Math help (i havn't taken math forever)

KOPV

Proud Member
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with this problem. my girlfriend (4 years younger) is taking a basic college math class but I havn't taken math for SO long and I have forgotten alot of the basics of algebra. Here is one of the problems!
securedownload.jpg

lol anyone??? well my girlfriend just started the class so if any of you are good at math send me a pm incase questions come along.. It would be so appreciated

Im good at math either, but i wish u all the best for it.

lol yeah maths was a long time ago. but this question really breaks it down into steps so it's alright. I'm not gonna answer the whole thing because then your girlfriend won't learn anything, but here is the main bit:

I am asked to find the amount of money the actor invests at 9% and 10% (Thats self explanatory right? The answer is in the question)

The amount of money that was invested at 10%, in terms of x, is 2x + 35000 (Because its 35000 more than twice of x)

(0.09)x + (0.10)(2x + 35000) = 22930 (Just plug in the values of x and the interest given in the question)
Now you just have to re-arrange that equation to get x! :punk:

^^OMG I didnt check back til now for responces! jeez my girlfriend all ready tearned in her work.. She has another one due next tuesday that you may be able to (if willing) help with???? ;)

And to all others that came in here, thank you for even taking a chance on looking and for the "good lucks" :)

Damn! I hope she did alright. Lol yeah just pm me later and i'll see if i can help :) I was actually procrastinating when i did that question.... it's 1am and i have to write another 1000 words for an assignment before i sleep! ugh

^^ wow!! thats dedication right there :) Ill probably pm you today once my gf sends me some of her math..

Back