Michael Bush talks about dressing MJ

I can't enjoy it when I know Michael bush is going to auction off Michael's iconic costumes. A piece of history is gonna stay in some personal collector's closet. It's hard to see tons and tons of Michael's personal items went to the auction box, kinda scary. I knew Michael was very very generous but it's too much.

The video was beautifully produced, very high quality. Too bad, all of these items will be autioned off. He should keep them in a museum for exhibition.

That is so awesome - upfront and close look at the costumes and the significance
They are all so beautiful .. Tompkins and Bush were the best match for Michael's creativity.

There are doubles of Many of those costumes that the estate has possession of ..
Michael had more that one piece made of each costumes.

I also hope they will all be placed in a museum one day. Most art collectors do place
their items in museums for display with a loaned by or donated by plaque. So I have
hope that many of Michael costumes will end up in a museum.

It's amazing how MJ had the wherewithal to incorporate his wardrobe not only for the look,
but to compliment and show off his movements as well. I love that.

Last edited:
It's amazing how MJ had the wherewithal to incorporate his wardrobe not only for the look,
but to compliment and show off his movements as well. I love that.

I was thinking the same. Michael was very clever, he paid attention to every little details, and this includes how he made his music, wardrobe, Neverland etc.

Why is he selling all that stuff? Money? Sad.

It's really interesting to see all this. The work that Michael Bush and Dennis T. put into designing all his clothes is amazing. They played such a huge part into Michael's signature look. And his clothes were always so fascinating to me. I really do admire all the work of Michael B. and Dennis so much.

And I'm with qbee on hoping that some pieces end up in a museum some day real soon. It would be a real shame if they were not displayed publically in some way.

I guess if anyone has the chance, they should try to see the display that is touring right now. I know it's suppose to be in L.A. in November before being auctioned. I'm seriously going to try to go because I noticed in that video that the one guy said there isn't a whole lot of stuff left anymore. This may be the last large display of his clothes together like this.

So this collection is in Santiago, Chile at the moment? Does anyone know if it is THIS collection that will be in Ireland soon?

Thanks Bubs, so it is the same collection. Amazing, I can't go on the 3rd of July but I will attempt to get over there before it leaves. Just a little annoyed that I'll miss the seminar with Michael Bush.

Its interesting to see how passionate Michael Bush was when he worked for MJ. Its also sad to see that Dennis Tompkins is not around anymore :(

Love this it really made me re remeber...lol....that michael really was perfection personified......or atleast closest to it

Bug they are really auctioning these things or just for display.....they are to amazing to be auctioned

Does anybody knows if those clothes were worn by Michael or were samples that Bush kept?

I think they are most likely samples/prototypes. I can't see why Michael would return outfits, when they were paid for and belonged to him.

That is so awesome - upfront and close look at the costumes and the significance
They are all so beautiful .. Tompkins and Bush were the best match for Michael's creativity.

There are doubles of Many of those costumes that the estate has possession of ..
Michael had more that one piece made of each costumes.

I also hope they will all be placed in a museum one day. Most art collectors do place
their items in museums for display with a loaned by or donated by plaque. So I have
hope that many of Michael costumes will end up in a museum.
that makes sense since on the history tour his pants tore, obviously there were several of the same outfit. or he would have been in trouble with the show. what i wonder is if he wore both sets of outfits , im assuming he did , drycleaning and all that. so you still get to see the outfits he actually had on.

That documentary was great!!!I loved the thorough description of how the Smooth Criminal
shoes work and the Oscars story!!!I cant wait for the book as well!

Its a pity these treasures will be auctioned, but at least its good that theyre exhibited first.

Its strange how they reffered to the Royal Brunei footage as "HIStory tour" though LOL.

In the film, there is information that the body Dangerous tour, and a gold suit Historu tour created Bush and Tomkins. Earlier I came across the information that their author-Versace. Where did this fiction?

Back