Victory2004

Proud Member
Only on People.com

Meet John Mayer's New Gal Pal

By Marisa Laudadio
Originally posted Friday April 24, 2009 09:10 PM EDT

Scheana Marie Photo by: Matthew Simmons / WireImage
scheanea_jancan240.jpg
Following his split with Jennifer Aniston, John Mayer has been spending time with a new woman – cocktail waitress and actress Scheana Marie.

"We're friends," Marie tells PEOPLE. "He's a great guy. He's funny and sweet."

Sources say Marie, 23, and Mayer, 31, met in 2008 at the Beverly Hills cigar club Grand Havana Room, where she currently works as a bartender and cocktail waitress.

Although the pair have not stepped out publicly, "they've spent time together over the past few months," a source tells PEOPLE. "They're enjoying getting to know each other."

Marie is also an aspiring actress – she guest stars as Maria, the pizza delivery girl of the Jonas Brothers' dreams on their upcoming TV show JONAS, which debuts on the Disney Channel on May 2. (Marie's episode airs May 16).

The former model, who has appeared in ads for Pioneer, Doritos, Nissan and Toyota, graduated in 2006 with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism from Azusa Pacific University.

Meanwhile, Mayer has been holed up in his home studio in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley working on his next album, tentatively titled Battle Studies.

Scheana Marie in an episode of JONAS Photo by: Eric McCandless / Disney Channel http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20274845,00.html
sheanea_marie2320.jpg

Lol! Amazing how quickly they try to scope out another girl for Mayer to be supposedly dating. She's cute for him though.

And it seems him and ryan seacrest think alike cus he's been linked to a L.A. Bartender who also happens to be an aspiring actress and her name is Jasmine Waltz.

John's denying it. var entry_id = "9672"; var entry_tags = "denial,girlfriend,John Mayer,kiss,workout"; var preview = "jmayer042509.jpg"; var x17video_id = "small.jmayer042509.mp4";

Honestly, I don't know about this girl. She seems pretty naive when it comes to how the media works. Wanting to tell them everything isn't always a great idea. The fact that she agreed to comment on her and John's relationship to a camera crew makes me weary.

I also think she wants her name out there in the market. She is an aspiring actress, right? And is working with the Jonas Bro's new projects.

Can I say that I don't like her much? :smilerolleyes: (i never use smilies)
Eh well. John's not had the greatest taste in my opinion, lol!

Lol, maybe i'm jealous.....I have no idea......but I guess I didn't like her.

Does that make me a mean person? :trytobeangel

Back