Mayor Oscar Goodman to proclaim Aug. 29th as Michael Jackson Day in Vegas!

VegasMJFan

Proud Member
Las Vegas Celebrates The Music Of Michael Jackson: Newly Added Performers and Details Announced

August 20, 2009 by VegasNews

The list of Las Vegas’ top entertainers continues to grow for the special one time performance Las Vegas Celebrates the Music of Michael Jackson on Saturday, August 29, 2009, at 3 p.m.
In addition to performers from casts, including “Jersey Boys,” “The Lion King,” “Peepshow,” “Ultimate Manilow: The Hits” and “Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular,” the following performers have been added to the roster of artists that will be performing in this celebration of The King of Pop. New performers include cast members from “Cirque Du Soleil’s Zumanity,” “America’s Got Talent” winner and headliner Terry Fator, “Britain’s Got Talent’s” group Signature and “Peepshow” star and pop culture icon Holly Madison – in addition to many other acts. The Las Vegas Mass Choir, who recently performed for President Obama, will also be a part of the stellar lineup.
Guests will be greeted by some rare Michael Jackson memorabilia as Profiles in History, the world’s largest Hollywood memorabilia auctioneer, will display some of the King of Pop’s costumes. These pieces include Jackson’s light up glove from the 1984 Victory Tour as well as original costumes from the Jackson 5. This display will be shown inside The Pearl and only available to ticketholders.
This special event will commemorate and celebrate Jackson’s life while raising funds to help kids across the U.S. and right here in Nevada keep music alive in the schools. 100 percent of the proceeds after cost from ticket sales of this event will benefit Music Education programming in Clark County Public Schools. The string quartet from Green Valley High School will make a special appearance as one of the many schools benefiting from the proceeds of the concert which are already in excess of $50,000.
Tickets for Las Vegas Celebrates Michael Jackson are on sale now and ticket prices are $29, $54, $79, $104 and $129, plus applicable box office fees. A VIP package is available for $504 and includes VIP seating, admission to the exclusive after party with the cast, gift bag and limited edition autographed poster. Please visit any Ticketmaster location, call 1-800-745-3000, visit www.ticketmaster.com or www.livenation.com to purchase tickets. The Pearl Box Office is open from noon – 7 p.m. daily. Doors will open at 2 p.m. and show time is 3 p.m.

Other activities surrounding this special day include:
  • 3 p.m. - Las Vegas Celebrates Michael Jackson
  • 7 p.m. - Michael Jackson will be honored with a Brenden Celebrity Star at Brenden Theatres at the Palms. The star will be accepted by Jackson’s father Joe Jackson and longtime manager and executor of his estate, Mr. Frank DiLeo will be on hand to make a special dedication.*
  • 8 p.m. - Brenden Theatres will host a rare showing of Michael Jackson’s 1988 film “Moonwalker,” presented by Cinevegas. Following this screening, there will be a Q&A session with Choreographer Vincent Paterson, Producer Frank DiLeo and Co-star Kelley Parker.* For tickets to the screening, please visit http://www.fandango.com/moonwalker_126927/movietimes?date=8/29/2009.
In addition, both the Mayor of the City of Las Vegas and the Clark County Commission have declared August 29th “Michael Jackson Day” in Las Vegas. A proclamation will be presented during the 3 p.m. celebration.
For more information about Las Vegas Celebrates the Music of Michael Jackson, please visit www.vegaslovesmj.com.

:scratch: So are they changing the date...coz he already has a day...???

On October 25, 2003,
the Mayor of Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the Honorable Oscar B. Goodman, proclaimed that day to be 'Michael Jackson Day.'

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Proclamation[/FONT]​
Whereas;
Michael Jackson's unconditional love and devotion for his enormous
worldwide fan base and his tireless efforts to make the world a better
place through his music has made him a pop icon of an entire
generation and has earned him a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame;
and
Whereas;
Thriller reamains to be the most successful album of all time with 53
million albums sold world wide to date; and
Whereas;
Michael's incomparable humanitarian efforts perhaps surpass even his
unconquerable musical success, making Michael not only a man of his
talent, but even more so of his heart; and
Whereas;
in the 2000 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records, Michael
Jackson is listed as breaking the world record for the "Most Charities
Supported By a Pop Star"; and
Whereas;
On the 25th day of Doxtber, 2003, Michael was welcomed to Las Vegas
by mayor Oscar Goodman and Michael Jackson Fan Support with the
key to the city; now
Therefore;
I, The MAYOR OF THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS, COUNTY OF CLARK, STATE OF NEVADA, HEREBY PROUDLY PROCLAIM OCTOBER 25, 2003, TO BE:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Michael Jackson Day[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]IN THE CITY OF LAS VEGAS AND ASK ALL CITIZENS TO ACKNOWLEDGE
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]THIS DAY, AS REQUESTED BY E' CASANOVA AND FELICIA PELLEGALLE OF
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]MICHAEL JACKSON FAN SUPPORT, IN RECOGNITION OF THE MANY
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS OF MICHAEL JACKSON.

[/FONT]
Source: MJJSOURCE

So that's why they didn't bury MJ? I think the family is too busy with different tribute event on his birthday.

Sounds interesting but Joe being there ruins it. It's cool that the fans will be able to see Moonwalker and cool memorabilia and money going to charity is a big plus - keeping MJ's legacy alive!

"So are they changing the date...coz he already has a day...???"

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are changing the date? I was there when Michael was given the Key to the City and when Oscar Goodman proclaimed that day as "Michael Jackson Day".

The only thing I can think of is that they are changing the date to actually be on his birthday?

"So are they changing the date...coz he already has a day...???"

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they are changing the date? I was there when Michael was given the Key to the City and when Oscar Goodman proclaimed that day as "Michael Jackson Day".

The only thing I can think of is that they are changing the date to actually be on his birthday?

Yeah, must be...I was just thinkin' out loud
What better day than his birthday :cheeky:

Back