Michael, God and Me

Moghli

Proud Member
Not sure if this will be seen as a strange first post to make but felt compelled to tell this little story of mine, and wondered if any of you had had something similar happen?

Obviously I'm a fan and have been so since I was 8 years old, I have been following, listening, singing and fighting with Michael the whole time. The whole of the last few weeks have been a pretty major shock, as Im so sure it has been for so, so many of you.

But the loss of Michael, to me, was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, with regards to my belief in any higher being/power. My Agnosticism comes from having had a troubled childhood, having lost my Mother at 8yrs, and then estrangement from my Father for something I could not change.

Coming to a point, on Thursday of this week, I had a particularly rough day, at work and at home... I had been thinking about Michael while playing his music in a Spin Class I teach, but at around 6-30pm some kids having a party across the street had put on Thriller and were dancing along, and with such enthusiasm, it was touching! About 10-15mins later I was sat in a restaurant eating with my Partner, a bit miserable, when "I'll be There" came on the sound system. I mentioned to my partner how strange it was that there was so suddenly such a taste for Michaels music.

As I turned to leave the restaurant a little later, I noticed out of the corner of my eye one of the new (AEG) Michael t-shirts on a fellow diner, the exact one I have ordered.

It was only the next day, that I had realised that all these things that so made me think of Michael, happened on what would have been the exact day/time I would have been sat in the 02 watching him.

This has just made me think, as my partner put it, "he was waving to you from up there"...

And I truly believe he was.

:)

Seriously... Michael Jackson made me believe in God even more! Watching him dance... hearing him sing... there, right in front of my eyes... when I saw him on his Bad tour... it was like a religious experience... his talent wasn't man-made or taught behaviour. There was something VERY divine about it.

But that's just my opinion. Of course he worked hard at his craft... but I don't think hard work alone could create a Michael Jackson.

I do not believe in God specified by any religion... and I don't pray usually, because you can't pray if you don't believe. What has always angered me the most were people preaching to me and trying to convince me to believe, while sadly superficial in their own faith to my eyes. I was brought up as a Catholic (being Polish, you know...)

I always felt that the energy that is in the universe does not disappear... and that the energy of life comes from the unspecified source :) So I can't exactly call myself agnostic. I just don't believe in God as he is usually described.

Since Michael died, I prayed for him. I prayed because I believed that he would want a prayer, so I prayed for him, and talked to him in my mind, not for myself, not for what my belief or disbelief would point me to. I was trying to offer the prayer just really FOR him, with respect to his belief. And I never did that before, for anyone else.

I don't find it weird that you post about it here as your 1 post. Michael's spirituality was strong, and he was surely affecting a lot of people by this.

Irony is, my parter is Polish too, Tomek :)

Thanks for your replies :)

Back