May 7, 2009 - News?

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Raymone Bain's lawsuit is the 'news' of the day....All over the airways/internet:

Michael Jackson sued by former publicist for $44 million

Entertainment Weekly -
A former publicist of Michael Jackson has sued the King of Pop for $44 million, claiming the entertainer never paid her, Reuters reports. ...
Michael Jackson Can't Be Thrilled by More Lawsuits E! Online

Michael Jackson former publicist sues for $44 million Reuters

Michael Jackson sued over London O2 Arena residency NME.com

And there are several more, up to 434 links on Google.com alone

on the other hand - Will.I.am's announcement that MJ's voice is 'still' perfect is also circling the 'net.

Michael Jackson's voice is still perfect, says WILL.I.AM

Press Trust of India -
London, May 7 (PTI) 'Black Eyed Peas' front man WILL.I.AM has come to the defence of pop superstar Michael Jackson saying the singer still has a perfect ...

WILL.I.AM PRAISES MIJAC'S SINGING VOICE:...

Eurweb.com -
WILL.I.AM PRAISES MIJAC'S SINGING VOICE: Peas singer insists it still has 'perfect pitch.' *Will.i.am, one of the producers working with Michael Jackson on ...

Will.i.am 'Michael Jackson Is A Perfectionist'

AngryApe - There have been some fears that after such a long time of not singing live, Michael may not be up to scratch for his London Residency this Summer. ...

will.i.am praises Jackson's vocal ability

Digital Spy - By David Balls, Entertainment Reporter will.i.am has praised Michael Jackson's vocal ability and assured fans that he will be fit for his upcoming London ...

Cop Beyonce, MJ, Rihanna & J-Hud's Look at Target

Posted May 6th 2009 by Sonya Magett
Filed under: Style and Beauty, Style Spotter, Life and Style

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2009/05/06/cop-beyonce-mj-rihanna-and-j-huds-look-at-target/

Ever since Beyonce brought on the bling two weeks ago in Balmain's $11,410 crystal-studded canvas jacket, fashion blogs have been raving about her new favorite brand. A week later Rihanna showed up in the same item in another color for a quick fashion runoff, reminding us that even though she dropped the bad boyfriend, she hasn't lost an ounce of style. With this in mind, Target started promoting their version of the military look for less available right now with their bandleader vest from their in-house line, Go International, for a recession-friendly $34.99! The ultimate in chic that's cheap.​

beybalmain.jpg

Military Muse: Beyonce in $11k Balmain Jacket
targetvest.jpg

Target Go International Bandleader Vest, $34.99, Target.com
The look, started by King of Pop Michael Jackson over two decades ago, has been a celeb fave for a minute. Kanye West appeared at an awards show in a Jackson-esque style and this February Jennifer Hudson made her return to the spotlight at this yeear's Superbowl performing in a version by British designer Alexander McQueen. Curvy girls take note: work it like J-Hud with a simple tank and leggings or skinny jeans to get in on the trend without looking like a fashion victim.​

military---jacket---rihanna.jpg

Rihanna in Balmain
_jenniferhudsonmcqueen.jpg

Jennifer Hudson in Alexander McQueen
mj-comeback-jacket-a.jpg

King of Military Trend Michael Jackson
Although it's not a wardrobe staple, we say cop yours for summer. Paired with a tank top, miniskirt or short shorts like Rihanna, you'll be the leader of the fashion pack.​

Tell us, are you loving the military trend? Will you buy one from Target?

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1996 - Evan Chandler filed a $60 million breach of contract suit against Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley. The charge was that they had violated a confidentiality clause in the 1994 out-of-court settlement by discussing the case with Diane Sawyer on "PrimeTime Live."

Last edited:
does anyone know when did will.i.am said this?

lol@ you writing a questionmark after the news. that's probably what yall have to do everytime MJ news comes out. lol

notice the lawsuit news is on the major outlets and the good tidbits about his voice sounding perfect and such is on lesser outlets.

thanks for the news. :)

More MJ Mentionings!

The-Dream Recording New Album For December

Billboard -
"I don't have enough time," he explains, though there will be a cover of Michael Jackson's "Dirty Diana." "I've been trying to sing that song forever," ...

