May 19 News & Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
A lot of reports about his dancers and the rehearsals he's doing now. Exciting stuff, no doubt. We're all psycked up for the concerts!!

Michael Jackson Auditions Dancers

MTV UK - London,England,UK
Michael Jackson held X Factor style auditions for dancers in Los Angeles last week and we've got the footage. The King Of Pop was auditioning the men and ...

This Is It: Jackson Picks Comeback Gig Dancers

Sky News - UK
Twelve lucky dancers have been given the opportunity of a lifetime by being chosen to join Michael Jackson on stage for his comeback concerts in London. ...

Michael Jackson's secret rehearsals for Dome gigs revealed - watch the video
Daily Mirror [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Tue, 19 May 2009 00:47 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
Michael Jackson and his team of dancers look set to raise the roof this summer judging by this first glimpse of their rehearsals.

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1979 - The Jackson 5 album "Destiny" hit #33 in the U.K.

2004 - The California Supreme Court denied the media's request to lift a gag order in the Michael Jackson child molestation conspiracy case.

MJJCommunity Events

Fans United: Giving Back to Michael

I hope you guys haven't forgotten about MJJC's big fan project! We would like to give Michael a unique gift from the fans - something nice to thank him for once again taking to the stage this year and to let him know that the fans are (as always) thinking of him no matter where we are this July. So we're collecting as many thumb prints as possible to turn into a special collage art piece that will be given to the King of Pop. It's easy and fun to do, so follow the link at the top to find out more!:yes:

MJJC Next Top Model!

Think you have what it takes to be MJJC's top model? Are you 18+ years old and free and available in London on the 9th of July? Ready for a little bit of competition and a lot of fun? Then you might be exactly who we're looking for! Click on the link, read the rules and submit your application by the 22nd of May:)

Fanclub Links and Projects!

Wondering what's going on with the fans around the world? Why not pop into Fanclub Links and Projects! and see what Michael's fans are up to. You might be surprised! For instance, the fans in Vietnam are having an absolute blast and would love to have your feedback on their ideas and projects - plus they have the coolest This Is It T-shirts: MJFCVN - MJ Official FC in VIETNAM!

dsc00638.jpg

That's it for the current MJJC Events!

A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart and a washed out dream...They follow the pattern of the wind ya see, 'cause they have no place to be - that's why I'm starting with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the tabloid article please post it in the tabloid talk section if you want but the news thread isn't the place for it :yes:

nice the audition video is making the rounds... also nice to see Michael and Team actively promoting O2....eventhough they are already SOLD OUT...

I am also amazed the media didn't get news of where and when the auditions were with so many dancings competing...glad they kept it secret until it was all over and
they are already in the late stages of completing prep for the tour...

tracking
Michael Jackson: Thrilling Us

May 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Is the King of Pop the next Rihanna? Though Michael Jackson laid the groundwork for many of today’s biggest stars, his sartorial choices haven’t exactly been fashion fodder—until now. After recently stepping out in a sequined Balmain tee, MJ turned heads this weekend in a Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci studded jacket and top. What’s next, sequined gloves from Chanel? What designers do you think Jackson should be wearing?

Photo: COP / BuzzFoto / FilmMagic

tags: Balmain, Chanel, Givenchy, Michael Jackson, Riccardo Tisci

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2009/05/michael-jackson-thrilling-us/

PRESS RELEASE: Michael Jackson Sources 500 Dancers Fly to Los Angeles for Extraordinary Auditions

Press Release:

Michael Jackson Sources 500 Dancers Fly to Los Angeles for Extraordinary Auditions

Rehearsals for the Michael Jackson shows are well underway and already the King of Pop is hard at work preparing his concerts with show director Kenny Ortega and contributing choreographer and dancer from the Dangerous and HIStory tours, Travis Payne.

Shrouded in secrecy and the subject of much speculation as to their content, the shows have created a level of excitement never witnessed before. Fittingly, for such an out of this world show, rehearsals are taking place south of Silicone Valley, west of the NASA Space Center!

One of the highlights of rehearsals has been the dance auditions. With over 5,000 applications received, the number was narrowed down to 500 potential candidates, flying into California from all over America, and as far away as Australia, Canada, Japan, Europe, UK, and South America. They are some of the greatest dancers the world has to offer, and they were there for one reason - Michael! His influence inspired many of them to become dancers in the first place.

The competition was intense during the 3 days of auditioning at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. Michael Jackson was present along with Kenny and Travis to make the final selections. The challenge to secure a place in the show became a reality for fewer and fewer as the level of competition increased. Dancers were tested on their strength, skill, style, creativity, fitness, commitment and execution

Ortega says, "The level of dancers that we saw at the auditions was incredible. Michael was extremely hands on throughout the process in working with the dancers and selecting the final candidates. It was an exciting, intense and highly creative process and not an easy decision in the end."

For your front row seat at the auditions log onto www.MichaelJacksonLive.com for behind-the-scene footage.

The final line-up of just 12 dancers includes an exceptional mix of international performers. Selected to perform alongside Michael Jackson at London's O2 arena are US dancers Charles Kapow, Ricardo Reid, Tyne Stecklein, Misha Hamilton, Mekia Cox, Nicholas Bass, Danielle Rueda-Watts and Christopher Grant. As well as, Timor Steffens from Germany, Australian dancer Shannon Holtzapffel, Daniel Celbre and Devin Jamieson from Canada.

Randy Phillips, President & CEO of AEG Live, commented, "Watching Mike and Kenny create this spectacle using the greatest repertoire in contemporary music is one of the most exciting experiences in my career in live entertainment. The fans who are flocking to see Michael Jackson's return to the stage will not be disappointed. From the special effects to the quality of the dancers and musicians, we are setting a new standard for major arena shows".

