March 3 - News and Mentionings

mariemarie

Guests
Hello hello wherever you are. It seems spring won't come out from it's hiding in many parts of the world yet. I love snow and all, but too much is just too much. don't you agree?

There's really not anything yet to report. I'll be back with more later. But do please post anything worth mentioned here in this thread. Take care =)

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1979 - Michael Jackson's "You Can't Win" peaked at #81 in the U.S. It was his debut with the Epic label.

1984 - Michael Jackson's single "Thriller" hit #4 in the U.S. It was the seventh and final single from the album "Thriller."

1985 - Madame Tussaud's waxworks unveiled their look-alike of Michael Jackson.

1988 - Michael Jackson donated box-office receipts of $600,000 from a concert at Madison Square Garden to the United Negro College Fund.
200px-MichaelJacksonYouCantWin.jpg

http://news.sky.com/skynews/

Sky News understands that after years of rumours Michael Jackson has finally agreed to perform a string of concerts in London this summer.

15233401.jpg

The 50-year-old will end his exile as a live performer by staging a residency at the 02 Arena this summer, in one of the biggest comebacks in pop history.
While the exact dates of the shows are yet to be revealed, Sky sources say that Jackson has exchanged contracts with the venue and is now committed to return to live performance.
The first dates of the concerts will be confirmed at a press conference on Thursday at the 02 and it's understood the star may appear there to make the announcement.
A small number of shows will be released initially but more dates will go on sale, emulating Prince's successful 21 night stay at the venue in 2006, if interest in the shows is as high as promoters expect.
It seems inevitable that the concerts, which sources say are the only live shows he is planning, will sell out instantly but what is never certain with Michael Jackson is his behaviour.
In his prime he was unquestionably one of the all time greats: a sublime singer, a thrilling dancer and a songwriter whose gifts were such that he wrote the highest selling album of all time in Thriller.
However, that peak was a long time ago.
Since the 80s Jackson has appeared to be increasingly damaged in every area of his life.
The surgery has robbed him of his looks, the eccentricities have robbed him of his cool, the recurrent child abuse allegations (all of which he was cleared of any wrongdoing) and the money worries have clearly taken a huge toll.
When Jackson last appeared in London at the World Music Awards in 2006 he was able only to mime to a few bars of We Are The World before leaving the stage.
And when he appeared in public in Las Vegas just before his 50th birthday last August he looked weaker than ever, dressed in pyjama trousers he appeared gaunt and frail.
It's long been said that Jackson's health was the main reason that he had not agreed to stage a comeback tour, with various rumours surrounding the reason for his weight loss.
Whether he has been able to work on his fitness to sustain a residency will be one of the key questions ahead of this series of dates.
But it may be that Michael Jackson's finances are now in such a state of disrepair that quite simply has no choice but to go back to work.

The gates of Neverland have closed, the possessions from his fairytale home are to be auctioned and he has had to turn to various sources for loans.
If he were to emulate Prince's record residency at the 18,000 capacity 02 Arena then he could play to an estimated half a million fans, which are according to some experts could generate in theory up to £50m.
If he will be able to repair his finances or his reputation through this residency remains to be seen but there is no doubt it will be fascinating to watch him.
Whether it's a car crash or a triumph as always with the former child star it will undoubtedly be compelling.
Many will be astonished just to see him back on a stage and cynics will say, regardless of contracts, that there is plenty of time for Jackson to have second thoughts before he steps out on the stage of Britain's biggest arena.
Ultimately, as with all the greats, what remains is the sheer quality of the music and Jackson's best work is up there with the greatest musicianship of the 20th century.
If Jackson can reclaim just a little of his genius to do them justice then this residency would be the most unlikely of triumphs. We shall see.

Today in

Michael Jackson History
2009: MJ lands in London to get ready to a press conference to announce tour plans and future plans!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice picture of MJ and the 5 awards! :D

MICHAEL ARRIVES IN LONDON TO ANNOUNCE O2 PERFORMANCES
3rd March 2009

AEG Live (UK) have confirmed that Michael Jackson will land at Luton airport at approx 2:00pm today and will be making a special announcement at approx 4:00pm on Thursday at The O2 in London!

Michael will be breaking his silence about upcoming plans for live performances!

Source: AEG Live (UK)

^^^^^

It's not on there website!!

to hell with you Sky new!!!

muther***ers!!! stop trying to rain on MJs parade!! it WILL BE the biggest return EVER no doubt!

3rd March 2009

AEG Live (UK) have confirmed that Michael Jackson will land at Luton airport at approx 2:00pm today and will be making a special announcement at approx 4:00pm on Thursday at The O2 in London!

Michael will be breaking his silence about upcoming plans for live performances!

FOR REAL???!! STOP PLAYIN' STOP PLAYIN'...

are you playin'? are you playin'? :bugeyed

3rd March 2009

STOP PLAYIN' STOP PLAYIN'

FOR REAL??

don't play wit me, omg:bugeyed

Exciting stuff. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a pair of tickets! x

^^^^

Yeah, just the feeling of having a MJ ticket in your hand is pure excitement!

^^^^

I know!
I just want to have that piece of mind once I have paid for them, so I can say to myself "yep, i'm going to the concert" but obviously it depends on the pricing/availability :( :D:D:D

I feel so lucky to be living in the UK now! I would always hate people who lived in Argentia and stuff because they always got to meet michael/see him in concerts, but finally my day is almost arriviing. Our days :).

Back