Mariah Carey best selling artist of the 90"S

she was a bigger success than MJ? wow!

anyway how big was MJ in the 90s?

michael was huge in the 90's too with the dangerous album, the superbowl which is still the most watched audience in history, ghost short film, but you have to remember mariah released a lot of albums in the 90's that's why

today she sold over 200 million worldwide

MJ was still huge in the 90s....but not as big as he was during the 80s. Him, Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Mariah, and Celine were perhaps the biggest solo artists of the 90s.

Bigger than all the other artists combined, that is how he was in life and still remains to be beyond despite all the shyte he had to go thru

MJ didn't have to release anything to be the biggest and baddest and he knew it. Besides, he spent the 90's fighting for his life just as he did the 00's. Also, Mariah had Tommy Mottolla doing major payolla for her back in those days which is much of why she was so huge. Did she have talent, of course, but you'd be crazy to deny Tommy's ginormous part in her success.

All those other artist that were out during the 90s & the 00's didn't go through what MJ went through..and MJ was STILL selling very well..I don't think a lot of those other successful artists in the 90s could've pulled that off..32 Millon from Dangerous and 20 Millon from the History Album and 13 Million from Invincible..that is wonderful to me!!

Last edited:
All those other artist that were out during the 90s & the 00's didn't go through what MJ went through..and MJ was STILL selling very well..I don't think a lot of those other successful artists in the 90s could've pulled that off..32 Millon from Dangerous and 20 Millon from the History Album and 13 Million from Invincible..that is wonderful to me!!
true, he pulled it off despite what he went thru others wouldn't have been able to sell one CD no more.

Amen! That goes to show the power of Michael Jackson. He was one of a kind and will always remain the greatest ever.

I loved Mariah of the 90s .However,the "current" Mariah makes me want to faint right away. Can she go back to her old voice?She can't sing "Hero" as she used to anymore '.'

and Travis,I love your siggy ;)

I loved Mariah of the 90s .However,the "current" Mariah makes me want to faint right away. Can she go back to her old voice?She can't sing "Hero" as she used to anymore '.'

and Travis,I love your siggy ;)

Thank you! Which one? Ha ha!

Madonna ;)
She is gorgeous,50 years old and still better than a lot of young artists ;)

Aww thanks so much! I really love that photo too. It's from her new Dolce & Gabbana ad campaign. The pics are all stunning.

P.S. I meant no disrespect to Mariah Carey. She certainly deserved her success and worked very hard for it. No disrespect there.

Back