May - 15 - 17 News & Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
There are many articles about his rehearsals and the upcoming shows, but nothing new that ain't covered here allready. Have a great weekend everyone :)

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1988 - Michael Jackson's autobiography, "Moonwalk," debuted at #1 on the "New York Times" best-seller list.

1998 - Michael Jackson held a press conference to announce a series of worldwide benefit concerts for children. The first one was in Seoul with Luciano Pavaroti and Elizabeth Taylor on October 11.

Michael%20Jackson%20book.jpg

oh wow! I bought Moon Walk this Wednesday

http://www.seopressreleases.com/jack...ter-janet/2548

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

The Jacksons Deny Any Involvement With Planned Jackson 5 Reunion Show in Texas With Brother Michael & Sister Janet

Beverly Hills, CA, May 15, 2009 — In an official statement issued today The Jacksons (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Randy Jackson) have denied they were in any way involved with a proposed Jackson 5 reunion concert in Texas on July 3rd claimed this week by New Jersey concert promoters AllGood Entertainment.

According to The Jackson’s manager, Danny O’Donovan, the original members of the Jackson 5, and younger brother, Randy, who later joined Michael and his older brothers performing as The Jacksons, were never approached about participating in the purported Texas concert event with Michael and sister, Janet.

The Jacksons have said they will support Michael in fighting any legal action brought by AllGood Entertainment with regard to the promoter’s claim about a July 3rd concert in Texas Stadium. O’Donovan said “There is absolutely no merit in this claim, and we had no knowledge of any contract with anyone, for a so-called family tour reunion. In fact, The Jacksons were never even approached about it and no offer was ever made to them.”

All of the Jackson brothers are thrilled that Michael is returning to the live stage this summer and are totally in support of his historic 50 concert run at London’s O2 Arena. They eagerly look forward to seeing and enjoying his “This Is It!” concert event.

Contact Information
DANNY O'DONOVAN
Title: President
DANNY O'DONOVAN ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
468 N. Camden Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Phone: (310) 285 6000
Alt. Phone: (310) 995 1550
Fax: (310) 285 0016
Email: DODEntGroup@aol.com

wow. just wow. the ALLgood guys are not so good. juust desperate. and sad.

thanks Linda74

thanks everyone for the nandm

Thanks for posting that statement. I loved it.

So who the hell was doing all this agreeing without the principal persons knowing anything about it!

Confusing to say the least!

Glad they made a statement though......wonder if Janet will make one as well.

Thanks for the statement :D I'm just wondering, if the Jacksons had no intention of doing these shows, then what was Jermaine yapping about all last year about this "tour" with Michael and Janet?

Michael Jackson Mentionings for May 15, 2009:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i9u5X6OIhSEJQlPJlmDxj9bxOKkwD986S3K81

Students break 'Thriller' dance record

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — In what the organizer jokingly calls a case of his "Michael Jackson obsession gone wrong," a group of College of William & Mary students has won the world record for most people to dance to the singer's "Thriller" simultaneously in one place.
The 242-person routine was organized by longtime Jackson fan Kevin Dua, who was notified Friday by Guinness World Records of the accomplishment. The previous record was 147 people in an event held last summer at a British secondary school.
Dua, 21, spent the better part of the school year orchestrating the event, which was held April 19 at the college in Williamsburg, in eastern Virginia.
"I've been a Michael Jackson fan since I was 5 years old. It was something I grew up around," Dua said Friday in a telephone interview.
Dua also was inspired by Thrill the World, an event held each October in which groups of "Thriller" fans gather around the world to recreate the 1983 video, a horror-film spoof featuring Jackson dancing among a troupe of zombies. Last year's event included more than 4,100 dancers in 10 nations, according to the Thrill the World event Web site.
Dua recruited about nine friends to serve as trainers and to lead participants in the 6-minute dance routine. The event was thoroughly documented to Guinness specifications, including numerous still photos and video from multiple angles so "they were officially able to examine whether everyone was performing the entire dance routine correctly. Everyone did."
Except for the group leaders, all dancers learned their steps in about two hours, Dua said.
Dua, an Alexandria, Virginia, native who is graduating this weekend with a history degree, said the best part of the event was that it gave a diverse group of people — most of them weren't even born when "Thriller" debuted — the opportunity to share an experience and have some fun.
He plans to donate his official Guinness certificate to the college.
Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2009/05/16/winner-blamed-it-on-the-boogie/

Only eight, she said she preferred jazz to ballet, and she had been learning both styles for four years.
“I like getting on stage and performing, you get to know a lot of people and make lots of friends,” she said.
Thomas Weatherall placed first in the event with his Michael Jackson inspired dance to Blame it on the Boogie.

