Marvin Gaye's quote on young MJ

billyworld99

Proud Member
As Marvin Gaye said of young MJ: “Michael will never lose the quality that separates the merely sentimental from the truly heartfelt, "It’s rooted in the blues, and no matter what genre Michael is singing, that boy’s got the blues.”

Joe Vogel tweeted this (author of upcoming book Man In The Music) maybe its gonna be included in the book

what a quote, and coming from marvin gaye. thanks for sharing. can't wait for the book pre-order as well.

billyworld99;3334784 said:
As Marvin Gaye said of young MJ: “Michael will never lose the quality that separates the merely sentimental from the truly heartfelt, "It’s rooted in the blues, and no matter what genre Michael is singing, that boy’s got the blues.”

Joe Vogel tweeted this (author of upcoming book Man In The Music) maybe its gonna be included in the book
Wow!!! Thanks a lot!:wild:
What a compliment:clapping:from no other than Marvin Gaye!

I look at it like, he was talking about one of the ultimate goals singers are supposed to achieve when he draw a line between "the merely sentimental" and "the truly heartfelt".
And he made it clear that our Michael achieved it as a young boy. This is huge yall.

When people like Marvin said something deeper than things like, "That boy can sang!", you know Lil' Michael was considered to be the real deal.

amazing quotes coming from the legend & his idol....Man MJ got soul , he always sings w/ deep emotion. And that's what a truly great singer is!

Wow!!! Thanks a lot!:wild:
What a compliment:clapping:from no other than Marvin Gaye!

I look at it like, he was talking about one of the ultimate goals singers are supposed to achieve when he draw a line between "the merely sentimental" and "the truly heartfelt".
And he made it clear that our Michael achieved it as a young boy. This is huge yall.

When people like Marvin said something deeper than things like, "That boy can sang!", you know Lil' Michael was considered to be the real deal.

Agree.
Only thing is that I think Michael didn't achieved it as a young boy, Michael had it ,period.

A quote from Suzee Ikeda from Mototwn
"Michael could make you forget he was so young.His aprproach to songs - and to people- was always intuitive, always amazing.He knew where to put emphasis in a lyric, where to put runs, when to pull back, how to end a line.I may have been standing next to him, to be encouraging and to remind him what was rehearsed.But you couldn't call it rehearsel: he had the quickest ears of anybody.No one showed him that level of creativity.That was him, his soul.I would just shake my head and say, how does he do that?"

Back