Memorial - Live broadcast at The O2?

Lisa090982

Proud Member
Hey,

I am sure there was a topic on this somewhere before and I just can't find it.... Did we get anywhere with The O2 on whether they would be doing anything tomorrow for the memorial?

I would like to go down for it if they are.....

I know there is the event next Tuesday - but I remember someone (Andy I think), saying that The O2 may possibly do something tomorrow....

Sorry for the possible duplication in topics - I can't seem to find where it was being talked about before

xx

I'd much prefer to watch it in the company of other MJ fans in some sort of gathering, rather than at home on the sofa..... The memorial shrine at The O2 is so nice and it would be great if we could honour Mike by showing up there tomorrow for his memorial

I keep emailing them but seems nothing happening. Disrespectful of them if you ask me.

im still holding out hope. keep emailing and ringing people, so they know there are poeple interested

I got this from them:

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your email and input regarding tomorrows event at The Staples centre.
We have had nothing confirmed with regards to this taking place tomorrow. I have forwarded your request on to our venue manager for consideration.
I will contact you if we hear anything back this afternoon.

Kind regards

Richard
Customer Services
The O2
Peninsula Square
London, SE10 0DX
www.theo2.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 20 8463 2000

Hi I have had exactly the same email:

"Dear Ms Butler

Thank you for your email and input regarding tomorrows event at The Staples centre.

We have had nothing confirmed with regards to this taking place tomorrow. I have forwarded your request on to our venue manager for consideration.

I will contact you if we hear anything back this afternoon.

Kind regards

Richard
Customer Services"

So frustrating! We really need this. Looks like we are getting a 'standard' email. Seems a bit unresponsive to how we are all feeling right now.

I really think the 02 need to step up and show some respect here, I cant think of a better place in the UK to remember him-the 02 was the last place many UK fans saw him and so I think its would be fitting to say goodbye there too :-(

The O2 was going to be his home for 6 months. The guys working there really need to step up.

Who of you are going to O2 tomorrow? I think of going but I would like to know where most of the fans are gonna be.
Thanks!

I'm not going unless there is some official word in the morning....

Don't want to go down there if they don't end up showing it....

waited for an announcement like that the whole day - cause i also don't like to sit at home. sadly there is no BBC big screen in London.

Back