http://fm4.orf.at/stories/1603372/

An eleven year-old Stevie Wonder got signed. A ten year-old Michael Jackson got signed although Berry Gordy didn’t even want to see the pint-size singer and his brothers because Stevie Wonder’s Mom had been so demanding and turned Berry off of underage artists. His assistant, Suzanne de Passe INSISTED Mr. Gordy see the group of dancing, singing brothers and the rest is, as they say, history.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/96639-colours-14th-birthday-featuring-john-digweed/

Each ensured the crowds singing echoed round the wee arch. I am also told Healy dropped a cracking mix of Deadmau5 – Ghosts and Stuff with Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal. Got to say I am gutted about missing that one!

http://theappleblog.com/2009/05/15/itunes-rebranding-history/

Compared to vinyl records and rattling old tapes, CDs were practically magic. Not only could I play them on the family stereo, I could play them on my computer, too. Suddenly my favorite tracks from Michael Jackson’s “Bad” were a mere double-click away. Awesome.

http://www.ilikemusic.com/dance/yes_Giantess_Tuff_n_Stuff_When_You_Were_Young-6906

The quartet bonded over a love of music. "We all love Kylie Minogue. And Michael Jackson," says singer Jan. "For real. We have an unabashed love of pop music - and the time period in the early 80's where it was totally badass to be a pop star."

All I can say to the following article is...What.The.BEEP! :mello:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson%20auction%20bosses%20file%20for%20court%20help%20over%20dispute_1103539

The auction house bosses who missed the opportunity to sell off a treasure trove of MICHAEL JACKSON keepsakes are now calling on court officials to remove them from a legal battle brewing between the King of Pop's one-time manager and his company.

Julien's Auction House owner Darren Julien and his partner Martin Nolan have returned all 1,390 items they had hoped to put under the hammer last month (Apr09) to MJJ Productions, but it seems there's a row forming over the titles to six cars and monies Julien owes Jackson - as per the agreement which stopped the sale.

Jackson's former manager, Dr, Tohme, insists he'll sue the auction house if the titles are not returned to him and MJJ Productions officials have warned Julien and Nolan not to follow the svengali's wishes.
Jerry Hawxhurst, the lawyer for Julien's, has filed papers asking for the firm to be removed from the ongoing dispute between Jackson and his former manager.

He tells WENN, "When we settled with MJJ Productions, at the time Dr. Tohme was in charge... Subsequent to that we had some conflicting claims as to who is the current counterparty for the settlement. You have to understand MJJ is just an entity. We've been told that MJJ will no longer act through Tohme. Tohme, through his lawyers, is insisting that we continue to deal with him.

"There are car titles and some other things, that are not back with MJJ, that we have and that's listed in the complaint... We'd like to give them to someone; we just need the parties to agree who gets them. Julien's is caught in the middle of these factions.

"Tohme has threatened to sue us unless we give them to him and Jackson's people, while they haven't threatened to sue, have said, 'Operate at your own peril. We've told you not to give them to Tohme.'

"There's this procedure in our courts, where a party, like Julien's, who is caught in the middle, can simply file a petition with the court and say, 'We're caught in the middle, here are the various faction who are laying claim to this property. Please summon them to the court and have them work it out and excuse us from the fight.'"

15/05/2009 19:20

:(

:agree:What a mess!!!!!! :doh:-_-

Anyway there is supposedly a new sighting of Michael Jackson:
http://twitter.com/MLBgrrl

# I'm in Beverly Hills and THE Michael Jackson is at Tom's Toys with at least one of his kids. The masked faces are oh so swine flu.

11 minutes ago from Tweetie

-------------------------------------------------------

# A lot of People are lining up just to get a glimpse of him... Cause he's bad, he's bad (really really bad) who's bad?

4 minutes ago from Tweetie

# I'm in Beverly Hills and THE Michael Jackson is at Tom's Toys with at least one of his kids. The masked faces are oh so swine flu.

# A lot of People are lining up just to get a glimpse of him... Cause he's bad, he's bad (really really bad) who's bad?

lol...and there are people that actually think the mania isn't here. or they seem to give that impression that that's what they think.:lol:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b124333_michael_jacksons_rehearsals_still.html

Michael Jackson's Rehearsals Still On—And Getting Magical

Today 4:30 PM PDT by Natalie Finn and Whitney English

Despite the current legal threat to Michael Jackson's ballyhooed comeback, the King of Pop is pressing on with his $20 million production.

With Billboard estimating that Jackson's 50 shows this summer at London's O2 Arena could end up taking in more than $100 million—plus another $15 million in merchandise sales—Jackson is in the process of adding even more bells and whistles to what promises to be one heck of a spectacle, whichever way the ball bounces.

