Martin Bashir admits he lied about MJ documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasume

Proud Member

It's too late! Should've said that during the 2005 trial.

Last edited:
and he never admitted he lied if i remember right

So is your post :). This was right after MJ's death. Use the search button and find the old thread, since this one's gonna closed soon.

Oh, I didn't know, sorry. I looked before I posted but I guess I didn't look hard enough. There are so many threads.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't remember him lying about anything in the documentary. I just remember him editing it very badly to make Michael look bad.

Michael told a few lies in that documentary as well, truth be told.
Well yeah he probably did, but I don't see how his lies affected Bashir's life, giving the biased DA ideas of prosecuting him again, and turning the entire world against him. This is what I don't like about MJ fans (No offense to you). ''Poor'' Martin Bashirs 'editing' led to the trial, and making Michael's final years so miserable.
But MJ fans tend to defend everyone and their mama, by downing Michael and blaming him only. Why not blame the Lehman Brother's fall on Michael Jackson as well which led to our current economic situation.

Last edited:

Yes, like when he said he had the best fans in the world.

He lied.

Some fans prefer to speak ill of him but not criticize the demon that almost ruined his life.

I'm sure you agree with me.

Last edited:
Yes, like when he said he had the best fans in the world.

He lied.

Some fans prefer to speak ill of him to criticize the demon that almost ruined his life.

I'm sure you agree with me.
Regardless of him agreeing with you, I do.

You guys are taking what Agent M say way out of context. He never said what Michael said caused everything that happened. Michael did lie in the documentary and did make a few mistakes which didn't help him. It wasn't his fault, he just didn't know how the general public percieved it. How would he?

There's no need to flame or tar all MJ fans with the same brush.

Well yeah he probably did, but I don't see how his lies affected Bashir's life, giving the biased DA ideas of prosecuting him again, and turning the entire world against him. This is what I don't like about MJ fans (No offense to you). ''Poor'' Martin Bashirs 'editing' led to the trial, and making Michael's final years so miserable.
But MJ fans tend to defend everyone and their mama, by downing Michael and blaming him only. Why not blame the Lehman Brother's fall on Michael Jackson as well which led to our current economic situation.

thank you for that. while we fans are the record for the most loyal fanbase in history, we also have to look in the mirror, for among us tend to be things we shouldn't be proud of, when it comes to how we treated Michael.

and quite frankly, Agent M..i don't know what lies you are talking about that Michael told in that documentary.

You guys are taking what Agent M say way out of context. He never said what Michael said caused everything that happened. Michael did lie in the documentary and did make a few mistakes which didn't help him. It wasn't his fault, he just didn't know how the general public percieved it. How would he?

don't be so protective of yourself, if you are so willing to put out stuff against MJ. if u dish it, be prepared to take it.

you can't call what MJ said a 'mistake', just because the world might have a warped perception of reality. everybody has their own sense of morality, but we have no right to call another's sense a 'mistake', just because it might not agree with ours. if we're gunna call someone else's idea a 'mistake' we must be prepared to have our idea called a 'mistake'.

Having said that, i believe Martin Bashir didn't even make the effort to 'clear things up' media style, like he did in that interview. that's the media's version of an 'apology', where one apologizes without actually apologizing, by mixing words in a way that tells the truth while the spirit behind it, tells a lie. all he did was tell us, what we already know about the verdict, but his voice genuflected in a way that comes across contrite. it's the oldest trick in the media book.

You gotta be kidding me. :mello:, He was asked about his personal life and personally, The public doesnt need to know EVERY SINGLE Detail about Michael. The only thing i remember is about the surgeries. He NEVER wanted to discuss the surgeries and stuff in public...and thats his prerogative...We have no right to say he lied because its his personal life. Other than that, please tell me where he lied...cuz really dont see any point.

