Matt Kemp switches walk-up music to MJ's 'Black or White' in response to Sterling controversy

qbee

Proud Member
Matt Kemp switches walk-up music to 'Black or White' in response to Sterling controversy

Michael's message rang loud and clear in the wake of the Donald Sterling controversy…. major kudos to Matt Kemp!! ~ Willa Borders FB

"Several Dodgers, well aware of Kemp’s link to the story, teased him in the clubhouse Sunday morning, asking him, among other things, if he was “mixed.” Kemp laughed it off, as he did when, just before the club went out for batting practice, someone blasted Michael Jackson’s “Black or White” over the clubhouse sound system.

“Hey,” Kemp said to the room, laughing. “I should walk out to this, huh?”

Hours later, it was no joke: Kemp’s first at-bat was accompanied by Jackson’s track from his 1991 album, Dangerous."

Matt Kemp Responds to Donald Sterling With New Walkup Music
[video=youtube_share;8xEI9amafS8]http://youtu.be/8xEI9amafS8[/video]
http://youtu.be/8xEI9amafS8

Source http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/matt-kemp-donald-sterling-michael-jackson

qbee;3992077 said:
Matt Kemp switches walk-up music to 'Black or White' in response to Sterling controversy

Michael's message rang loud and clear in the wake of the Donald Sterling controversy…. major kudos to Matt Kemp!! ~ Willa Borders FB

"Several Dodgers, well aware of Kemp’s link to the story, teased him in the clubhouse Sunday morning, asking him, among other things, if he was “mixed.” Kemp laughed it off, as he did when, just before the club went out for batting practice, someone blasted Michael Jackson’s “Black or White” over the clubhouse sound system.

“Hey,” Kemp said to the room, laughing. “I should walk out to this, huh?”

Hours later, it was no joke: Kemp’s first at-bat was accompanied by Jackson’s track from his 1991 album, Dangerous."

^^What is this story about? What is a Sterling controversy? What story is Kempt linked to and who teased him about what?

^^What is this story about? What is a Sterling controversy? What story is Kempt linked to and who teased him about what?

Are you living in America? This topic was the lead at every news outlet for days and days. Donald Sterling the owner of the LA Basketball Clippers was caught on tape making racist comments about blacks,especially not wanting blacks attending his clippers games, including much loved hall of famer Magic Johnson.

This man has a long history of racial issues. And he was about to get a second award from the LA chapter of the NAACP. It's beyond time the NAACP stop taking hush-money from racist entities like Rupert Murdock, and Donald Sterling.

Almost forgot this. The country is so outraged, the commissoner of Basketball banned Mr Sterling from basketball for life, fined him two plus million,and is in the process of forcing him to sell the team. And the leader of the LA chapter of the NAACP resigned from embarrassment.

Last edited:
^^Oh I see thanks. I did not hear about it, did not hear people talking about it, and no one told me about it.

Back