Michael Jackson Glove Collects $99000 Selling on eBay

WebWire (press release) -
A famed glove once owned by Michael Jackson has fetched $99100 while selling on eBay. The Glove, is claimed (by the seller) to have been worn by Jackson ...

ACCC Gives Arts and Communications Awards

Cape May County Herald -
The evening included a performance of Michael Jackson's “Thriller” by accc's Performing Arts Club. NBC 40 news anchor Michelle Dawn Mooney was honored as an ...

The look, started by King of Pop Michael Jackson over two decades ago, has been a celeb fave for a minute.

Thanks for the news!

LOL wow... I have to say when the "fashion experts" said the '80s were coming back, I really wasn't expecting this look to come back...

Michael is a fashion icon for sure. All of those jackets pay tribute to him whether it was intentional or not.

The Jackson effect
Billion pound Michael Jackson 'economic stimulus package' is coming

by Georgie Rogers

MJ_205x150.jpg

07 May 2009 - The Michael Jackson residency at the 02 Arena is going to give a billion pound boost to the economy, according to the second-hand ticket website Seatwave.

It kicks off in London on 8 July, taking in 50 dates until February next year.

Joe Cohen, chief executive of Seatwave, explained to 6 Music: “There’s gonna be somewhere near on a billion pounds worth of economic activity brought to London through hotels, restaurants, shops, pubs, people coming to see Michael Jackson.

“It’s the Michael Jackson economic stimulus package that the tax payer isn’t paying a penny for.”

Ticket trading

Seatwave revealed it has already traded 10,000 tickets for the gigs.

In spite of the number of tickets out there, people have been buying and selling in their thousands, said Cohen: “We’ve sold in the neighbourhood of 10,000 tickets so far.

“Depending on the reviews are after the first couple of shows, we think that number should have at least doubled by the end of the run.

“I’m not surprised at all this is the most popular performer of a generation who hasn’t performed for a very long time and may not perform again for a very long time, if ever.”

Cohen claimed a third of the buying and selling that is going on at Seatwave is between people trying to upgrade their tickets for better seats.

Doubt has been cast on whether the singer will be able to sustain such a long series of comeback dates, after photographs emerged of the 50 year-old looking frail, but Cohen reckons there’s no cause for concern.

“I don’t think that AEG Live would have put this together if they weren’t absolutely confident that Michael Jackson could perform all of these dates to the best of his ability,” he said.

header_blocks.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20090507_*****.shtml

The Jackson effect
Billion pound Michael Jackson 'economic stimulus package' is coming

by Georgie Rogers

MJ_205x150.jpg

07 May 2009 - The Michael Jackson residency at the 02 Arena is going to give a billion pound boost to the economy, according to the second-hand ticket website Seatwave.

It kicks off in London on 8 July, taking in 50 dates until February next year.

Joe Cohen, chief executive of Seatwave, explained to 6 Music: “There’s gonna be somewhere near on a billion pounds worth of economic activity brought to London through hotels, restaurants, shops, pubs, people coming to see Michael Jackson.

“It’s the Michael Jackson economic stimulus package that the tax payer isn’t paying a penny for.”

Ticket trading

Seatwave revealed it has already traded 10,000 tickets for the gigs.

In spite of the number of tickets out there, people have been buying and selling in their thousands, said Cohen: “We’ve sold in the neighbourhood of 10,000 tickets so far.

“Depending on the reviews are after the first couple of shows, we think that number should have at least doubled by the end of the run.

“I’m not surprised at all this is the most popular performer of a generation who hasn’t performed for a very long time and may not perform again for a very long time, if ever.”

Cohen claimed a third of the buying and selling that is going on at Seatwave is between people trying to upgrade their tickets for better seats.

Doubt has been cast on whether the singer will be able to sustain such a long series of comeback dates, after photographs emerged of the 50 year-old looking frail, but Cohen reckons there’s no cause for concern.

“I don’t think that AEG Live would have put this together if they weren’t absolutely confident that Michael Jackson could perform all of these dates to the best of his ability,” he said.

header_blocks.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20090507_*****.shtml

:D MJ's concerts save the economy... Pretty good for someone the media consider a 50 year old "has-been" :lol: Former King of Pop, my a**! :punk:

I have no doubt he brings good money to every country and he makes the people of the media rich, very rich. Not that they do thank him for. He gives more than the world could ever repay him, everyone profits from him und though do they grudge him his moments of high happiness

Back