E! News has confirmed that magician Ed Alonzo, who most recently helped trick out Britney Spears' Circus tour, has come aboard to fashion some magical moments for Jackson's shows.

"I met with Michael Jackson a couple of days ago and am now officially creating magic and illusions for his concert," Alonzo said Friday. "I will not be performing in the show as I do with Britney. I'm just creating the magic that Michael has requested in his vision."

Instead, Jackson, whose most recent trick was an 12-year disappearing act from touring, will take the magic into his own hands.

Jackson "has a great knowledge of magic and has performed illusions in his shows before," Alonzo, who's heading to London with the Circus in June, said.

"Michael has two routines in mind so far using magic elements that I am creating," he added. "I have to show him a demo of the effects next week. Then the props are to be built and he will start rehearsals. I will teach him the effects and help in staging them."

Here's hoping the idea of a 50-date return to live performing isn't the biggest illusion of them all.

Concert promoter AllGood Entertainment is trying to put the kibosh on Jackson's gigs, claiming the singer is in breach of contract because he had promised to participate in a Jackson 5 reunion show and is not allowed to perform anywhere else until said reunion takes place.

Nonsense, responded AEG Live, which called the allegations "completely meritless."

And for any skeptics who doubt that Jackson has the physical stamina to make it through a 50-night engagement, turns out the 50-year-old passed his requisite physical "with flying colors," AEG CEO Randy Phillips told Billboard.

Those hefty production costs have been fully insured, Phillips said.

With tickets selling for around $115 and audiences numbering 15,000 on average, Jackson's take figures to be upward of $50 million, analysts estimate.

oooh maybe we'll get some cool weekend pix to soothe our wounds from the rollercoaster news all week. :lol: Thanks for the tweets...altho this whole twitter thing is still kinda weird to me. It's like a human GPS system.

"I met with Michael Jackson a couple of days ago and am now officially creating magic and illusions for his concert," Alonzo said Friday. "I will not be performing in the show as I do with Britney. I'm just creating the magic that Michael has requested in his vision."

Instead, Jackson, whose most recent trick was an 12-year disappearing act from touring, will take the magic into his own hands.

Jackson "has a great knowledge of magic and has performed illusions in his shows before," Alonzo, who's heading to London with the Circus in June, said.

"Michael has two routines in mind so far using magic elements that I am creating," he added. "I have to show him a demo of the effects next week. Then the props are to be built and he will start rehearsals. I will teach him the effects and help in staging them."

:sorcerer: :wild::girl_happy: :cloud9: Oh man, I'm not going to make it til September. Might have to trade that ticket in for something earlier....must.restrain.myself.

Thanks for posting, TSCM.

So Tohme has threatened to sue Juliens if they don't give him Michael's things? That stuff belongs to Michael. What does Tohme want with it? I smell something stinky about this. I hope I'm wrong and this is someone's idea of a very bad joke. But it doesn't sound like that somehow.

Last edited:
Dua, 21, spent the better part of the school year orchestrating the event, which was held April 19 at the college in Williamsburg, in eastern Virginia.

^^congrats to those who participated!

Moonwalk is such a great autobiography, I wish he will release a second part

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b124333_michael_jacksons_rehearsals_still.html

Michael Jackson's Rehearsals Still On—And Getting Magical

Today 4:30 PM PDT by Natalie Finn and Whitney English

Despite the current legal threat to Michael Jackson's ballyhooed comeback, the King of Pop is pressing on with his $20 million production.

With Billboard estimating that Jackson's 50 shows this summer at London's O2 Arena could end up taking in more than $100 million—plus another $15 million in merchandise sales—Jackson is in the process of adding even more bells and whistles to what promises to be one heck of a spectacle, whichever way the ball bounces.

E! News has confirmed that magician Ed Alonzo, who most recently helped trick out Britney Spears' Circus tour, has come aboard to fashion some magical moments for Jackson's shows.

Here's hoping the idea of a 50-date return to live performing isn't the biggest illusion of them all.

Concert promoter AllGood Entertainment is trying to put the kibosh on Jackson's gigs, claiming the singer is in breach of contract because he had promised to participate in a Jackson 5 reunion show and is not allowed to perform anywhere else until said reunion takes place.

Nonsense, responded AEG Live, which called the allegations "completely meritless."

And for any skeptics who doubt that Jackson has the physical stamina to make it through a 50-night engagement, turns out the 50-year-old passed his requisite physical "with flying colors," AEG CEO Randy Phillips told Billboard.

Those hefty production costs have been fully insured, Phillips said.

With tickets selling for around $115 and audiences numbering 15,000 on average, Jackson's take figures to be upward of $50 million, analysts estimate.

