Michael Gets Memorial Bench in Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

Spyce

Guests
10632589_708202862581443_6072200701759346583_n.jpg

On their own initiative, A total of 44 fans donated $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) to establish a memorial bench at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn New York. When I say, I believe Michael my son had the most dedicated fans in the world. I really believe that with all my heart. I have been so moved and touched by these fans who, led by Randi Nelson drove 9 hours to see me at the R&B Hall of fame to deliver this very special message:

Best Fans in the world

img_7966.jpg

memorialbench.jpg

img_8074.jpg

With Fans such as you, I can rest assured that the legacy of my son will live on ! I truly appreciate what you do. It can never be said enough, We owe all what we achieved to you. The speech they had planned to present to me was very touching and is included below. Although I never got to hear you read it out loud to me on stage, I can read it now in the comfort of my home.

"GOOD EVENING EVERYONE

JACKSON FAMILY

CONGRATULATIONS MR JACKSON ON YOUR AWARD.

WE ARE FANS FROM NY.

WE JUST WANTED TO SHOW OUR GRATITUDE & APPRECIATION FOR ALL YOU’VE GIVEN & SACRIFICED FOR US. HERE IS A SMALL TOKEN OF OUR APPRECIATION.

ALSO SINCE YOUR SON IS BEING HONORED TONIGHT, WE HAVE A SPECIAL PLAQUE FOR YOU. 44 FANS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD DONATED $10,000 TO ESTABLISH A PERMANENT MEMORIAL BENCH IN MICHAEL’S NAME AT THE WORLD RENOWNED BROOKLYN BOTANICAL GARDENS IN BROOKLYN, NY.

THESE ARE THE NAMES OF ALL THE DONORS & THIS IS A PICTURE OF THE ACTUAL BENCH. AND THE PLAQUE READS “HEAL THE WORLD MICHAEL JACKSON – ARTIST”

FROM ALL THE FANS WHO LOVE & ADMIRE YOUR FAMILY, WE THANK YOU.

BECAUSE WITHOUT YOUR DREAM, WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD PHENOMENAL MUSIC FOR ALL THESE YEARS & FOR YEARS TO COME.

YOUR VISION CREATED AN ENTERTAINMENT DYNASTY THAT WILL LAST FOR ALL TIME."

Source: JWJackson.com

How beautiful...Michael truly does have the best fans ever!

Man, why can't we get a charity effort to do something on this scale? Maybe the bench drew more support because it would end up being more visible?

No other fanclub is more dedicated to their favorite artist like us. Michael is our hero, we love him. We are Moonwalkers. We are his fans.

Man, why can't we get a charity effort to do something on this scale? Maybe the bench drew more support because it would end up being more visible?

That would be a great project to do!

...I love that MJ fans came together & did this! It puts such a mark towards Michael Jackson's legacy in so many ways.

Another place to visit when in NYC! So great of these fans!!! :)

We are Moonwalkers.

Not me. I'm a Michael Jackson fan. :D
The recent artificial trend to call his fans "Moonwalkers" seems to be a desperate attempt to copy Lady Gagas "Little Monsters" thing in order to make it more hip to be a fan. Do we need that?

So let's see how long the badge on this bench is gonna survive undamaged in a public place like this. :)

Last edited:
This is such a beautiful thing to do. I love how some fans find new and significant ways to honor and continue Michael's legacy. This is a job well done!!!

oh. I thought there would be like a painting of some sort on the bench.

Back