Maroon 5 remixed by Pharrell, ?uestlove, Ronson, Premo, Ali Shaheed... [2008]

arXter

Proud Member
coming out next week, with some great soulful remixes/remakes. the band's pretty talented, i've never took notice before this, and the lead singer sounds a bit like Jay Kay. will be buying this.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Response-Maroon-5/dp/B001H3KMNY

2rhnxfm.jpg

Sunday Morning
(?uestlove Remix)

Wake Up Call
(Mark Ronson Remix feat. Mary J Blige)

She Will Be Loved
(Pharrell Williams Remix)

If I Never See Your Face Again
(Swizz Beatz Remix)

Better That We Break
(Ali Shaheed Remix)

Secret
(DJ Premier Remix)

i wish maroon 5 started making real music again, instead of just caring of being in the spotlight.

I thought remix albums went out of style when Paula Abdul & Pet Shop Boys were popular, lol.

The Bloodshy & Avant remix is my favourite!
The Paul Oakenfold is also reeeeally well made.

I like almost every remix on the album, it's better than most "regular" albums now days.

The Pharrell Williams remix was quite disappointing, but it fits pretty OK on the album when you listen from beginning to end.

The Bloodshy & Avant remix is my favourite!
The Paul Oakenfold is also reeeeally well made.
your fellow countrymen did well here, lol. i think i remember they also did a great remix on Johnny Cash's recent remix album.

and i've never been impressed with Oakenfold.

but i'm excited about this album seeing as a good handful of my favourite producers are on it, especially Ali Shaheed Muhammad who hasn't done much in a good while. and the original material by the band is decent.

The Pharrell Williams remix was quite disappointing, but it fits pretty OK on the album when you listen from beginning to end.
completely agree, and he is way overrated but still a good co-producer. i liked the chorus of that remix, did you sense a little Auto-Tune effect there, lol?

and the lead singer sounds a bit like Jay Kay.
hmm.. i have a different impression lol. i find Levine's voice particularly annoying and would never compare it to much more sweeter, smoother, lighter and flexible Jay Kay's voice.
haven't heard too much of band's original stuff, but these remixes sound good. especially the last two.

Last edited:
arxter,man, forget about this sh...

take a spin of "songs about jane" - that song is...awesome.

and btw,i have to admit that i like the b-sides of the Won't be soon before long album more than the ones on the album. The album is tooooooooooo pop.

your fellow countrymen did well here, lol. i think i remember they also did a great remix on Johnny Cash's recent remix album.

and i've never been impressed with Oakenfold.

but i'm excited about this album seeing as a good handful of my favourite producers are on it, especially Ali Shaheed Muhammad who hasn't done much in a good while. and the original material by the band is decent.

completely agree, and he is way overrated but still a good co-producer. i liked the chorus of that remix, did you sense a little Auto-Tune effect there, lol?

Hmmm I have not heard of the Bloodshy & Avant remix you're talking about, I think I need to make some research! :)

Haha, my ears are not trained enough to catch that auto tune, maybe a little bit of pitch correction with melodyne though?
The vocals almost too good, kind of sterile.

Yeah Pharrell has done some disappointing stuff the last couple of years.
But sometimes he shines, like that monster "Teriyaki Boyz - Zock On!", have you heard that?
Shit's incredible for being in a language I don't understand even a single word in, lol.

hmm.. i have a different impression lol. i find Levine's voice particularly annoying and would never compare it to much more sweeter, smoother, lighter and flexible Jay Kay's voice.
hmm, a Jay Kay groupie i have angered =P j/k

arxter,man, forget about this sh...

take a spin of "songs about jane" - that song is...awesome.

and btw,i have to admit that i like the b-sides of the Won't be soon before long album more than the ones on the album. The album is tooooooooooo pop.
lol well i like this "sh" because i'm a fan of the remixers here =P, but i will dig deeper into that album and get back to you, mate.

Hmmm I have not heard of the Bloodshy & Avant remix you're talking about, I think I need to make some research! :)
my bad, it wasn't them. i was thinking of this remix which maybe you'll enjoy too:

Johnny Cash - Belshazzar
(Machine Drum Remix)

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1624463&postcount=8

Yeah Pharrell has done some disappointing stuff the last couple of years.
But sometimes he shines, like that monster "Teriyaki Boyz - Zock On!", have you heard that?
Shit's incredible for being in a language I don't understand even a single word in, lol.
LOL yep, i like that and i'm a fan of J-Pop/Urban music. though i don't enjoy that particular track as much as early Neptunes stuff, but definitely a banger.

arX, yeah i get you. i guess i stick to the originals, as i heard them first so... cuz "songs about jane" is the best soft rock album for chilling... THE BEST THERE IS.

:)

wooop its my boys! lol

dam, Pharrell's remix sucked big time :S
out of any of the remixers i thought he'd be the one to create the best one.

thanks for posting :)

hmm, a Jay Kay groupie i have angered =P j/k

how sweet, Arkan:hug:

i thought i showed enough admiration for your remixes but apparently i need to try harder lol.
so once again: i think this sound

here

is just.. mm..

perfect.

so enjoyable haha.

f_laugh.gif
aww girl you're crazy, but thank you. that's the sweet sound of the Rhodes..

Back