Michael & Broadway

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Michael loved theatre hence, the videos being short films. Did he ever go & see shows? Did he ever talk about or consider anything theatre / broadway?? I assume, he was to direct movies later on his life..?

And plus he was friends with biggest broadway star, Liza Minelli.

When Michael was in London he often went to see West End shows. He saw Billy Elliot and Mary Poppins a few years ago and in March he saw Oliver! with the kids.

Aww i remember the hours i spent outside the theatre while he was watching Mary Poppins. It was my Nana's birthday and I rang her, pretending that I was shopping in London so that she didn't get upset that I was out in the cold to see Michael :lol:

Aww i remember the hours i spent outside the theatre while he was watching Mary Poppins. It was my Nana's birthday and I rang her, pretending that I was shopping in London so that she didn't get upset that I was out in the cold to see Michael :lol:

oh my! did you ever see him leave or go in?? was his bodyguards protecting him??

He was being considered for (offered?) a role in the movie of 'A Chorus Line' but didn't take it for various reasons. He saw 'The Wiz' like 8 times before he did the movie. Also, I know for sure that he came to see "The Lion King" on Broadway with his kids because I was there working when he walked up behind me. Surprise! :wild: Haha.

He was being considered for (offered?) a role in the movie of 'A Chorus Line' but didn't take it for various reasons. He saw 'The Wiz' like 8 times before he did the movie. Also, I know for sure that he came to see "The Lion King" on Broadway with his kids because I was there working when he walked up behind me. Surprise! :wild: Haha.

No way... :shock:

Girl, I am so mad at you right now.....

Grrrr.... so jealous.... :p

My grandmother has a bunch of old Jet magazines and there is one from the early 80s with a picture of him backstage with the cast of Little Shop Of Horrors. The play that is, not the movie, lol.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm jealous/mad at former me too! =P I want that moment back... :cry: I'd give him a big hug, introduce myself, talk with him, anything. Instead,...I just looked at him with this dopey, dazed, shocked look on my face. :no:

He also went to see Phantom of the Opera and even wanted to play him in the movie according to ALW. It's my personal favorite.

Back