Michael during 9/11

Josed

Proud Member
I just wanted to know: what was Michael doing during 9/11?
Did he knew what was happening?
Or did he not knew what was happening?

I just wanted to know,
Thanks for reading and answering,
Josed.

Michael Jackson was performing at Madison Square Gardens in New York at his 30th anniversary concerts-these took part on the 7th and the 10th September. The morning of September 11th, Michael was supposed to go to a meeting in one of the twin towers, luckily he slept through his alarm and didn't go, although there were a number of fans who lost their lives in those buildings. Michael helped fans who were also trapped in the city in the aftermath of that morning by organising ways out of the city for them.

As Michael tells the story I dont think he knew what was happenign any more then the rest of the world. He most likely learned more from The news as the information came out. Actually Michael's assistant/Mgr Frank casico was suppose to go to that meeting at the Twin towers to return some Jewelry MJ borrowed for the show. (He stated that in his book) Michael did speak about what happened on 911 in an interview. (Its posted here somewhere) Also some fans who were in NY at the time stated Michael had his tour bus pick them up and house them for a few days till they could get transportaiton home.

^Thanks Qbee for setting the story straight,haven't read Cascio's book yet

Michael Jackson was performing at Madison Square Gardens in New York at his 30th anniversary concerts-these took part on the 7th and the 10th September. The morning of September 11th, Michael was supposed to go to a meeting in one of the twin towers, luckily he slept through his alarm and didn't go, although there were a number of fans who lost their lives in those buildings. Michael helped fans who were also trapped in the city in the aftermath of that morning by organising ways out of the city for them.
aww...
Don't know what to say...
HORRIBLE!!!!!

My girlfriend was in front of his hotel at the time during the attacks.
All the fans came together and of course worried about Michael.
She has it all on tape.
Very disturbing to read he was actually going to the twins that day.
But if he was there during the attacks and he would be on the 100+ floors, a couple of floors above the impact zone (which only few escaped from) then the evacuation would be fast and on the highest prior level. I think those police helicopers would have landed to save Michael.

My girlfriend was in front of his hotel at the time during the attacks.
All the fans came together and of course worried about Michael.
She has it all on tape.
Very disturbing to read he was actually going to the twins that day.
But if he was there during the attacks and he would be on the 100+ floors, a couple of floors above the impact zone (which only few escaped from) then the evacuation would be fast and on the highest prior level. I think those police helicopers would have landed to save Michael.

Michael wasn't scheduled to go to the WTC, his assistant was.

Here is Michael's speech he did when he performed in United We Stand benefit concert held in tribute to the victims of the 9/11:

Thanks for clearing that up.
I was confused.

There is a lot of different information about this.

Cascio claims it was him who had a meeting (I havent read this book so I cannot confirm it but Cascio supposedly said that Jermaine misinterpreted it because he heard it from someone) and Jermaine in his book says it was supposed to be Michael (I read his book that is why I know)

weird...

Beluga2805;3647049 said:
This is the most detailed and credible account of 9/11 from a MJ fan IMO: http://www.michaeljacksonthelastangel.com/michael-jackson-2000s.html

Hope these help :)

This is Talitha who followed and knew MJ for many years.

<big><big><big>Michael Jackson's world of wonder
</big>
</big></big>
http://www.michaeljacksonthelastangel.com/michael-jackson-2000s.html<big></big>
<big>
In the early 2000s, I felt like I was living in two different worlds, with one foot in the real world and the other in his world, a secret realm of wonder and delight.

I arranged things in such a way that I could leave everything behind at the drop of a hat. I would often get just a day&#8217;s notice of an event Michael was attending and fly to the US from Europe for the weekend &#8211;yes, for the weekend &#8211; to see him.

It wasn&#8217;t always easy of course. There were the practicalities to deal with &#8211; paying for everything, getting the time off, making last-minute arrangements - not to mention the harsh conditions my friends and I sometimes faced.

We&#8217;d wait for hours in the freezing cold (think New York in early March&#8230; brrr!) but that was all part of the adventure. No matter how far we travelled or how long we waited or how much it cost, it was always worth it. ALWAYS. We met him on every trip, often several times, and he went out of his way to make us all feel special and loved.

</big>
<big>Safe and protected</big>
<big></big>
<big>
In September 2001, fans from all over the world travelled to New York City to see Michael perform two back-to-back concerts at Madison Square Gardens. The morning after the second concert, terrorists flew two planes into the Twin Towers and devastated the city, and the world.

Airports closed, flights were rescheduled and many of us were left stranded, far fromhome. Michael left the Palace Hotel, where he&#8217;d been staying, that morning, but sent his security guards back to the city every evening to check up on us and make sure we all had enough money and a safe place to stay.
</big>
<big>About a week after the attacks, the security drove Michael&#8217;s tour bus into the city to collect the remaining fans, which consisted of about a dozen of us from Europe. On Michael&#8217;s orders &#8211; and his dime &#8211; they took us to McDonalds and the movies and then drove us to the hotel in New Jersey where he was staying.

We didn&#8217;t get to see Michael that evening but he kept calling to see how we were and invited us to spend the night on the bus, which had rows of bunk beds, each with its own DVD screen.
</big>
<big></big>
<big>
At a very frightening time and place in history, Michael made us feel safe and protected.
</big><big>I never heard him speak publicly about what he did for us because of course he didn&#8217;t do it for publicity or praise. He did it because he was compelled to do so out of kindness, caring and love.</big>

michael-jackson-fans-tour-bus.gif

At a very frightening time and place in history, Michael made us feel safe and protected. I never heard him speak publicly about what he did for us because of course he didn&#8217;t do it for publicity or praise. He did it because he was compelled to do so out of kindness, caring and love

Awwww :(

He was love :heart:

Back