Manchester - London

Nojustice2000

Proud Member
anyone making this trip?

I was thinking of going via Virgin trains on the cheap tickets time, although they only do tickets 12 weeks prior to departure :(

Anyone elses form of trasnsport there?

i live in chester and we were thinking of going to london from chester by national express coaches,it,s worth looking into that,i think they are cheaper than the train.

if you book the train in advance - you can book 3 months ahead -you can get a cheap price...I will be doing the same but London-Manchester (Leeds) in august..

national express funtickets can cost as little as £3 each way. if u need to do it on the cheap thats your best option

Booked Virgin Trains today - £32 return for 2 adults depart 16th return 17th

Good price and there in 2 hrs :)

might be £1 but takes 4hrs 30 mins

By the time you get there , booked in hotel, you have no time left ;)

haha you can never tell...I have taken the train 2x to London from Leeds - Manchester and both times I was delayed..

1st time for approx 5 hrs - due to a "situation" involving my train----that was really really bad. not just the delay but everything that happened (police was attending the train and the whole network broke down....and I was asked if I wanted to give record of what I witnessed.....Gosh it was bad...)and I was going down to London for a show on Broadway (needless to say I didnt make it on time)

2nd time approx 2hrs...on the way back...so it was only a minor " situation"...

after this I gave up taking the train to London and took the plane...no issues there...

so you if you book your train to the one I am going to be on, be prepared I might attrack bad luck again....

Back