MetallicA in Australia [MAGNETIC WORLD TOUR]

mickyj007

Proud Member
Anyone going to see them this October/November? The tickets are selling out fast and it's only in pre-sale at the moment.

I was super lucky with tickets - got 3 in Gold Section front row A. Who else is going?

I would love to see Metallica. Death Magnetic was an underated gem. It irritates me how so many of their fans refuse to appreciate any of their later work. So many metalheads are stuck in a 80s timewarp.

Hope you enjoy the show. Be sure to post us a review on the board.

They are coming to NZ in October as well and i'd go (it'd be friggen mint) but they are only going to the North Island. There's a big FB campaign to get them to come down to Christchurch (with 20,000 members) and they are getting screen time over it but they havn't budged about not coming down. They did announce another Auckland show today tho :angry:
It's because our inside venues are too small for them.

Well Vector arena is the newest / biggest one in the country and it's 12,200 i think. it's the smallest venue they are playing out of all of their tour. Christchurch's one is Westpac Arena is Christchurch's main indoor venue and it's only got 9000 but apparently they'd fit way less after they get their stage and shit in there. And another reason they aren't coming is because it's cheaper for them to have both shows in the same place instead of coming down here for 1 as well.

If they were only playing in Sydney here I'd book flights and make a weekend of it. I think this is probably the last chance I'll get to see them live, and I missed them in 2004 as I was overseas, so I'm not gonna miss this one!

If i was older I'd go up. But, ya know, if i went now i'd have to go with my mum or something LOL like i'd let that happen, not to Metallica...
I would of gone up to AC/DC if i was older as well

I might be going... but 'might' is the operative word...

You guys better believe that is one hell of a show, I saw them here in March, they played for 38,000 people and the atmosphere was unlike anything I've seen.

I saw Metallica on March 3rd 2009 at London's O2 Arena :) I got a front row spot and even managed to catch James Hetfields Guitar Pick :) You Aussies and Kiwi's are gonna have a great show :)

^I hear they play for over 2 hours themselves :)

Correct they played for aroud 2 hours, this was our setlist:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
(they had some issues with sound here, stopped for some 10 minutes and then started over)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Harvester Of Sorrow
Fade To Black
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Sad But True
Cyanide
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters