Mediocre Songs Turned Into Platinum By Producers

Proud Member
what makes a songwriter better? a producer.

these are Janet Jackson's original producers. and this song would be nothing but repetition if it weren't for the producers. Human, by Human League. to me, here, the producers make the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2X5PolerA

do you have any other ordinary songs from producers who made the songwriters' songs sound better? if you can find other Jam/Lewis productions, that's cool, too.

doesn't hurt that nice money was spent on this particular video, either.

Good topic. With John Legend being involved heavily on the club scene and session player long before Get Lifted hit big, he had a decent body of work to his credentials by the time he was signed. I really love some of his stuff (the small-club feel of Live At SOB's and the piano and acoustics of the Knitting Factory), but I'm glad I was first introduced to Get Lifted, as the production helps me get into the songs in their earlier and other forms much easier. I'm not sure I'd call "Lifted" a mediocre song, but I definitely think it benefited from production a great deal.

images

Lifted - Live At SOB's

images

Let's Get Lifted - Get Lifted

these are Janet Jackson's original producers.
Janet's original producers were a few of the Sylvers siblings and Rene Moore & Angela Winbush. They all produced songs on her debut album from 1982. Jam & Lewis didn't come along until the 3rd album. By the way Jam & Lewis wrote Human.

Back