Melody driven songs

analogue

Proud Member
I've always been a huge fan of songs that are really melody driven. This is something that is lacking in today's mainstream music, which in my opinion is a shame, because for me a strong melody is one of the elements that makes a song great.

Most Eurodance songs from the 90's were very melody driven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH8Mntk4uw4&feature=related

And of anyone else wants to post clips of songs that are heavily melody driven then please go right ahead

I agree, I was just thinking about this some days a go.
Now a days songs are more driven by beats. If something has a good beat to dance too it will be a hit song. For many kids it seems lyrics aren't that important, as long as they can dance to the song it seems they will love the song.

I absolutely love melody driven songs. I like songs that I can dance too but I ussually fall in love with the songs that have great melodies.

That's part of the reason I love Neyo's album "Year of the gentleman" Great melodies there :)
In my opion that album is very underrated.

edit: I wanted too add, since I grew up in the 90's I have a soft spot for 90's eurodance lol so thanks for that video.

When i heard that Michael Jackson wanted his latest album to have killer melodies i was very excited. I just hope that with the unreleased material that is being planed for release will still have those melodies in them. I don't want some ''hip'' new producer'' of today coming in and putting his/her's own spin on Michael's work. Like getting rid of the melodies and just adding mindless beats

Back