Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On Deluxe Edition gots to be the greatest soul album put together!!!

troubleman84

Proud Member
...no I'm not joking! :lol:

album-lets-get-it-on-deluxe-edition.jpg

I finally got the deluxe edition of Let's Get It On on CD and its imperfections (alternate vocal cuts, demos, instrumentals, etc) help to build the mystique around Let's Get It On. Not only that but you hear other artists' interpretation of Marvin's work:

The Miracles covering "Love You Secretly" (its working song was "My Last Chance"), the Monitors covering "Just to Keep You Satisfied" as well as the Originals' version, then you had Marvin interpreting Willie Hutch's four penned tunes very well. There was still a much of a social conscious even in the sexual interplay of the original LP.

Plus Marvin is probably at his fine vocally on this album... I'm seriously about to start obsessing over the album now! :lol:

The computer is definitely my best friend. ^_^

If you're a deluxe edition music freak, get this, lol!

I need this album, sounds awsome!. I have 'The Sexual Healing Sessions' thats worth a buy, if you haven't already got it :)

I need this album, sounds awsome!. I have 'The Sexual Healing Sessions' thats worth a buy, if you haven't already got it :)

Yeah I got it. It is incredible. :yes: Then again, most of the deluxe editions of Marvin's work is excellent anyways. I'm gonna get the HERE MY DEAR sessions next. ^_^

one of my favourite moments in any song "1:10 to 1:20" in 'Let's Get It On'... too good.

Been listening to the album a fair bit lately and liking it alot.

I have all of the Marvin deluxe CDs. I also have the deluxe versions of Donna Summer's "Bad Girls", Tears For Fears "Songs From The Big Chair", & Diana Ross' "Diana".

My favourites on that are the bonus song 'head title' (very raw) and Save the children.
I can't stop singing 'who really cares'!!

^^ That's from What's Going On. :) I agree, I love the raw version of what was to be "Distant Lover" (I don't have the lyrics yet for this melody but I'm gonna sing from the top of my head, I'm singing from what comes from my soul...). :yes:

^^ That's from What's Going On. :) I agree, I love the raw version of what was to be "Distant Lover" (I don't have the lyrics yet for this melody but I'm gonna sing from the top of my head, I'm singing from what comes from my soul...). :yes:

So, they are you're right!

The lyrics for 'save the children' seem as though it was a song almost written by MJ in the present day rather than one over 30 years old...

I just want to ask a question
Who really cares?
To save a world in despair
There'll come a time, when the world won't be singin'
Flowers won't grow, bells won't be ringin'
Who really cares?
Who's willing to try to save a world
That's destined to die
When I look at the world it fills me with sorrow
Little children today are really gonna suffer tomorrow
Oh what a shame, such a bad way to live
All who is to blame, we can't stop livin'