Mandella concert

neverlandprincess

Proud Member
Just got a text from a friend who received a phone call to say michael was in london for the mandella concert.

Has anyone heard anything

no, i was listening to the concert on the radio earlier and there was no indication of michael being there. the concert is due to start on television in 10 minuites here in the UK so we will see.

Last edited:
I've been watching the concert on the internet and Will Smith has been the best performer so far. He really woke the crowed up!

I hope Michael shows up

I've been watching it on the internet. The idoits on ITV cut out Will Smith's performance

man IF MJ did show up there, it would be awsome..

I aint putting my hopes into it though...

I've been watching itv, will smith has been the best thing so far. It looks like its going to be boring

I'm watching LIVE from the website. :yes:
Dang, I missed the Will Smith part. :(

WOAH, Amy Winehouse is up now!

Amy was cool, at least she turned up. Its really boring. They have really scraped the bottle of the barrell for this concert

and they only showed the sugababes performing 'push the button' and they didn't show them doig 'about you now' but i heard it on the radio, and they sounded better than evr on that one on he radio

I cant wait to see Queen's performence i herd them playing in the backround before it cut to Nelson's speech :yes:

simple minds are playing now, they still sound cool. I dont think there is long left.

Still time for maybe a message from mike, but i doubt it

Unless or until MJ is seen at this thing, I'm moving this to the music makes the world go round forum.

Anyone else see Biran May and Andrea Corr performing "Is This The World We Created"? it was a pretty good performence i liked it

I watched it, I loved queen but it just isn't the same without Freddie mercury. With every song except 2 I would hear him singing in my head instead of listening to the new singer...
That is one tough singer to follow-up on,but it's a good thing paul rogers isn't trying to be the new Freddie.

I liked Amy whinehouse as well,but she is a weird performer to me. She sounded pretty good but the way she stands on that stage was to me pretty uncomfortable to watch,she kept pulling at her skirt for some reason ..
I liked seeing the african performers as well,and Nelson mandela himself of course ..

Last edited:
tbh theres no real big stars anymore except mj and madge. concerts like this are always gonna be pretty naff cause its mainly a bunch of also rans who werent even born when the who mandela thing was at its height

Back