I'm really trying not to be rude but like
twinklEE said Bash!t's life was affected because of Mike...But Mike's life was destroyed by This so called journalist! you dont want me to tell you how it was destroyed, do you? I mean....Damn!:no:

I'm really not trying to take this out of context...but reading the comment again, I still dont understand what it has to do with this thread topic.

Sorry Agent M. But I hope you understand where I'm coming from...

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:
don't be so protective of yourself, if you are so willing to put out stuff against MJ. if u dish it, be prepared to take it.

I'm not protecting myself at all. I have nothing to protect myself against. I dished nothing and have nothing to take.

I'm not protecting myself at all. I have nothing to protect myself against. I dished nothing and have nothing to take.

you didn't take a good look at your first post. you found a way to say something, and now you are convincing yourself that you didn't say it. you called what MJ said, a 'mistake', and then you put a spin on it. i'm not going to go around with you to explain a post that i read, clearly. i recognize that people can convince their brain that they didn't do something, if they use a subtle enough approach. i'm good at it. we're all good at it. we're all intelligent, here. we know what we're doing. Bashir just displayed it in his video.

but hey...ce la vie.

thank you for that. while we fans are the record for the most loyal fanbase in history, we also have to look in the mirror, for among us tend to be things we shouldn't be proud of, when it comes to how we treated Michael.

and quite frankly, Agent M..i don't know what lies you are talking about that Michael told in that documentary.
You know everytime I hear/read people say that about ''us'', I can't help but think, they have no idea about how ''we'' really are.

English is not my primary language but I'm not blind nor stupid.

There is always a poor excuse for what others say. But that does not change the fact that they said nonsense.

you found a way to say something, and now you are convincing yourself that you didn't say it. you called what MJ said, a 'mistake', and then you put a spin on it.

I'll explain what I meant.

When I said Michael made mistakes - holding hands with Gavin, saying he sleeps in the same room as the children staying at neverland etc. Even though he said he never slept in the same bed which I believe, it would still have been used against him in court. Everything Michael did was out of love and innocent but the public who viewed that documentary wouldn't have seen it that way.

And I never tried putting a "spin" on it. What I meant by that was that he would have no idea how people viewed what he was saying and what he did was because he had no idea what the "real world" was like. Ever since he was a kid he's been surrounded by security, bodyguards and screaming fans. The only time he ever got a glimpse into "ordinary peoples" lives was when he invited them to Neverland but even then he couldn't trust them and the second somebody flashed money in their face, they betrayed him. So how would he know how the public percieved what he said?

I've never denied or convinced myself that I didn't say anything, I haven't put a "spin" on anything and haven't "convinced my brain" that I didn't do anything. I'm stating my opinion - nothing else. ;)

You know everytime I hear/read people say that about ''us'', I can't help but think, they have no idea about how ''we'' really are.

Sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean when the media say it or other fans?

I'll explain what I meant.

When I said Michael made mistakes - holding hands with Gavin, saying he sleeps in the same room as the children staying at neverland etc. Even though he said he never slept in the same bed which I believe, it would still have been used against him in court. Everything Michael did was out of love and innocent but the public who viewed that documentary wouldn't have seen it that way.

And I never tried putting a "spin" on it. What I meant by that was that he would have no idea how people viewed what he was saying and what he did was because he had no idea what the "real world" was like. Ever since he was a kid he's been surrounded by security, bodyguards and screaming fans. The only time he ever got a glimpse into "ordinary peoples" lives was when he invited them to Neverland but even then he couldn't trust them and the second somebody flashed money in their face, they betrayed him. So how would he know how the public percieved what he said?

I've never denied or convinced myself that I didn't say anything, I haven't put a "spin" on anything and haven't "convinced my brain" that I didn't do anything. I'm stating my opinion - nothing else. ;)

To me that wasn't a mistake, it's the harsh reality of the world we live in these days in how they took what he said. He didn't do anything wrong. :no:

This has been posted before and before this thread turns ugly, I'm gonna close it. :)

EDIT: Misty beat me to it. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back