Michael & Comedians/Comedy??

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I was wondering what comedians / kind of comedy, that Michael found funny??

Chris Rock? Richard Pryor?? Rodney Dangerfield???

Thats the only ones I can think of & Sam Kinison but I doubt that Michael liked the expliotive, raunchy stuff that Sam Kinison did.

What did Michael like, comedy- wise???

I was wondering what comedians / kind of comedy, that Michael found funny??

Chris Rock? Richard Pryor?? Rodney Dangerfield???

Thats the only ones I can think of & Sam Kinison but I doubt that Michael liked the expliotive, raunchy stuff that Sam Kinison did.

What did Michael like, comedy- wise???

He loved Chris Tucker

And Eddie Murphy

Well the other obvious ones, are his favourites Charlie Chaplin and The Three Stooges.

The Three Stooges were an American vaudeville and comedy act of the early to mid–20th century best known for their numerous short subject films. Their hallmark was physical farce and extreme slapstick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Stooges
Sir Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin, KBE (16 April 1889 – 25 December 1977) was an English comic actor and film director of the silent film era, and became one of the best known film stars in the world before the end of the First World War. Chaplin used mime, slapstick and other visual comedy routines, and continued well into the era of the talkies, though his films decreased in frequency from the end of the 1920s.

Chaplin first toured the United States with the Fred Karno troupe from 1910 to 1912. After five months back in England, he returned to the U.S. for a second tour, arriving with the Karno Troupe on 2 October 1912. In the Karno Company was Arthur Stanley Jefferson, who later became known as Stan Laurel. Chaplin and Laurel shared a room in a boarding house. Stan Laurel returned to England but Chaplin remained in the United States. In late 1913, Chaplin's act with the Karno Troupe was seen by Mack Sennett, Mabel Normand, Minta Durfee, and Fatty Arbuckle. Sennett hired him for his studio, the Keystone Film Company as a replacement for Ford Sterling.[10] Chaplin had considerable initial difficulty adjusting to the demands of film acting and his performance suffered for it. After Chaplin's first film appearance, Making a Living was filmed, Sennett felt he had made a costly mistake.[11] Most historians agree it was Normand who persuaded him to give Chaplin another chance.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Chaplin
Slapstick defines both.

Wonder if he liked Mr Bean :lol:

Last edited:
I guess he didn't like something too raunchy, riskey huh? Is what I originally meant to ask

He also liked Benny Hill and visited him in hospital once when he visited the UK on his Dangerous World Tour.

I don't know if he liked Chris Rock, but Chris Rock has not been kind to Michael in some of his comedy specials or his TV show (Everybody Hates Chris). Lots of tasteless Michael jokes from Rock.

I don't know if he liked Chris Rock, but Chris Rock has not been kind to Michael in some of his comedy specials or his TV show (Everybody Hates Chris). Lots of tasteless Michael jokes from Rock.

Chris Rock said that he meant Michael and Janet and they both glared at him and didnt really say much but really what would he expect? Chris has never really said anything positive about Michael. His always been pretty trash talk with Michael. He likes Prince more and has openly said that. HOWEVER, Chris Rock is still a very talented STANDUP comedian. His shows and movies arent that funny.

I have always have known about those comedians that Michael had like. But I often wonder if he had also ever like Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, and Laurel and Hardy. 4 comedians that was just as funny as Charlie Chaplin. I have always L.O.V.E. and prefer the old silent comedians. Over the comedians of today.

^

Chris Rock's jokes about Mike are really tasteless...

But I know Mike loves the Three Stooges, Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy... as most of you already stated.

I think Michael also enjoyed all those old comedic cartoons. LOLS! We know how Mike love his cartoons.

Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy and also really old cartoons :)

Like this one:

[youtube]uKm41_LMPRM[/youtube]

He probably didn't watch a lot of stand-up, but I can see him laughing at jokes about himself. As long as they aren't disrespectful about it. Harvey has said things about his clothes and stuff. Tucker always joked about his soft voice, and Eddie has talked about his masculinity, but they were all friends. Comedy is all about fun, and some guys aren't out there to hurt people. Some are just too much.

Mr Bean is hilarious! I could totally see MJ falling off the floor laughing at him!

He was a fan of 'Vaudeville' he even says so in an interview. He also states he liked Soupy Sales - famous for the pie in the face -who passed away last year as well.

Back