Meet the New Ipod Nano

Rebirth

Proud Member
Meet the new Ipod Nano - Nano Chromatic. I'm happy to know that Ipod Nano has returned to its long shape again.

Click to enlarge pictures.

ipodnano.jpg

ipod9.jpg

ipod6.jpg

ipod3.jpg

ipod7.jpg

ipod5.jpg

ipod1-1.jpg

Capacity

• 8GB or 16GB flash drive2
  • Holds up to 2,000 or 4,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format3
  • Holds up to 7,000 or 14,000 iPod-viewable photos4
  • Holds up to 8 hours or 16 hours of video5
  • Stores data via USB flash drive

Accessibility

• Spoken menus allow listeners to hear many of the names of menus, song titles, and artists without viewing the screen.
  • An alternative large font can make menus easier to read.
  • A high-resolution LCD display with adjustable contrast and backlight settings makes it easier to read in low light.
  • Captions in video are displayed when they are present using a legible, high-contrast white-on-black font.

Languages

• Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish
  • Additional language support for display of song, album, and artist information: Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Thai, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese

Battery and power6

• Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
  • Playback time
    • Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged
    • Video playback time: Up to 4 hours when fully charged

Audio

• Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
  • Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
  • User-configurable maximum volume limit

ipodgreen.jpg

8GB1: 2,000 songs / 8 hours of video $149.00

16GB1: 4,000 songs / 16 hours of video $199.00

Last edited:
My Ipod Nano is still doing great as well. Durable even though it fell on concrete floor twice. Hence I'm not planning to purchase a new one until mine is broken, which I don't know when.

I am excited with Ipod Touch and also with the latest Ipod Nano as well. I don't know which one to buy in the future. Although I must admit that I do prefer Ipod Nano.

I have no problem with Itunes but if I'm not mistaken there is a substitute for Itunes somewhere in the Internet. Hold on. Let me check. Yep,it is called Banshee.

http://banshee-project.org/

I've never tried it before though.

I'm happy with my iPod Touch and have no plan of replacing it anytime soon, though I have to admit Nano is probably handier to use, Touch is huge next to it, lol.

I formatted my computer recently and now, if I connect my iPod to iTunes, I have to re-add all the music and everything :( Problem is I'm pretty much an organising freak and spent long, good hours writing the descriptions for each and every song :mello: Just the thought of starting all over makes me dizzy :mello:

Guess I won't be adding any new songs anytime soon :lol:

Last edited:
I think the latest edition of Ipod Nano is the improved version of Ipod Nano 2nd Gen (Mine). 2nd Gen has no video access and with limited games. So the latest is the complete answer to the 2nd Gen.

I am not keen with the 3rd Gen due to its small size.

Speaking of MP3 players, visit this blog called Anything But Ipod lol. You can find great selection of MP3 players with reviews in this blog. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

I formatted my computer recently and now, if I connect my iPod to iITunes, I have to re-add all the music and everything :sad: Problem is I'm pretty much an organising freak and spent long, good hours writing the descriptions for each and every song :mello: Just the thought of starting all over makes me dizzy
Having the same dilemma. My Itunes program is in my laptop and unfortunately I think my laptop has potential to go 'Kaput' anytime now. So I am planning to transfer everything to my desktop. 500+ songs to be transferred, managed, titled etc. The horror. lol

Speaking of Ipod Touch. Darn. The latest edition is really beautiful.

Last edited:
I've got the older model of the ipod nano but I'm very happy with it.
This one looks better then the previous one, looks a lot like mine actually, I like the longer model :yes:.
But i'm not buying a new one unless mine doesn't work anymore:)

No matter how many times I have seen pictures of them. Or see them on tv. I still can't see what is so great about them. I am still very happy with my cassette tape playing walkman. I am the kind of person that still prefers old technology over new technology.

Speaking of Ipod Touch. Darn. The latest edition is really beautiful.
I just brought one today with an iMac and am syncing it right now....beautiful isn't a great enough adjective to describe it...and the new Nano is freaking sexy. I'm definitely getting my mom a purple one soon, but I might just get myself a red one and a white one (my two fav colors)!:yes:

I might have to get one of these, since my iPod mini (yes, I said mini, as in the ones that came out over 4 years ago!) finally has stopped working most of the time, lol. I like the new colors, especially the yellow one.

Finally they got back to the old shape. I didn't like too much the 3rd generation.
I'm too much undecided about the color.:scratch:
Maybe I'll write a letter to Santa Claus for the Ipod Touch 2nd gen. :tease:

OH SHOOT! i just bought the new ipod video!!! any these look so much cooler! EVERY TIME U BUY SOMETHING A NEWER COOLER VERSION COMES OUT!!!!

I bought the new 120GB iPod Classic in black yesterday. The picture resolution for videos is brilliant, which is the main reason i bought it. I was going to by the iPod Touch, but I'm not too impressed with the picture resolution when watching videos. It's unconfortable to hold, and use and seems more like a gimmick than something cool and functional that for use when walking etc.

I have an ipod nano but i have the last yrs one witch is the short one, like he top one on the page but shorter. Im not buyin the new one for the sake of it b/c it has i few different things on them, I am hapy wit mine. My dad got me mine for my b-day last june.

I refuse to even touch an Ipod as long as they force me to use a special program to download music to it. I use Iriver. I can just drag and drop anything to it, just like a USB memory

I like it when guys have an iPod Nano, so I can make fun of them for having a small penis. I mean, for having a small iPod...

Back