning to think maybe it's a sign that these celebrities did do some good in the world because corrupt systems that didn't want to changed went after them. Anyone else agree?

Wow.... I love the Chaplin/MJ comparision..... they are 2 of my favs.. the Only two truely global superstars...

Two controversies destroyed the careers of both these superstars:

Chaplin: 1. Realationship with young women 2. Accusations of Mccarthyism or support for Communist form of govt.

Mike: 1. Relationship with young boys 2. Supposedly eccentric life style..

I love the fact that both of these men took a hit on their careers but did not give in to the pressure of public/tabloid opinion coz they truely believed that they were not guilty of any wrong doing.

"I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President. "
Charles Chaplin

Michael said something similar (on Prime Time Interview with Lisa Presely): That he does not care about living in America anymore..

Also, Chaplin choose Switzerland as his New home during his years in exile. Mike said that he wud like to settle down Switzerland. (in the same Interview).

Wow.... I love the Chaplin/MJ comparision..... they are 2 of my favs.. the Only two truely global superstars...

Two controversies destroyed the careers of both these superstars:

Chaplin: 1. Realationship with young women 2. Accusations of Mccarthyism or support for Communist form of govt.

Mike: 1. Relationship with young boys 2. Supposedly eccentric life style..

I love the fact that both of these men took a hit on their careers but did not give in to the pressure of public/tabloid opinion coz they truely believed that they were not guilty of any wrong doing.

Yea, they went after Michael alright, but never ever was Michael destroyed. Mike is always unbreakable. They kick him, hit him, but can never get him because he is innocent and mega talented and he proved it time after time after time.

"I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President. "
Charles Chaplin

Michael said something similar (on Prime Time Interview with Lisa Presely): That he does not care about living in America anymore..

Also, Chaplin choose Switzerland as his New home during his years in exile. Mike said that he wud like to settle down Switzerland. (in the same Interview).
Yet his ass kept crawling back to the States.

Yet his ass kept crawling back to the States.

Chaplin was invited to the states for an Honarary Oscar. He accepted the invitation & visited the states just once that lasted for less than 3days...

i see more of a connection with jack johnson

please tell us more about Chaplin and jack johnson ... i'm sure MJ wanted to take a leaf out of their books.

yeah the boxer. first black heavy weight champion

Last edited:
Nevermind. :unsure:

I wanna know more too about Jack Johnson too. Although I study for a short while about sports I forgot most of it. ^^;

I am watch a doc on youtube and I am learn the connection.

The artists do not do anything because intresse not have to do and not because they
persecuted
They do not think the neighbor as Micahel and Chaplin thought
just see what happens, no artist is proposed to do for free
a tribute to Michael, and was very well deserved

Back