Be clear that this is not just a concert, "This Is It" will be a fully integrated musical experience combining theatre, film, music and the latest advances in technology. Movies, music and movement all rolled into one! . Michael is present at rehearsals overseeing every detail day in day out and constantly pushing the bar slightly higher.

Ortega adds, "It is an intense and exciting creative period. Onstage with the greatest entertainer of our time, we have a strong, talented, dynamic group of dancers and musicians. These are artists whose talent, dedication, skill and passion for performing with their idol is felt every hour of every day spent rehearsing. What is going to take place on that stage at The O2 arena in July will truly be inspiring."

By the end of the 50 concerts, 750,000 fans will have witnessed one of the greatest musical events in history. This will be the last chance to see the King of Pop in London - a historic stage show, and once in a lifetime concert experience - this really is it!

http://www.aeglive.com/news_detail.php?id=10210&detail_type=event

Michael Jackson: Thrilling Us

ALL of the fashion blogs are talking about MJ wearing the Givenchy pieces. Supposedly Rushka Bergman, the woman who styled MJ when he did that Vogue cover, is hooking MJ up with all of these new designer pieces.

The fashion blogs are also reporting that when MJ wore the Balmain t-shirt and belt, he was also wearing a Tom Ford suit.

Re: PRESS RELEASE: Michael Jackson Sources 500 Dancers Fly to Los Angeles for Extraordinary Audition

I love all of this exciting news!

Press Release:

The final line-up of just 12 dancers includes an exceptional mix of international performers. Selected to perform alongside Michael Jackson at London's O2 arena are US dancers Charles Kapow, Ricardo Reid, Tyne Stecklein, Misha Hamilton, Mekia Cox, Nicholas Bass, Danielle Rueda-Watts and Christopher Grant. As well as, Timor Steffens from Germany, Australian dancer Shannon Holtzapffel, Daniel Celbre and Devin Jamieson from Canada.

http://www.aeglive.com/news_detail.php?id=10210&detail_type=event

Only one thing, Dancer Timor is not from germany but from holland, I don't get how they could make that mistake..
(I know it's not really important, It just annoys me when people to give the right facts lol )

But still it makes me soo jealous of all these dancers that got picked!

Thanks to all for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

Randy Phillips, President & CEO of AEG Live, commented, "Watching Mike and Kenny create this spectacle using the greatest repertoire in contemporary music is one of the most exciting experiences in my career in live entertainment. The fans who are flocking to see Michael Jackson's return to the stage will not be disappointed. From the special effects to the quality of the dancers and musicians, we are setting a new standard for major arena shows".

Be clear that this is not just a concert, "This Is It" will be a fully integrated musical experience combining theatre, film, music and the latest advances in technology. Movies, music and movement all rolled into one! . Michael is present at rehearsals overseeing every detail day in day out and constantly pushing the bar slightly higher.

Ortega adds, "It is an intense and exciting creative period. Onstage with the greatest entertainer of our time, we have a strong, talented, dynamic group of dancers and musicians. These are artists whose talent, dedication, skill and passion for performing with their idol is felt every hour of every day spent rehearsing. What is going to take place on that stage at The O2 arena in July will truly be inspiring."

Ba-bump!:heart:Ba-bump! Ohhh myyy....the waiting is becoming almost unbearable with these write-ups and teasers. lol If we had to categorize these shows as being like Christmas, right now we'd be around Halloween. It's not quite Christmas yet...but you know it's juuuust around the corner cuz Macy's is decorating those windows. :xmas1:

Come On, Michael!!! :santa:

Don't remember if MJJC has banned posting pics when Michael visits his dermatologist (which Randy Phillips commented he does simply because they are good friends), but he was photographed / filmed there today again... No clue why the paparazzo took all the pictures from such a low angle, maybe he has no legs... Here's a couple, more here.

MJ05192009_01.jpg

MJ05192009_07.jpg

Ba-bump!:heart:Ba-bump! Ohhh myyy....the waiting is becoming almost unbearable with these write-ups and teasers. lol If we had to categorize these shows as being like Christmas, right now we'd be around Halloween. It's not quite Christmas yet...but you know it's juuuust around the corner cuz Macy's is decorating those windows. :xmas1:

Come On, Michael!!! :santa:

Ha! Ha! Christmas in July!:newyear: (July 8th, to be exact!);)

I feel like I'm gonna pass out from that SLAMMIN' AEG article!!!

I am sooo HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!

All this amazing news and ^^ possible AI appearance?? OMG...everything is so surreal, and awesome!

Yeh im gonna wait till idol airs and see what will happen

You're right... whewww calllm down. :lol: Got to wait.
But, does make me curious what is he doing at AI? :eek: Or he could just be watching cause he can? :lol: lol

You're right... whewww calllm down. :lol: Got to wait.
But, does make me curious what is he doing at AI? :eek: Or he could just be watching cause he can? :lol: lol

someone had tweeted yesterday that he was rehearsing just next door, so I dunno.....probably just took a stroll over......but I can envision a duet performance by him and Adam doing Black or White though, now that would be HOTTTTT!!!!!

VOTE FOR ADAM!!!!!!

if it's true, i'm guessing Ryan Seacrest is falling over himself trying to follow the lead and chase down MJ, cus Seacrest is king of the hard sell.

i thought he was rehearsing near the Burbank Airport.
That's what I thought also.. Nokia Center was for the auditions.. but he's rehearsing at Center Staging which is in Burbank.

Last edited:
Back