I will be very disappointed if the TII shows turn out to be something like Britney's Circus tour. Magic tricks and distractions all over the place while MJ is just standing there half-assing it. :no:

I will be very disappointed if the TII shows turn out to be something like Britney's Circus tour. Magic tricks and distractions all over the place while MJ is just standing there half-assing it. :no:

I understand your concern, but Michael has always used magic trickes in his concerts. I'm sure it won't be used as a distraction, but to merge one song/perormance in to another. Such as Michael disapearing in a tent in Working Day & Night (like of the Bad and Dangerous tours) and then appearing in an explosion on the other side of the stage singing Beat It on a crane etc.

Here goes another strange and bizarre acting former manager, Dr. Thome. So you were in charge of a auction, the Auction got called off, why should the titles and other things be sent to you instead of the owner of the product,MJ? WOW, how can so many people get so twisted when it comes to MJ's money and property? This situation is absolutely BIZARRE. It is time for MJ to completely get rid of all these crazy people surrounding him.

We've learned there was a secret meeting yesterday at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where Michael Jackson made it clear -- he will not perform with Janet and the Jackson 5; and the dude who organized the concert tour tells us he will sue them.

As we first reported, *****'s manager signed a deal on behalf of M.J. to perform with his sis and bros at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas in 2010. Part of the deal -- that he not sign any other concert deal for 18 months. But then ***** went and signed up for his London concerts which are scheduled to begin in July.

The company that organized the family concert --- AllGood Entertainment -- got Michael, daddy Joe Jackson and several others in a room yesterday at the Bev Hills Hotel. Joe tried to convince Michael that the family tour should go on, but Michael wouldn't budge because it would have aired on pay-per-view and M.J. said he doesn't like pay-per-view! The meeting was heated and no one agreed to anything.

Patrick Alloco of AllGood tells us he's going to sue Jackson and his family next week.

Stay tuned.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/16/michael-jackson-jackson-5-jackson-five-*****-janet-jackson-lawsuit/
0515_michael_jackson_ex.jpg

I am celebrating my 26th anniversary of Michael fandom as just a little exciting tidbit from me. :punk:

Back to the news:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Saturday, May 16, 2009:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/96718-britains-got-talent-winner-to-audition-for-michael-jackson/

Britain's Got Talent winner to audition for Michael Jackson

Britain's Got Talent winner George Sampson is reportedly flying out to Hollywood to audition for a part in Michael Jackson's UK comeback shows.
The youngster has been asked to showcase his breakdancing talents for the pop superstar in a bid to make a cameo appearance during *****'s sell-out stint at London's O2 arena.
A source told The Sun that Jackson's choreographer Kenny Ortega set up the audition with Sampson.
The source claimed: "George couldn't believe it when he got the call-up.
"His mum has had to scrape him from the ceiling every morning since he was told he would be auditioning for *****.
"He has been rehearsing morning, noon and night to get his routines sharpened up for his big chance."
They added: "He's nervous but he's used to performing under pressure."
Sampson recently claimed that he is soon to embark on a Hollywood film career.
He said: "I've got a few big things coming up. I'm going to go to America and do things there.
"I've had a few film offers so I'm going to take a few of them up.

http://www.cleveland.com/music/plai...e/entertainment-0/1242462843287170.xml&coll=2

Alongside fan favorites such as "Dance, Dance," the well-paced 90-minute performance also yielded fun covers of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" and OutKast's "Hey Ya!" that underscored Fall Out Boy's devotion to R&B and hip-hop.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705304494,00.html

My dad used to sing me to sleep with those political folk ballads," Rodriguez said with a laugh. "And when I was 9, he gave me a Leonard Cohen album.
"I was into Michael Jackson and Madonna at the time, and he said, 'You will probably hate this right now but love it later — happy birthday.'

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/2ea1f394-40dc-11de-8f18-00144feabdc0.html

Yet guitar solos survived punk – Television’s album Marquee Moon is a shrine to soloing – and then the rise of pop and R&B in the 1980s. Prince’s playing on “Purple Rain” and Eddie Van Halen’s turn on Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” belong in the pantheon of classic guitar passages, while contemplative scenes in Top Gun or Miami Vice invariably found characters gazing at the sea as a moody solo delineated their inner lives.

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/308995/

Her classes offer a lot of variety -- stemming from the basics -- because after all these years, she gets bored easily.
"I change it all the time," she said.
That, plus her high-energy personality and maybe the Michael Jackson songs she slips in each week, keeps her students coming back for more.

Michael Jackson HIStory for May 16, 2009:

1983 - The television special "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today and Forever" aired. It was a taping of the first time that Michael Jackson performed the moonwalk for a live audience

motown25.jpg

var fo = writeMoviePlayer("watch-player-div", false, null, null, "100%", "100%");

Last edited:
I don't inderstand one darn thing from that Julien's, Tohme report......

Back