McFly Tributes Michael Jackson in promo for new single - Love is on the Radio

qbee

Proud Member
McFly have accompanied their latest single with a playful promotional video in which they parody Michael Jackson and Miley Cyrus.

The band will release folksy new track Love on the Radio on November 24 ahead of their sixth studio album, which is expected to drop next Spring.

But while fans will have to wait three more weeks before they can get their hands on the single, the colourful four-minute promo has already dropped.

McFly304.jpg

Playful: McFly mimic MIley Cyrus and Michael Jackson in the promotional video for their new single, Love is on the Radio (WENN)

In keeping with the song's tone the band are in a playful mood as they mimic Miley's recent Wrecking Ball video.

The lads also include a send-up of pop legend Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal in the promo, which ends with all four covered in multi-coloured powder paint.

Band-member Danny recently admitted that McFly have grown as songwriters during their decade long recording career.

“The new album's amazing,” he told Digital Spy. “It's really organic and it feels like you're in the room with us.

“It's McFly, but with a mature songwriting side to it. We've grown over ten years and learnt a lot."

[video=youtube;eje0Ek_9K_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eje0Ek_9K_o[/video]

Read more at http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...e-Love-On-The-Radio-WATCH#ijbbqtSS1k4g7ZS6.99

What on earth...

I don't get it at all. Why Michael? Bizarre. Is there a connection I'm missing here?

Nice enough song though.

Going slightly off topic here but i really wish that people would shut up about Miley Cyrus. All these parodies that people are doing about her are gonna become really dated and old in a month or two.

What other songs have the sung? I don't think I have heard of them before.

Quite a good song.
I see no problem with the inclusion of an MJ impersonator. I just wish they would all tone down the white makeup a bit coz that looks silly IMO.

According to wiki, they've scored 18 consecutive UK top 20 hits and 7 UK number one singles.

In fairness, they are a decent little pop band I think.

According to wiki, they've scored 18 consecutive UK top 20 hits and 7 UK number one singles.

In fairness, they are a decent little pop band I think.

Ugh, the Michael Jackson thing aside, I hate seeing videos like this. Just the band mucking around in front of green screen. Ooh aren't you creative ! It shows, or at least gives off the feeling of, a complete lack of creativity. At least do something cool or artistic or different I suppose.

On a side note, I don't really like impersonators who get plastic surgery to look like their favourite stars... Like, I have nothing wrong with people dressing up like MJ and dancing like him. Hell, that's really cool and I actually like that... it's just if you're getting plastic surgery to look like another person... it seems really over the top and well, delusional. Just the fact you're so obsessed with a person to try and permanently alter your face to somewhat resemble them...

Last edited:
I think they covered Michael in their old concerts. I don't think it's supposed to be mean.

I think the one in the glasses is a fan..Not sure though! as I don't know much about Mcfly.
Not very keen on Love is on the radio video either... though I know that they have covered Michael

Last edited:
I mean I wouldn't say it's disrespectful either. I only watched maybe the first 2 minutes, but everytime that MJ impersonator came on, he was just dancing around. That's not disrespectful at all.

I'm familiar with their photo shoot for Attitude magazine. Unf.

who is mcfly? the only mcfly i know is this one...

[youtube]uE9_2vIlAmU[/youtube]

and that one is a legend.

Back