Michael Bravado Doll CANCELLED!!

Showman74

Proud Member
I was wondering if anyone had any information on this... apparently the "Motown 25 - First Moonwalk Doll" from bravado has been cancelled, I received a refund of my pre order from the official store, and when I asked them why, they said cause they won't be making the doll and they had no further info as to why! It's kinda strange after what like a year of promo for this doll and months ahead of pre sale, they decide to cancel on the day of the release!! I'm really confused and extremely disapointed cause I was really looking forward to this doll and now I believe that Bravado won't make anymore ("Smooth Criminal" & "Grammy Award" were in creation) and I don't understand why! Also Hot Toys has been very quiet these days... is the MJ Doll series officially ending??

That's too bad. I was looking forward for this as I have the other 3. Maybe it's a copyright issue with Motown? I don't see any other reason unless demand and sales were poor for the Bravado dolls.

The dolls were supposed to be sold in stores and that never happened so I can see sales being poor and the reason for cancellation.

The dolls were supposed to be sold in stores and that never happened so I can see sales being poor and the reason for cancellation.

They were supposed to be limited edition. I think they produced 100,000 of each. I have read about some fans finding them in stores, but maybe they weren't available widely due to being produced in limited quantity?

I've only got the Billie Jean one so far. I was gonna wait for this one to come out and buy it next before the other 2. :(

Maybe, if they weren't so expensive, everyone will buy them, which will make them make more. Agh, only money there are interested and the brand of Michael Jackson.

The reason I mentioned about the stores was because they were supposed to be sold in Target. The four Targets by me never received any. I wish they would have been more accessible and a little cheaper so more people would have had access.

All three of my dolls were $30 something when I got them on Amazon. That's pretty cheap to me?! And I also recently saw the Beat it doll at a FYE store.

I did have the dolls at the store close to where I live..
I bought the billie jean and thriller one there and saw the beat it one later on but haven't bought it yet.

Sad about the Motown one... I was waiting for them to release tyhe 'thriller era' dolls so they could FINALLY do dolls of other era like Bad!

This is sad.. i have been waiting such a long time for the Motown doll..and now they don't release it??
they sold very well, and the price was fair!!
The other ones could you buy in Belgium, but they weren't that cheap as you buy them on the bravado shop or ebay..
I'm dissapointed.. i was allready looking forward to the next dolls.. such a shame..

What's the worst part in this is that we still have to explanation as to why... I've searched everywhere and asked anybody I could think of, and there is no clear answer why the doll was stopped the day of it's release, and why stopped at all... I still didn't get over it cause I really wanted this doll!! I was truly hoping for a whole legacy collection of Michael dolls... I guess the dream is over!

Yes, they are available on ebay, entertainment earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=michael+jackson&eeshop= ) and the official Bravado MJ store (http://michaeljackson.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=21637_40139) .

Y'know what, I'm not sure if the 4th doll has really been cancelled. Just been on Entertainment Earth, and instead of removing the item they have pushed back the release date to January 2012. It was June 2011, previously. So who knows? Maybe they got a confirmation since they were taking pre-orders.

Last edited:
Y'know what, I'm not sure if the 4th doll has really been cancelled. Just been on Entertainment Earth, and instead of removing the item they have pushed back the release date to January 2012. It was June 2011, previously. So who knows? Maybe they got a confirmation since they were taking pre-orders.

OMG!! That's great, maybe they changed there minds and there's a chance we will end up getting the doll!! Thanks for the info Rhilo =)

Back