May 26 News & Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
Not much going o yet. I'll check back later for more.​
Today in
Michael Jackson History

1990 - "Billboard's" Music Of The '80s Poll honored Michael Jackson with Pop Album Of The Decade (Thriller), Black Artist Of The Decade, Black Album Of The Decade (Thriller) and Black Single Of The Decade (Billie Jean).

1994 - Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley were married in the Dominican Republic. They were divorced in January of 1996.

lisa-marie-presley-michael-jackson.jpg

1990 - "Billboard's" Music Of The '80s Poll honored Michael Jackson with Pop Album Of The Decade (Thriller), Black Artist Of The Decade, Black Album Of The Decade (Thriller) and Black Single Of The Decade (Billie Jean).
:punk::punk::punk:
thanks!

I read on THE SUN that MJ has sold half of Sony/ATV catalogue, which means that he only have 25% of it now, is it true?

I read on THE SUN that MJ has sold half of Sony/ATV catalogue, which means that he only have 25% of it now, is it true?
I think you can answer that question for yourself.

First ask youself, "how many times have I heard that same exact story over the last 5-10 years." LOL!

Happy Birthday to MJJC Members!

PugsBuni (55)
MJJen2000 (27)
Naty (27)
billiejean (25)
Danaluvsmj (25)
Cutie2ya (20)

birthday_fish.gif

That is confusion on the part of the reporter, who has obtained copies of Bain's latest legal papers against MJ.

In the papers Bain demands that a sum equivalent to 10% of MJ's profits from T25 and This Is It be desposited somewhere safely immediately. She says that otherwise MJ is likely to spend the money he 'owes her' before her case even comes to court.

As evidence of MJ's insane spending habits she explains how when MJ was on the brink of financial collapse she had to refinance the Fortress loan for him. As a result of the refinancing MJ was given $25million for living costs and immediately spent $6million on antiques and statues.

The legal papers are full of jargon and legalese, so not entirely easy to understand. It says about the refinancing of MJ's loans, the collateral for which is his stake in the Sony/ATV catalogue and so on.

Clearly the reporter has misunderstood what the papers are saying and thought it said he sold his half of the catalogue, as opposed to borrowing against it.

Clearly the reporter has misunderstood what the papers are saying and thought it said he sold his half of the catalogue, as opposed to borrowing against it.

It's THE SUN, are we to expect anything more out of a publication like that. That is exactly why that type of publication can only appear in the TABLOID section of this board. Where it belongs, in my opinion.

because Sony/ATV is doing so WELL..........the more the media is going to run with this story of Michael selling his 1/2 is going to be repeated and repeated...........remember if you say a lie often enough... people start to believe...

Sony and Michael have a "JOINT-VENTURE".................neither Michael nor Sony sold anything to each other to do the joint-venture.. but there are certain stipulations in the deal.............those stipulations are what many speculate over.......year after year after year............

this is from the Sony site...

• Sony/ATV Music Publishing owns or administers more than 750,000 copyrights by such artists as The Beatles, Beck, Brooks & Dunn, Leonard Cohen, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Fall Out Boy, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, Sarah McLachlan, Joni Mitchell, Graham Nash, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Linda Perry, Richie Sambora, Shakira, Diane Warren and Hank Williams, among others.
  • Its growing current roster of chart-topping artists includes Akon, Sara Bareilles, the Jonas Brothers, Kenny Chesney, Flo Rida, Lady GaGa, Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift.
  • Sony/ATV recently acquired both the Leiber Stoller and Famous catalogs.
  • Sony/ATV Music Publishing was established in 1995 as a joint venture between Sony and trusts formed by Michael Jackson.
  • Martin N. Bandier is Chairman and CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing.
http://www.sony.com/SCA/outline/atv.shtml

anytime you hear :bs about Sony/ATV click on the link... its updated every quarter...

there is more than one Michael Jackson.. there is the entertainer the one that is going to tear down the O2..........then Michael Jackson the individual who had to refinance Neverland... and then there is Michael Jackson the businessman..........who does his business through a trust he owns 100% of and no greedy asses can mess with that trust.........

Ms Bains is grass and her azz is going to get cut.....

one of the things that is telling... in her new injunction........she says Michael set aside $13mil for settle lawsuit..............now alot of those lawsuits he was sued for multi-millions.........one was for $40mil........so if he just set aside $13mil for all of them shows me.................that he is shrewd with those settlements....

people can sue for and ask for outrages amounts but dude is shrewd.....

Wow, that is a good observation, Rasta.

Does anyone have access to her latest filing so that it can be posted here for reading?

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/26/my-personal-audience-with-the-king-of-pop/

Jennifer Sky Band: My personal audience with the King of Pop

Once upon a time, I attended the most unlikely of birthday parties, or highly likely, depending on which dimension of reality you believe in.
My husband and I arrived at London’s Heathrow airport, after the long flight from Los Angeles, and were met by a mysterious driver. I think he was speaking English, but neither of us could understand a word. Good thing I do understand the universal language of gesture — we were to get into his car! After hours of riding, destination unknown, we arrived at an elegant estate deep in the English countryside.
Two days later, I was seated next to Michael Jackson, actually rubbing his leg! Do read on.
Overhead, the circus-sized tent was draped in black and set with twinkling fairy lights; stars everywhere, all night. At table No. 1 sat Mr. Jackson. Next to him was Azim, the prince of Brunei; then Faye Dunaway, Raquel Welch, Jerry Hall, Shane West, Mario Vazquez from “American Idol,” some singer chick called Monica, my husband and myself. This eclectic group was gathered for Azim’s 25th birthday.
And so I found myself dressed in a silk strapless floor-length sheath sitting across a table from the King of Pop. What’s a girl to do? One must take advantage of this situation and talk to Sir Michael!
I devised a plan to reach my prey. First I came upon Ms. Welch, whom I complimented for her sparkly dress and figure. (Dude, the body on that woman — still unbelievable. I want to grow up to be her!)
Moving down the line, I knelt next to Ms. Dunaway and watched as she took a small scale out of her purse and weighed some tomatoes and lettuce. I had attended Wimbledon with Faye the previous year.
I said, “Faye you look so thin” — words a woman weighing her salad just loves to hear.
She replied with slight indignation, “I am thin.”
At this point I had maneuvered next to Michael himself; Faye to my right and Michael to my left. How do I begin? What would a man such as this want to hear? What is the universal language of the stars?
I turned to him and said, “I love your suit. It’s so beautiful. Who made it?” All the while rubbing the black, embroidered fabric of his pant leg: I was rubbing Michael Jackson’s leg!
He blushed a bit, and said in a soft, almost childlike voice, “Oh, thank you. Mr. Cavalli made it for me.” He was referring to famous designer Roberto Cavalli, who also was in attendance.
“Oh, it is so gorgeous!” I said, and smiled my sweetest. He smiled back shyly.
Turning back to Faye, who had been watching the exchange, I winked. She promptly offered me a compliment — I think. With a raised eyebrow she said, “You’re a very smart girl, aren’t you?”
To which I replied with a sly smile, “I am smart.”
Band, a native of Jensen Beach, is a retired model and actress. Online: jenniferskyband.com
ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.npc-scripps.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_width = 420 ; ctxt_ad_height = 150; ctxt_ad_source = 'npc_scripps_tcpalm_t2_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_config = '7894763060'; ctxt_ad_id = 'news'; ctxt_ad_type = 'news'; ctxt_ad_url = window.location.href ; ctxt_css_url = 'http://media.scrippsnewspapers.com/yahoo/yahoo_cm.css' ;
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/privacy/

Back