[Merged] A legal question ( all member plz read)

ghostrecon

Proud Member
A Legal question:

Hi all

All of us are fans of MJ, and we are following all the reports about him,

And as all of you know that most of the uploaders are using megaupload, and the reasons are quiet clear…

But I have noticed something really annoying: which is that megaupload

Is deleting any video that been recorded from any channel.

I mean there is no clear reason why megaupload is deleting these precious

Files, which some of them contain priceless reports about MJ...

I have no question about MJ legitimate material, but my question: is there any legal or a law or a code that OBLIGATE megaupload to delete these files

As in my point of view, I believe that as the channel had broadcasted the reports, and the people are recording the report & uploading without any change to the motto of the channel, SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??

THANX and can any one clarifies why????

A Legal question:

Hi all

And as all of you know that most of the uploaders are using megaupload, and the reasons are quiet clear…

I have no question about MJ legitimate material, but my question: is there any legal or a law or a code that OBLIGATE megaupload to delete these files

As in my point of view, I believe that as the channel had broadcasted the reports, and the people are recording the report & uploading without any change to the motto of the channel, SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??

Re: A legal question ( all member plz read)

well if you look into it, you aint actually allowed to record things off the tv...everyone does tho

A Legal question:

Hi all

Copyright violation...

:angel:Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key

i don't have any idea, really i'm sorry...

Yep, it's copyright violation.

The reason why people are allowed to record stuff from TV for their own private use is because the price of empty DVD's, VHS tapes and the like include an extra charge as these devices can be used for recording copyrighted material. That's how it works in my country anyway, and the situation is somewhat different in many other countries like the UK for example.

Megaupload deletes stuff that gets lots of clickthroughs/downloads (which is why you should always copy/paste a megaupload link yourself). They also track which sites are driving traffic to those links.

Legally, they probably just want to cover their butts. Many companies, including YouTube, will do this.

copyright law is a very tricky thing and not something that can be summed up in a few paragraphs but hopefully it helps.

Back