Man Suing Michael Jackson Estate for $5 Million

DJSiddall1989

Proud Member
A man who claims he was the highest bidder on 170 items in a canceled Michael Jackson auction is now suing the late singers estate.

Richard Lapointe has just filed a $5 million lawsuit against both Michaels estate and Juliens Auction House, who had scheduled a huge Jackson memorabilia auction for April, but ended up canceling it.

In the lawsuit, Richard claims he was the only bidder on 82 items and "may have been the highest bidder on not less than 88 additional items."

Richard claims Julien's notified him in writing on April 11 and 14 that his registration was complete and his bids had been received. Richards claims Julien's then canceled the auction "despite having accepted bids." He's asking for a minimum of $5 million -- because he claims that's the "true market value of the items" he was bidding on.

Darren Julien issued a statement to TMZ saying:

"He called us the day the auction was canceled and told us he has been emotionally damaged, and he asked what we would do to compensate for it. If he is that emotionally damaged, he can bet on the items when they come back up for auction on November 21st. Also, he accepted the terms on the bidder form which said the auction could be canceled at any time.

Obviously this guy is just out to make a quick buck! Too bad it looks like he wont see a dime of it!

Oct. 06 2009
source: Hollywoodscoop.com

(Just For People Who Haven't Seen This)

Last edited:
Honestly, I still doubt that Michael ever needed to think about selling his things.

i very much doubt that he would get any money hes just a greedy person trying to get a bit of fame / money

like it says he accepted the terms on the bidder form which said the auction could be canceled at any time.

i think michael canceled this auction and he didn't want to sell his personal items. can anyone tell me if Julien is gonna sell them again on November 21st?

The midnight hour is close at hand, Creatures crawl in search of blood... Or in search of a quick buck at least. Unfortunately there seems to be an abundance of these creatures around. That man has no grounds for his claim whatsoever.

People make me sick suing Michael left and right it's all about MONEY. I wonder did anyone sue Elivis when he died.

Darren Julien issued a statement to TMZ saying:

"He called us the day the auction was canceled and told us he has been emotionally damaged, and he asked what we would do to compensate for it.
UGH. It's like shades of the Chandlers and Arvisos all over again. :rolleyes2:

If he is that emotionally damaged, he can bet on the items when they come back up for auction on November 21st. Also, he accepted the terms on the bidder form which said the auction could be canceled at any time.
I love their dry response to his threats! :laugh:

Doesn't a seller have the right to cancel or remove items from an auction if they see fit? I mean, I don't think there's a contract involved, is there?

Back