Michael & books

ellie09

Proud Member
Hiya :)

I know Michael was a big fan of books. I've heard he loved fantasy when he was younger because he escaped from the reality. I know he loved The oldman and the sea, Peter Pan, of course, Rip Van Whinkle, Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I also know about Rabindranath Tagore - in the last months.
Do you know any other books or autors he liked and read?

I really love books! I read one book a week.
I know he loved the Warrior series by Erin Hunter.

I don't know if this topic is interesting. Maybe others will post later or there is still a similar topic too.

I used to love to read so much. And now reading is something I have gone back to doing. It is the only real escape that I have now from what had happen to Michael. Right now I am reading VC Andrews Unfinished Symphony. But my absolute favorite book from VC is Flowers In The Attic. And I often wonder if Michael had ever read that book. It such a good book to read.

I know he loved a book called they cage the animals at night by Jennings Michael Burch. Before MJ passed he was in talks of directing a movie about it

wow, i love reading too^^
and also i've read The old man & The sea,
haha...unbelieve that Michael loved this book too...

I know he loved a book called they cage the animals at night by Jennings Michael Burch. Before MJ passed he was in talks of directing a movie about it

Is that the one about Orphans, I remember reading that Michael was interested in directing a movie.

Michael Jackson’s Book Collection and Passion for Poetry
July 03, 2024
Michael Jackson was said to have a collection of 10,000 books. Among the bookstores he would visit was Dutton’s Bookstore in Los Angeles, California. Owner Dave Dutton says Michael’s favorite part of the store was the poetry section and his son Dirk Dutton mentions that Ralph Waldo Emerson was Michael’s favorite poet remarking that “I think you would find a great deal of the transcendental, all accepting philosophy in his lyrics.”

Back