Mariah Carey a bit...drunk?

Haha..nicely said :p

Publicity?? Or legit?? That's my question

She's got a bit happeneing atm. Good time to draw attention to yourself...

what a role model, example of life, divinity in motion (quoting Michael, cause i think she is pretty still a bit big) ... she has great voice though

Mariah Explains Rambling Awards Speech

Mariah Carey has jokingly blamed her bizarre performance at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards on director Lee Daniels.

The singer-actress gave a long-winded, rambling acceptance speech after being named Breakthrough Actress for her performance in Precious, which Daniels directed.

"The thing is me and Lee hadn't see each other in a long time, and then he was presenting my award, so he starts off immediately with inside jokes," Mariah said.

"We had splashes of champagne, and I love Lee but he's a bad influence."

The video of her speech is one of the most popular on the internet, and led to jokes at Mariah's expense.

The 39-year-old says she was rushing to receive the honour and didn't eat enough.

She also says people shouldn't take the speech too seriously.

"If people don't understand me and think I'm just like this girl that stands by a microphone and sings Hero, then they're definitely not going to get me," she explained.

"But if people knew me better, they would understand I have a sense of humour, and basically that's what gets me through life."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...ing_Acceptance_Speech_On_Director_Lee_Daniels

she's more likeable when shes drunk haha good to see a celeb let themselves go a little

Yep I agree.

And personally... so she had some champers and made the mistake of not eating around the time she drank it. Happens to the best of us. She's not a kid and like she said she's not some little girl going around singing Hero all the time. She's a woman who has a little bubbly... like we all do.

I don't get why because she's a celeb she's supposed to live by different rules than the rest of us. Why is that? And isn't that exactly what they always did to MJ? One little thing blown way out of proportion, when if it had been any of us, it would have been a laugh?

Maybe I just took the lessons MJ gave about the press to heart more than others... I dunno. I just don't find this sort of stuff even reasonable :unsure:

... and I'm not even a fan of her :p

I'm sure a few of us have been there! She looked like she was having a great time, good for her. Celebrities always get plastered at these events, just most waut until the end!

As a huge Mariah fan I think it's great to see her looking so happy after everything. It's been a long time coming, good on her. :wub:

Yep I agree.

And personally... so she had some champers and made the mistake of not eating around the time she drank it. Happens to the best of us. She's not a kid and like she said she's not some little girl going around singing Hero all the time. She's a woman who has a little bubbly... like we all do.

I don't get why because she's a celeb she's supposed to live by different rules than the rest of us. Why is that? And isn't that exactly what they always did to MJ? One little thing blown way out of proportion, when if it had been any of us, it would have been a laugh?

Maybe I just took the lessons MJ gave about the press to heart more than others... I dunno. I just don't find this sort of stuff even reasonable :unsure:

... and I'm not even a fan of her :p

I think it's a unwritten rule that celebs *should* be good role models and shouldn't go on stage drunk , seeing as the influence it probably has on weak minded individuals AKA Americans

jto4de.jpg

I JOKE

I think it's a unwritten rule that celebs *should* be good role models and shouldn't go on stage drunk , seeing as the influence it probably has on weak minded individuals AKA Americans
jto4de.jpg

I JOKE

NOW NOW!! :she_devil:

Ah yes, a drunk rant wouldn't be complete without the person saying "I LOOVE YOOU..." at least once :giggle: Too funny.

NOW NOW!! :she_devil:

Ah yes, a drunk rant wouldn't be complete without the person saying "I LOOVE YOOU..." at least once :giggle: Too funny.

That mankini is gonna give me nightmares!! :bugeyed

Haha yeah it's just not complete without either someone drunk crying... or saying for ten minutes how much they love you :rofl:

...or dancing like an idiot to MJ (shhhh don't tell anyone!) :shifty:

Remember this time?

That was obviously planned. The audience are the only ones who didn't know about it. The plug for the concert at the end gave it away. And even then, I don't understand what the big fuss with this was. If the press called this a 'breakdown' then wtf was Joaquin Phoenix on?

More likely to do with the fact that she's a rumoured alcoholic.

Back