Michael Bahrain sessions..

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I wonder how many songs he done out there, and how much of the voocls he put down, because these sound like classic Michael.

Totally! That song reminds me abit of the type of production pharrell does

Yes !!! That's exactly what I thought. The first one is so clean, slick and modern. Yet it still keeps that cool Michael sound to it. Really hope he put vocals down for Why Can't You Hear Me, it's MJ all over.

That instrumental is beautiful. Does anyone have any info on Michael's involvement with that?

No. All we know about it is that that was the music that played when you entered the short lived official 2 Seas Records website back in 2005.

The comments on that instrumental piece are talking about "This Land" from The Lion King soundtrack. Are they saying that this is actually that song or similar to it or what? o_O I actually looked the LK song up on Youtube and in that area under the video where they suggest buying it, it has the song title as "This Land (Originally Performed by Michael Jackson)".

Here's that video. You have to watch it on the full site to see what I'm talking about.

The comments on that instrumental piece are talking about "This Land" from The Lion King soundtrack. Are they saying that this is actually that song or similar to it or what? o_O I actually looked the LK song up on Youtube and in that area under the video where they suggest buying it, it has the song title as "This Land (Originally Performed by Michael Jackson)".

Here's that video. You have to watch it on the full site to see what I'm talking about.

Nah it's just a little bit similar :)

Amongst a selection of new and cover versions that were said to have been recorded for a planned album on 2 Sea Records were:

Ferry Cross The Mersey

He Who Makes The Sky Grey

I'm Into Something Good

Light The Way

I Have This Dream (Charity Single)

During court proceedings in London Michael was shown singing ‘Ferry Cross the Mersey,’ ‘I'm Into Something Good and ‘I Have This Dream.’

http://www.authorsonline.co.uk/public-downloads/PDF-Samples/Maestro-sample.pdf

Whenever you google "this land" it says "originally performed by Michael Jackson."

does anyone know any info on this?

Last edited:
I could not find Michael Jackson's name affiliated with the "Lion King" anywhere. It appears only 4 names are the integral part of the song's no matter what album. Tim Rice, Elton John, Hans Zimmer and Lebo!

There are three different Lion King albums starting with the soundtrack, then Rhythm of the Pride Lands, and finally Lion King on Broadway. As you will see, only four names stand as being the key of The Lion King's music, Elton John, Tim Rice, Hans Zimmer and Lebo M. When it all comes down to it,
you will see the only ones who did most of the work are Hans Zimmer and Lebo M.

Lyricist Tim Rice was the first member of the music team to join the project. He recalls, "The studio asked me if I had any suggestions as to who could write the music. They said choose anybody in the world and choose the best. I said, well, Elton John would be fantastic but you probably won't get a hold of him simply because he's very busy and he hasn't done a film score like this in 25 years. They asked him and to my amazement, Elton said yes."

Much of the power and drama of that song and the film's overall musical impact derive from the contribution of the third major player on the music team -- composer/arranger Hans Zimmer. Zimmer had written many brilliant film scores ranging from "Rain Man" to "Thelma and Louise," but it was his
work on an African-themed project called "The Power of One" which really impressed the filmmakers.
He says, "Someone gave the directors of 'The Lion King' a copy of The Power of One Soundtrack- and to this day they haven't seen the movie- and they thought 'This could be different.' I kept saying, 'Why are you offering me this movie? I know nothing about animation,' and they kept going 'Exactly, that's why!'"

His genius for conceptualizing music and experimentation helped to transform Elton's essentially western
pop/rock/gospel tunes into fully realized African-flavored melodies complete with authentic Zulu chanting, extensive choral arrangements and rhythms and instrumentation associated with Africa. To get the African feeling, Hans used everything from native African instruments to pieces of old drain pipe that he tossed together to make great spooky noises. He says, "I used the marimba, which is like a wooden xylophone. I like it because it sounds like clonking bones. I use it in a lot of chase scenes. I also used a little thumb piano called the kalimba. It's made out of a piece of wood with metal spokes on it. You pluck the spokes with your fingers and they make a haunting racket."

Hans says, "When Disney approached me to compose the soundtrack for "The Lion King," I knew exactly who I wanted to work with and just about had to send out search parties into the African bush to find Lebo. He is the movie." African-born singer/arranger Lebo M. helped Zimmer recruit and record singers in Los Angeles and South Africa for a series of extensive vocal sessions. Lebo was performing in South Africa when he received the call from Hans Zimmer, who had been searching throughout Africa for him. "He told me Disney was doing a new feature film titled The Lion King and asked that I join him in Los Angeles immediately," Lebo says. "He apparently searched pretty hard for me in Africa."

http://www.lionking.org/text/review6.txt

I found this article:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/12780-lion-king-michael-jackson-connection.html

The Lion King -Michael Jackson connection...

Ok here goes: When I went to see the movie Beauty & the Beast I remember seeing a teaser (preview) for a new Disney movie called The Lion King, all they showed at this point was the animals all going toward the cliff, and the lion cub being lifted up, music was kind of tribal, drums/percussion, and then coming soon. Nothing unusual there, but I remember that the ad said music by Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson, I thought cool, that's going to be interesting. So I was shocked when the movie did come out and music was by Elton John (love him!) and Tim Rice.

Does anyone else remember that Quincy Jones & Michael Jackson were supposed to do the music?

I assume Jackson was taken off of the project due to the allegations that were thrust upon him at the time.
I guess Disney decided it wouldn't be good to have someone with such allegations, working on a children's film. Anyone remember, or am I crazier than I think? Thanks!

Article is from 2005, pretty old.

Back